Photo

Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1569 replies to this topic

#1421 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

watching the games and hearing the crowds, also reading forums etc ..it has to be SNA....has to be

#1422 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

watching the games and hearing the crowds, also reading forums etc ..it has to be SNA....has to be

If it's not people can stop pretending this contest isn't rigged.  SNA's going to get 95% of the vote because the other songs were just so god-awful.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1423 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

lets put this thing to rest already

#1424 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

How about this old favorite....it's getting cold outside, the holidays are just around the corner

haha

Posted Image

#1425 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

I know for a fact some people were suggesting The Whip.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1426 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

The one tonight (Lightning game) was the worst because it actually reminded me a bit of the Ranger's song. 

Posted Image

#1427 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

I know for a fact some people were suggesting The Whip.

Well those people definitely weren't in my section tonight, I'll tell you that much. Quite a few boos, even more so after goal two. The reaction seemed to go like this: jump up and cheer loudly, yell awkwardly timed you sucks during the song (no much ooh-ing with the song that I heard), wait for song to end, boo, immediately start a Let's Go Devils chant. Seven Nation Army was by far the best and most well received by far.

Edited by PWW, 29 October 2013 - 10:31 PM.

believe-devs.jpg

#1428 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Well those people definitely weren't in my section tonight, I'll tell you that much. Quite a few boos, even more so after goal two. The reaction seemed to go like this: jump up and cheer loudly, yell awkwardly timed you sucks during the song (no much ooh-ing with the song that I heard), wait for song to end, boo, immediately start a Let's Go Devils chant. Seven Nation Army was by far the best and most well received by far.

The boos must have been very faint because you couldn't hear it on tv. And NBC doesn't turn down crowd noise like MSG does. I personally hope it's SNA too. It was awesome hearing 16,000 people sing it.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1429 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Well so much for the "fan support" that Fall Out Boy, Gaslight Anthem and My Chemical Romance were supposed to get...

n2eg.jpg

#1430 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Well so much for the "fan support" that Fall Out Boy, Gaslight Anthem and My Chemical Romance were supposed to get...

I would have loved MCR or FOB. But if anything I think it proves the HF and NJDevs communities are very tiny portions of the fan base.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1431 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

I would have loved MCR or FOB. But if anything I think it proves the HF and NJDevs communities are very tiny portions of the fan base.

I really doubt more then 50% of Devils fans voted for Rightous Smoke. Not only is it a band that is not really that well known but that's a pretty over used goal song as well. I just don't see it. It would shock me that if the majority of our fans voted such an obscure song only to boo it during the game. Same goes with Whip (although that was a tad more tolerable)

It's all fishy to me.

Edited by TheMazz, 29 October 2013 - 10:54 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#1432 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

the song tonight... whatever it was something whip or some sh!t was by far the worst of the three just didnt fit .. no one in the crowd seemed to like it much and they were booing the hell out of it.. all 3 song choices that have been used so far this year just suck
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1433 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

the song tonight... whatever it was something whip or some sh!t was by far the worst of the three just didnt fit .. no one in the crowd seemed to like it much and they were booing the hell out of it.. all 3 song choices that have been used so far this year just suck

I heard people in my section try and put YOU SUCK to it. I think that song played at a normal sound level would be quite easy to do so but they played it at such an obnoxious level. Making it pretty impossible. (Which I'm sure was their plan)

If I were to rank each goal song choice from best to epic fvcking lulz.

- Seven Nation Army

- The Whip

-Righteous Smoke

-Bon Jovi

Edited by TheMazz, 29 October 2013 - 10:57 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#1434 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

I heard people in my section try and put YOU SUCK to it. I think that song played at a normal sound level would be quite easy to do so but they played it at such an obnoxious level. Making it pretty impossible. (Which I'm sure was their plan)

If I were to rank each goal song choice from best to epic fvcking lulz.

- Seven Nation Army

- The Whip

-Righteous Smoke
-Bon Jovi

yea man like i said i dont like any of them... at all i just feel like theres such better options for a goal song out there .. i honestly dont know how these are the three songs that got the most votes.. but if it has to be one of these three garbage choices i would pick the seven nation army song also
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1435 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

yea man like i said i dont like any of them... at all i just feel like theres such better options for a goal song out there .. i honestly dont know how these are the three songs that got the most votes.. but if it has to be one of these three garbage choices i would pick the seven nation army song also

I didn't think SNA was a garbage choice. It's not RRP2 but the crowd for the most part seemed to actually like it.

n2eg.jpg

#1436 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

And Howl on Twitter too.  None of the social media picks wound up winning.  If the fans picked them then they weren't the fans who go to games cause three of the four were pretty much booed out of the building.  

I really doubt more then 50% of Devils fans voted for Rightous Smoke. Not only is it a band that is not really that well known but that's a pretty over used goal song as well. I just don't see it. It would shock me that if the majority of our fans voted such an obscure song only to boo it during the game. Same goes with Whip (although that was a tad more tolerable)

It's all fishy to me.

Well whatever the vote was was a tiny portion since a good chunk of the votes went to RR2.  But it is fishy when the fans supposedly pick the songs then boo their own picks.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1437 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

And Howl on Twitter too.  None of the social media picks wound up winning.  If the fans picked them then they weren't the fans who go to games cause three of the four were pretty much booed out of the building.  

The Whip got a better reciption then Bon Jovi or Righteous Smoke but you could certainly tell fans weren't digging it. If this vote was truly not rigged they would have selections that weren't massively booed each time. You can tell what management is up to. They are/were picking safe, family friendly selections that catered to the PC crowd. The choices presented to us were picked in advance and the vote thing was just to make us feel good. If the vote really mattered one of the social media picks would have won because that was going off of fan feedback...which was the whole point of this.

They selected overused goal songs (and that includes SNA...which I liked) and a cheesy Bon Jovi song to go with the "We Are Jersey" theme. And everyone here actually believes FANS chosed these selections?

Bahaha.

n2eg.jpg

#1438 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

By the way, minor gripe, but did anyone else there tonight notice that they're not playing Song 2 after wins now? It's been the victory song for literally as long as I can remember. I just don't get the change for the sake of change.

believe-devs.jpg

#1439 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

A lot of the songs fans submitted probably couldn't have been used. Also, it doesn't surprise me at all that common goal songs would have been chosen by fans. I know at least one person who submitted The Whip. I also saw Righteous Smoke being mentioned on HF. Remember, we're talking about all songs in the entire music industry. It's not like fans were given a pre made list.

By the way, minor gripe, but did anyone else there tonight notice that they're not playing Song 2 after wins now? It's been the victory song for literally as long as I can remember. I just don't get the change for the sake of change.

Yea I'm aware. Glory Days is a nice song, but it's a song about baseball. Meh to me. Hells Bells and Yanni were also taken away from us.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1440 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

A lot of the songs fans submitted probably couldn't have been used. Also, it doesn't surprise me at all that common goal songs would have been chosen by fans. I know at least one person who submitted The Whip. I also saw Righteous Smoke being mentioned on HF. Remember, we're talking about all songs in the entire music industry. It's not like fans were given a pre made list.

Yea I'm aware. Glory Days is a nice song, but it's a song about baseball. Meh to me. Hells Bells and Yanni were also taken away from us.

I view those threads pretty often. Never saw it mentioned. If it was that was ONE fan. Fall Out Boy, MCR and Gaslight certainly got more traction on both forums then that and what was played tonight.

n2eg.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users