Photo

Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1559 replies to this topic

#961 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Don't know if it would be cost prohibitive but what about each player having their own goal song?

#962 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Can you do something with Pop Evil - Deal with the Devil (posted link in other thread). I wish Devils could contact them to modify some of the wording.

And you think our fans are upset about change? I'd love to hear what the artist would say to that or beter yet go over the their forum and hear the fans reaction to selling out.

#963 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

And you think our fans are upset about change? I'd love to hear what the artist would say to that or beter yet go over the their forum and hear the fans reaction to selling out.

I would think it would be good publicity for them, I don't think the artist would care so much, he just would want to get paid.  It would be his hard core fans if anything about him "selling out"

Posted Image

#964 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Whatever the new song is, IMO it has to be a recognizable song.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#965 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Whatever the new song is, IMO it has to be a recognizable song.

Well more to the point it's gotta be a Jersey band/composer cause that was obviously a requirement with Ole and This is Our House.  I hope Bon Jovi didn't get tainted too much because of the latter...Raise Your Hands could actually work nicely (1:10-1:40 in this video, :59-1:29 on iTunes).

#966 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Well more to the point it's gotta be a Jersey band/composer cause that was obviously a requirement with Ole and This is Our House.  I hope Bon Jovi didn't get tainted too much because of the latter...Raise Your Hands could actually work nicely (1:10-1:40 in this video, :59-1:29 on iTunes).

Hey hows it going NJDevs26?  Assuming you're the same NJDevs26 on HF.

But it doesn't have to be a NJ band.  I picked Hells Bells simply because the crowd goes nuts when they hear the tolling of the bells.  Why not use the song with it?

#967 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I post more on HF but lurk here too.  You and me don't think it has to be a NJ band, but the people picking it clearly do, history shows that.  For some reason it's important to the suits that a Jersey-made song be the goal song even if 90% of fans couldn't give a hoot.  I'd be shocked if the vote wasn't stacked in favor of Jersey artists/bands, and maybe even a fan-created song.

I wouldn't mind using Hells Bells, but I'd rather it be the intro.  That probably isn't happening for whatever reason though.  Maybe that's become too un-PC friendly too.

#968 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

horn - nitro - offspring - done

Posted Image

#969 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Don't know if it would be cost prohibitive but what about each player having their own goal song?

how the baseball players have their own songs when they go up to bat.. it makes it unique
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#970 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

I suggested the players goal song thing a while back.  I can see why Lou would be against that though.

#971 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

I suggested the players goal song thing a while back. I can see why Lou would be against that though.

You can pick Slowe's song. Feel free to pick RRP2.

#972 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-cB0rnH8b5c

#973 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Not bad at all.  But it leaves too much room to add "you suck" after the "heys" in the song.  Team likely won't go for it.

"Raise your hands" isn't bad, and is much better alternative than "this is our house."  But it doesn't change the objections (no matter how trivial) many people have to using Bon Jovi because (a) they hate him, (b) he's a Rangers fan, and © he supports Philly and is active in the community there.  Plus, the reference to NY in the chorus of the song isn't ideal for a Devils goal song.  

"Hells Bells" is great, but it is too slow for a goal song IMO.  Agree with others that want it back for the intro song.   

Posted Image

#974 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

I think this post over at HF is very telling about the situation and should be shared.

"I was literally just told by a Devils rep "off the record" that I have a better chance of seeing Bin Laden resurrect than seeing RRP2 come back. Then they proceeded to tell me that they 100% think its "fvcked up" that they're doing this, but the ownership themselves are very dead set on it. The reps at the meetings kept saying how it was a bad idea to change it and that they fear the crowds reaction at every home game. Business tactics and ethics aside, they miss Vanderbeek."

n2eg.jpg

#975 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

I think this post over at HF is very telling about the situation and should be shared.

"I was literally just told by a Devils rep "off the record" that I have a better chance of seeing Bin Laden resurrect than seeing RRP2 come back. Then they proceeded to tell me that they 100% think its "fvcked up" that they're doing this, but the ownership themselves are very dead set on it. The reps at the meetings kept saying how it was a bad idea to change it and that they fear the crowds reaction at every home game. Business tactics and ethics aside, they miss Vanderbeek."

They miss JVB because the new owners are putting them to work.

#976 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

JVB was laying people off left and right, the turnover was quick; they were totally understaffed. They should be careful what they wish for.

#977 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

That quote also prompted me to call my rep. He said that he looked at the results briefly and said that a NUMBER of fans are writing in Rock and Roll Part 2 and that it's an "overwhelming favorite". Said that he doesn't know if management will disregard the votes or not but because it's been so many fans requesting that song thinks they might not be able to...

n2eg.jpg

#978 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

Not surprising but nonetheless interesting, did he mention any others that were frontrunners? Or just R&R2?

Just R&R2. Didn't even mention another song. He also said that he believes if ownership wanted to eliminate something it should be the "whistle chant" and not the goal song. And more families have actually complained about that particular chant.

Edited by TheMazz, 17 October 2013 - 11:10 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#979 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Just R&R2. Didn't even mention another song. He also said that he believes if ownership wanted to eliminate something it should be the "whistle chant" and not the goal song. And more families have actually complained about that particular chant.

It's impossible to do.

#980 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

That quote also prompted me to call my rep. He said that he looked at the results briefly and said that a NUMBER of fans are writing in Rock and Roll Part 2 and that it's an "overwhelming favorite". Said that he doesn't know if management will disregard the votes or not but because it's been so many fans requesting that song thinks they might not be able to...

aka HFBoards posters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users