Photo

Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1569 replies to this topic

#1081 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

but the rags are getting beat 4-0.......they do suck

#1082 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hope they keep this one. Seems to work well. We have a bunch of other suck chants. People can keep doing those.
Posted Image

#1083 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

To all the "you suck" people: are you actually trying to ruin things for everyone else, or is there just some sort of impulse you can't control?

This is why we can't have nice things.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1084 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I still can't believe were having a discussion on the word "suck" lol, they say worse in shows that are on at prime time! sh!t, ass, bitch, dammit....the list goes on.

Give me a break already.

Sent from my Galaxy TAB using Tapatalk 2

#1085 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

I still can't believe were having a discussion on the word "suck" lol, they say worse in shows that are on at prime time! sh!t, ass, bitch, dammit....the list goes on.

Give me a break already.

That's not the point.

Can't we have a goal song that doesn't incite a chant that focuses on the other team an instead focuses on our team that just scored?

Too many children throwing a tantrum because they can't have their you suck chant.

#1086 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

That's not the point.

Can't we have a goal song that doesn't incite a chant that focuses on the other team an instead focuses on our team that just scored?

Too many children throwing a tantrum because they can't have their you suck chant.

I don't mind at all changing the song and not hearing the "you suck" chant...trust me, I've heard worse at games while having my 11 year old with me at games which irks me a lot more.

I refuse to even sit upstairs anymore with drunk, cursing, fighting idiots. I think THAT is a bigger issue.

Just my opinion.

#1087 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

For some reason I can't edit my post but I do agree...it's like watching temper tantrum.

#1088 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

The point of it is to taunt the other team and their fans. It's what they get for coming to our building. Leave the "sportsmanship" to the players. nothing says we fans need to be nicey-nice

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#1089 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,068 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Zzzzzzzzzz..maybe some of us enjoy taunting a rival team. Guess we should stop the "Henrik" chants too. Very immature of us indeed.

Seven Nation Army grew on me, although I hate to shatter the illusion a bit, but the audio track they used had chanting/voices in it. Still, crowd seemed to like it. Wouldn't mind if it stuck.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 19 October 2013 - 08:58 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1090 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

To all the "you suck" people: are you actually trying to ruin things for everyone else, or is there just some sort of impulse you can't control?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You sound like an elementary school teacher desperately trying to scold a bunch of 8 year olds. What are they going to do, get rid of the horn and song? "You suck" is the most innocent thing i say at any sporting event.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#1091 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

What goes on in the building shouldnt be determined by hyper-sensitive parents. Either leave your kids at home, or actually do your job as a parent and talk to your kids about whats going on. But God forbid, huh?

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#1092 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

Talked to my rep at the game..he said R&R pt 2 got the most votes, and that seven nation army came in second...very interesting. They cheated in their own contest...

#1093 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Talked to my rep at the game..he said R&R pt 2 got the most votes, and that seven nation army came in second...very interesting. They cheated in their own contest...

What do you mean? They aren't going to play R&R Pt 2.....

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#1094 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

What do you mean? They aren't going to play R&R Pt 2.....

They said the song with the most votes will be played at the next home game. There was nothing in the rules that said it couldn't be R&R Pt. 2...

#1095 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Alright so I think the argument itself has been beaten to death and beyond between "you suck"ers and "show some sportsmanship"ers. My question now is, what's the end game here? What we saw today is that even if they pick a different song, the you suck-ers will still find a way to say "you suck". So what, does management just keep changing the song every game to keep you suck-ers off their game? Do they establish a "no chanting" rule at The Rock and start kicking out fans for chanting at a sporting event? I really don't know, but it doesn't look like "you suck" is going to die easily. The whole thing is just getting more and more silly.

#1096 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

A YouTube that was posted on HF...yep, you can clearly hear the four letter word Devil management hates.

Either they'll have to give up the ghost or find a sing that's you suck-proof.  And I don't know if they can find one, since Devil fans are clearly set on chanting it.

Edited by NJDevs26, 19 October 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#1097 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Zzzzzzzzzz..maybe some of us enjoy taunting a rival team.

Except it's not just rival teams.

#1098 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Nice, I even heard a few 'you suck' chants after the 4th goal lol. What would you say the split is? 80/20, 90/10 Devils?

I'd say 75/25 Devils.  5,000 Rags fans seems about right.

They said the song with the most votes will be played at the next home game. There was nothing in the rules that said it couldn't be R&R Pt. 2...

Except they did.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1099 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

What are you talking about, you really think they are going to play the song they are trying to get rid of?

pzIug.gif

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#1100 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Here's my take on the You Suck chant from tonight.  I actually don't hate it as much as I did the You Suck with RR2.

The window to get in the You Suck chant with 7 Nation Army is a lot smaller than with RR2.  That means the timing has to be perfect.  To get 15,000+ fans to time it perfectly would be next to impossible.  People who don't like the chant can still sing along to the song.  With that, it means the singing will mask the You Suck chant a little. And with all of that in mind, the You Suck chant won't be as resounding on TV, nor would it be as audible as it was with RR2.  It's much tamer.

As for the YT above, the reason it was clearly audible was because the guy with the phone was chanting it.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users