Photo

Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1569 replies to this topic

#1381 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

NO! WE CAN'T CHANGE THE SONG! I FEAR CHANGE! LIFE WILL NOT GO ON WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO YELL "HEY! YOU SUCK!" AFTER THE DEVILS SCORE A GOAL AT HOME!

MY WORLD IS SHATTERED!

For most sane people it's not about what you yell after the song, it's the fact that they want to go all "PC Police" on you for doing it. I really couldn't care less whether someone makes up a chant, and whether it has obscenities in it or not, just that if it does, and I choose to participate, I should not be considered a "bad fan", should not be a target for removal from the stands by security and should not fear about the status of my ticket "privileges" because of it. Uptight people at the games just need to take a chill pill and stop looking for things to complain about. Don't like something? Don't participate, but don't go making a federal case about it either. Just accept it as part of going to a game and deal with it.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#1382 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

For most sane people it's not about what you yell after the song, it's the fact that they want to go all "PC Police" on you for doing it. I really couldn't care less whether someone makes up a chant, and whether it has obscenities in it or not, just that if it does, and I choose to participate, I should not be considered a "bad fan", should not be a target for removal from the stands by security and should not fear about the status of my ticket "privileges" because of it. Uptight people at the games just need to take a chill pill and stop looking for things to complain about. Don't like something? Don't participate, but don't go making a federal case about it either. Just accept it as part of going to a game and deal with it.

And in the same breath, maybe all those resisting should "accept it as part of going to a game and deal with it" and also "take a chill pill and stop looking for things to complain about" since the song is never coming back.

The sheer fact so many people are afraid of change is just as pathetic as all those who are complaining tooth and nail about those who don't like hearing you suck and their reasoning.

This thread is going to last all season, surpass Koval-gate and zero progress will be made because half will be okay with a new song and others will freak out, complain about a change, and still boo every time we score a goal at home because the song changed.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#1383 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

And in the same breath, maybe all those resisting should "accept it as part of going to a game and deal with it" and also "take a chill pill and stop looking for things to complain about" since the song is never coming back.

The sheer fact so many people are afraid of change is just as pathetic as all those who are complaining tooth and nail about those who don't like hearing you suck and their reasoning.

This thread is going to last all season, surpass Koval-gate and zero progress will be made because half will be okay with a new song and others will freak out, complain about a change, and still boo every time we score a goal at home because the song changed.

It's a temper tantrum. That's all it is. 

#1384 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

How is this argument still going on? This surely doesn't warrant 70 pages
25smul5.png

#1385 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

So what you are saying is the people who added "you suck" to the chant after keeping the goal song the way it was intended to be for about two decades have no understanding of tradition...

I am bummed about losing our goal song and took part in the "you suck" chant, but "you suck" was not a tradition until recently.  Rock and Roll Part 2 was a long-standing tradition, and I hate to say it but the "you suck" chant is not a long-standing tradition and in retrospect, it marred what was perhaps the most tenured tradition of the franchise.

Right, the goal song is the tradition we're talking about. "You suck" was just an organic addition. There's just simply no reason to change it. If there was any legitimate basis, it wouldn't matter to me at all. People who cared about our oldest tradition are not the ones looking for something to complain about. The completely irrational people who are offended by the phrase "you suck", and think every environment needs to be bubble wrapped and policed so they don't have to explain adult language to their children are the ones who were looking for something to complain about.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#1386 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

Why don't they ban checking also? What about skates? There's certainly nothing more offensive than nasty cuts skates cause. Replace the puck with a tennis ball, too. Broken eye sockets are much harder to put into perspective for children than a little bit of mature language. And you better stop selling alcohol at the games. If we're going to clean up one part of the game day experience, we need to clean up everything.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#1387 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

How is this argument still going on? This surely doesn't warrant 70 pages

these people just talk in circles bro.. a bunch of whiners and the other half are a bunch of soft skinned people who just like to say the same thing over and over again.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1388 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Any clue what the song is tonight?

n2eg.jpg

#1389 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Any clue what the song is tonight?

I vote for "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#1390 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

I vote for "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story.

My family friendly vote goes for "So Happy Together" by The Turtles.

n2eg.jpg

#1391 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

The best song ever...duh - https://www.youtube....h?v=6PAzqBUNlCs

Devils.

#1392 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

So after tonights last song, we get to vote on the 3, or 4 if u include that bon jovi song?

#1393 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

So after tonights last song, we get to vote on the 3, or 4 if u include that bon jovi song?

I thought the idea was that management would pick the song that garnered the best response from the crowd. I assumed that was the case because then they have final decision over the song.

#1394 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

I thought the idea was that management would pick the song that garnered the best response from the crowd. I assumed that was the case because then they have final decision over the song.

As if they are going to let Seven Nation Army win.

n2eg.jpg

#1395 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

As if they are going to let Seven Nation Army win.

Well, I meant that management would pick the one THEY decided "garnered" the best response. Basically they are just gonna pick whichever of the 3 they thought was best. I think they'd let that song win though. No way people are gonna yell "you suck" all year over that. Not that it's my favorite or anything. Still want to see "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" as the goal song.

#1396 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

I voted " I love you, you love me" by Barney.   It's got a catchy beat and is easy to sing along to.  It's guarateed to stick in you mind for the next 10 days on constant repeat.  Plus, the kids love it!

Posted Image

#1397 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

How about this old favorite....it's getting cold outside, the holidays are just around the corner

Edited by The 29th Pick, 29 October 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#1398 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

How about this old favorite....it's getting cold outside, the holidays are just around the corner

Not cool resurrecting this p.o.s.  Not cool at all.

#1399 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Not cool resurrecting this p.o.s.  Not cool at all.

where's your holiday spirit !

#1400 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

[/size][/font][/background])][font=arial][size=1]

Noooooooooooo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users