Photo

Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1569 replies to this topic

#941 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

The chorus of Hells Bells i perfect imo.

I was always partial to Highway to Hell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#942 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Lmfao, what a fvcking tool. Over the goal song. Do people honestly have any idea how fvcking self righteous and stupid they sound with sh!t like that? They changed the song. Get the fvck over it. fvcking babies, I swear.

It's a somewhat common sentiment.    Sometimes the little things drive people batsh!t, it's basic psychology.

#943 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

It's a somewhat common sentiment.    Sometimes the little things drive people batsh!t, it's basic psychology.

BS. It's such bullsh!t. Just a bunch of talk. Obviously, if the Devils suck this season, that'll be real incentive not to go to the games. 

How many people said they weren't coming back after 04-05 lockout or the one last year? Really hurt the interest around the league. But that was small potatoes compared to these new evil owners making it more difficult for us to yell "you suck". 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#944 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

BS. It's such bullsh!t. Just a bunch of talk. Obviously, if the Devils suck this season, that'll be real incentive not to go to the games. 

How many people said they weren't coming back after 04-05 lockout or the one last year? Really hurt the interest around the league. But that was small potatoes compared to these new evil owners making it more difficult for us to yell "you suck". 

Well, obvious losing is what seals the deal.   That's what causes disproportionate responses to silly, trivial things.

#945 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Stupid people are going to boo, but there's not much you can do about it. Just hope they find a suitable replacement. If these three options suck, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

Devil fans would boo Mother Theresa.  I just they like to hear themselves do it.  I'm one of those fans that is embarrassed by it. Stop being so middle school. 

If the Devs score three goals, (God willing) folks at the arena will boo all three, guarenteed. Then they'le be sending out another letter.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#946 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

I was always partial to Highway to Hell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wouldn't mind that one bit.  Can anybody do a goal horn mock up of these two?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#947 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

Lmfao, what a fvcking tool. Over the goal song. Do people honestly have any idea how fvcking self righteous and stupid they sound with sh!t like that? They changed the song. Get the fvck over it. fvcking babies, I swear.

Exactly!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#948 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

If we're smart we'll yell you suck to any song they choose

#949 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

If we're smart we'll yell you suck to any song they choose

What exactly would be smart about doing that?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#950 justintime2989

justintime2989

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

I love r&r pt 2 even if was just hey. But I felt the hey you suck got everyone shouting it and being loud. Even couple of my friends who are ranger fans and a blues fan said they were against getting rid of it.

#951 TackleDummy

TackleDummy

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

I'd like to give Ring of Fire a tryout and see how that works.  Social Distortion cover specifically.  2:10 mark

http://youtu.be/-HvXtadPpQw

#952 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

What exactly would be smart about doing that?

Fighting against the man... its the spirit of punk rock

#953 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Let's wait until the following face-off at least before starting a "you suck" chant.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#954 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

Punk rock is dead. This is a hockey song.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#955 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

What do you guys think of The Trooper by Iron Maiden as a possibility?  The part I have in mind starts at exactly one minute in.  They can maybe edit it a little so the part that would be the crowd chant would be repeated a few more times.  People can easily chant along to it and it is upbeat.

I also like the suggestion for Seven Nation Army but not that bogus electronic version posted earlier.

Edited by devilsfan26, 16 October 2013 - 01:53 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#956 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

"kings county KING - How does going to away games amount to not supporting your team? I don't support the new corporate regime that Blitzer and Harris have established in the last few months. They run Prudential Center. So, I won't go to Prudential Center. Not for hockey. Not for WWE. Not for concerts. Not for basketball. I own several Devils jerseys. What motivation do I have to hand them my hard-earned money, when they don't care about you or I? Vanderbeek was one of us. They are not."

It's funny that he doesn't equate Vanderbeek, the former executive vice president of Lehman Brothers, as a corporate regime...

#957 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

It's funny that he doesn't equate Vanderbeek, the former executive vice president of Lehman Brothers, as a corporate regime...

Vanderbeek ran the team like a fan.   He's a mixed bag.   I think he was good for the team.   But I think his bank account was not.    If he wasn't genuine, he was a very, very good phony.   I was at the fire bar during a draft party and he spent a solid hour bullsh!tting with the unwashed masses.

#958 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Punk rock is dead. This is a hockey song.

You just made the list, pal.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#959 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

was looking at hf boards and have to wonder what the age of there posters are because most sound like little babies complaining, threatening to never go to the pru center again or another devils home game.  

"kings county KING - How does going to away games amount to not supporting your team? I don't support the new corporate regime that Blitzer and Harris have established in the last few months. They run Prudential Center. So, I won't go to Prudential Center. Not for hockey. Not for WWE. Not for concerts. Not for basketball. I own several Devils jerseys. What motivation do I have to hand them my hard-earned money, when they don't care about you or I? Vanderbeek was one of us. They are not."

I care about the players, and I'll cheer their goals in person. In New York and Pennsylvania.
all of this because of a goal song thats changing and you cant say 'you suck".   

VBK was most definitely one of us.  None of us could afford to run the Devils either. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#960 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Vanderbeek ran the team like a fan.   He's a mixed bag.   I think he was good for the team.   But I think his bank account was not.    If he wasn't genuine, he was a very, very good phony.   I was at the fire bar during a draft party and he spent a solid hour bullsh!tting with the unwashed masses.

Well yes I agree. but we only got that understanding of him a few years into his ownership, the more he attended fan events and made himself public. I'm willing to give our new owners that same benefit of the doubt and same amount of time to warm up to us, which they don't have to do anyway.

As far as the goal song's concerned, I am almost 90% sure this has been Lou's wish for years now and the new ownership group felt obliged to give him his way. I am almost positive the Harris group didn't walk into the building and have the goal-song change as their first order of business. This isn't the best public relations for them either, don't forget that. It's something so petty and so specific that it screams Lou Lamoriello.

Edited by DJ Eco, 16 October 2013 - 10:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users