Photo

Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1569 replies to this topic

#1121 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Again, can't see the hate toward that chant... sure is it a little silly chanting it when we're down by 3 and just finally scored one, yes, but when you're dominating, why not?

Unfortunately, due to the fact they can still fit "You Suck" in, I'll be surprised to see this one make it to becoming the final goal song. The butthurt owners are too much of a bunch of Political Correctness Nazis

Because families don't like it and it's the least creative chant possible? And a bunch of the rest of us don't like it either because of how dumb and uncreative it is. It's not about political correctness for me, it's about it being an embarrassingly bad chant that makes me wish I wasn't in the building

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1122 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

watching the replay of the game today, it sounded like they played Thunderstruck by ACDC after the 4th goal?

#1123 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well yeah but it was obvious they weren't going to use it even if it won the vote.  Do you really think they were going to just say, "Well it had the most votes, guess we'll have to keep it now!"  It was understood that no matter the outcome, Rock and Roll Part 2 was not going to win.  I'm bummed about losing our goal song, but to be bitter about them not going back to it after it receiving the most votes is kind of childish in my opinion.  Everyone knew it was going to have the most votes, it's the song we are all accustomed to and it's not like there is a short list of other songs to choose from, the other possibilities are literally any other song you could think of.  With votes being distributed among that many possible choices, clearly R&R Part 2 was going to win in a landslide.

Also I'm sure any songs that end up getting near the top in votes have to be something that the gameday operations or fan experience department are happy with.  This isn't a congressional vote, they are just gathering fan feedback to help them make their decision with a side benefit of collecting more email addresses to add to their contact list in the process.

No I wouldnt expect them to at all...but have some honesty with your fans and just tell them RnR2 is not part of the equation. Dont assume your fan base is on njdevs.com and is in the know about these things.

#1124 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

No I wouldnt expect them to at all...but have some honesty with your fans and just tell them RnR2 is not part of the equation. Dont assume your fan base is on njdevs.com and is in the know about these things.

They said they were having a contest to replace the old goal song because of the chants. That's pretty self explanatory.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1125 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

watching the replay of the game today, it sounded like they played Thunderstruck by ACDC after the 4th goal?

They played the first bell tone from Hells Bells after the 1st and 4th goals, if I recall correctly. I wouldn't mind that becoming a thing, to be honest. Just another unique thing the Devils could do to distinguish their goal celebration.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#1126 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

And of COURSE they're not going to go with R&R2, even if it's in first place after voting. The whole point was to change the song, I don't know why people thought they'd go back to it..there's no dishonestly on the owners' part, it's kinda common sense, no?

I voted under the assumption I was voting for the 2nd place song.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

#1127 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

How is it ok to do it for this new song but not the old one? A little hypocritical if you ask me. If the crowd does the chant to the new goal song, the I now expect management to change it to another song since they will not have accomplished what they sought to do...eradicate the chant.

I'm glad the crow found a way to protest the new goal song in a way other than booing. I hope this keeps up all season. Will be interesting to see how management handles it once they realize they can't control what this crowd chants during a game.

It's not ok.  I never said it was.  I absolutely was a hypocrite last night.  That said, I still don't like it.  But also, as I alluded to before, there's no way this is going to catch as much steam as it did with RR2.

You really shouldn't have said that. You basically just admitted that any and all opposition you had to the chant is utter bullsh!t and that you are an immense hypocrite.

And you could hear the chant on TV, it wasn't that hard to hear. 7 Nation Army blew as a goal song, it only sounded good because we were kicking the Rangers asses.

I'm glad you're a psychic.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1128 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

It's not ok.  I never said it was.  I absolutely was a hypocrite last night.  That said, I still don't like it.  But also, as I alluded to before, there's no way this is going to catch as much steam as it did with RR2.

How does this make me a psychic? You made a ton of posts arguing for the goal song change and blah blah blah, then you admit to taking part in the chant yesterday. First off, I'm commenting on the past, don't need special powers to do that. Secondly, I'm right.

#1129 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

How does this make me a psychic? You made a ton of posts arguing for the goal song change and blah blah blah, then you admit to taking part in the chant yesterday. First off, I'm commenting on the past, don't need special powers to do that. Secondly, I'm right.

I'm talking about what you said about the only reason people were singing the song only because it was the Rags.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1130 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm talking about what you said about the only reason people were singing the song only because it was the Rags.

They could have played anything at all and people would have been excited.

#1131 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

They played the first bell tone from Hells Bells after the 1st and 4th goals, if I recall correctly. I wouldn't mind that becoming a thing, to be honest. Just another unique thing the Devils could do to distinguish their goal celebration.

They play the bell sound after the goal announcement. Personally, I think it sounds completely out of place and it should be removed...

#1132 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

They play the bell sound after the goal announcement. Personally, I think it sounds completely out of place and it should be removed...

I like it.  Other teams do similar things.  Coyotes have their howling noise and the Panthers have their cat noise.  I think ringing hells bells is a nice touch to be honest.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1133 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

there's no way this is going to catch as much steam as it did with RR2.

LOL. Sorry but this is too funny. Pot...kettle.

oKCiNj.jpg

#1134 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

if they are gonna do the bell after the goal, they should have it correspond to the number of goals, 4 goals=4 dings

#1135 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

LOL. Sorry but this is too funny. Pot...kettle.

I know.  Probably has something to do with the fact I said the only reason the YS chant was hearable is because it was the Rags.  I'll own up to that as well.

if they are gonna do the bell after the goal, they should have it correspond to the number of goals, 4 goals=4 dings

That would be cool.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1136 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

For our entire existence the biggest knock against our club was the lack of fans, attendance, arena atmosphere, etc...The you suck chant was a chant that organically grew and brought the majority of fans screaming in unison to taunt the opposition. It wasn't noise encouraged by the Jumbotron or some marketing campaign, but rather thru a natural enjoyment from the fans to cheer their team. And you couldn't get a chant more Jersey. Taking this away to appease a few stuck up individuals is a reminder that the club isn't for the fans.

Yup. Yes sir.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#1137 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

Awful. Real original "tradition" theyre starting

This.

Seven Nation Army has been played to death.  You can hear it in the background of every college football and basketball game. Played. Lame.

#1138 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Yeah I thought that was good too. Imagine if the crowd counted along with the bells...

***ring*** "ONE!" ***ring*** "TWO!" ***ring*** "THREE!" ***ring*** "FOUR NOTHING!" (the whole arena)...

#1139 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Yeah I thought that was good too. Imagine if the crowd counted along with the bells...

***ring*** "ONE!" ***ring*** "TWO!" ***ring*** "THREE!" ***ring*** "FOUR NOTHING!" (the whole arena)...

Makes me think of Mike Miller on the radio. "And it's THREE.............NOTHING!!!............NEW JERSEY!!!!" I know that had nothing to do with what you were talking about, but it brought that to my mind and I felt the need to type it.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#1140 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Exactly.  I'd love that.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users