Photo

Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1569 replies to this topic

#1501 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Do some research on it before you post....this isnt Fox news, there are Tribes and right wingers leading the charge to change the name.

The only reason the Redskins thing is a big deal now is because there are liberal-minded people who feel they have to fight for something, and if there isn't currently a cause to fight for, make one up. I'm sure there was a problem waaay back when the team originally took the name, but obviously all this time it was never a big issue, even the Indian tribes said it was fine they knew it wasn't meant to be racist (so  what they do have red skin! what's so racist about pointing out the obvious!?)

Edited by The 29th Pick, 31 October 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#1502 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

The only reason the Redskins thing is a big deal now is because there are liberal-minded people who feel they have to fight for something, and if there isn't currently a cause to fight for, make one up.

Aaaaanywaay... these days some liberal jagoff decided to make a big stink about this and get people all riled up about something that is minor at best.

Looks like you're looking for a cause to fight for. You're missing out on a lot of facts. I wouldn't consider the Oneida Nation (Native Americans) a bunch of liberal jagoffs... They're the ones leading charge. Where do you get your news?

Edited by DJ Eco, 31 October 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#1503 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Looks like you're looking for a cause to fight for. You're missing out on a lot of facts. I wouldn't consider the Oneida Nation (Native Americans) a bunch of liberal jagoffs... They're the ones leading charge. Where do you get your news?

I agree with you DJ

But we cant even agree on a goal song or chant as Devil fans....that Redskin thing is a whole different thing and really shouldnt be in this thread

#1504 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Do some research on it before you post....this isnt Fox news, there are Tribes and right wingers leading the charge to change the name.

not that i know too much about whats going on with that but its ridiculous that they all of a sudden now are making a problem about the name of the team if i was a fan of that team i would be pissed after spending money on team things jerseys etc. and now all of a sudden they end up changing the name because a few people are deciding to make waves about it.. thats not right. But anyway i highly doubt the name will be changed anyways
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1505 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

A friend posted this on facebook.  I don't disagree with any of it.

http://speakingofthedevils.com/?p=5140

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1506 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

for the most of it that i read that guy has it spot on.. 100%. they think theyre pulling the sheet over fans eyes trying to make fans believe that those choices that they gave everyone were actually the most voted options that fans wanted to hear... its all horse sh!t in the end theyre just doing whatever the hell it is that they want to.. which isnt the right way to go about it people are not stupid and clearly everyone realizes whats going on with the situation.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1507 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Well written and my sentiments exactly.  However, I am unsure about if the song selection was rigged because with fan forums and technology, online balloting can be really problematic to determine a clean winner.  Just think of all the hanging chads...

#1508 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

I still don't buy any conspiracy. After such a bad reaction, I am sure whoever was in charge wanted the Devils fans to have their say, but 80% of the votes were prob wasted on voting for the very song they took away in the first place. There had to be some really interesting and unique choices, but maybe there was 1000 single votes for all these songs.

There is no way Seven Nation Army wasn't in the top 3. It's a song that has probably run its course in the sports landscape, but whenever it is played at sporting events, it always sounds awesome. As for the other two songs,maybe they garnered 25-30 votes each and that was enough.  

Edited by devilsrule33, 31 October 2013 - 05:11 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1509 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

im actually surprised that my songs know what you did in the dark by fall out boy didnt end up being a chocie.. i thought it wouldve made a pretty good goal song
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#1510 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

for the most of it that i read that guy has it spot on.. 100%. they think theyre pulling the sheet over fans eyes trying to make fans believe that those choices that they gave everyone were actually the most voted options that fans wanted to hear... its all horse sh!t in the end theyre just doing whatever the hell it is that they want to.. which isnt the right way to go about it people are not stupid and clearly everyone realizes whats going on with the situation.

It's actually a girl who wrote that.  Jaime Grater, she's one of the generals.  She also posts on HF.  

I'm not 100% convinced they completely ignored the fans, but I also don't think they really listened to us either.  But the meat of that letter I agree with.  They should have done a better job of communicating with the fans on this.  Now this has turned into a huge mess.

I for one would 100% be all for bringing back RR2 if fans would stop chanting You Suck.  Granted, I never let the chant ruin my experience at the Rock.  So I guess you can say I'd be in favor of bringing the song back even with the chant.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1511 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

It's actually a girl who wrote that.  Jaime Grater, she's one of the generals.  She also posts on HF.  

I'm not 100% convinced they completely ignored the fans, but I also don't think they really listened to us either.  But the meat of that letter I agree with.  They should have done a better job of communicating with the fans on this.  Now this has turned into a huge mess.

I for one would 100% be all for bringing back RR2 if fans would stop chanting You Suck.  Granted, I never let the chant ruin my experience at the Rock.  So I guess you can say I'd be in favor of bringing the song back even with the chant.

you can just about bet your ass that the chant will go on if the SNA song is indeed the winner.. people almost had it down and figured out after the first time they heard it
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#1512 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Well written and my sentiments exactly.  However, I am unsure about if the song selection was rigged because with fan forums and technology, online balloting can be really problematic to determine a clean winner.  Just think of all the hanging chads...

Yea I'm not 100% sure either way if they rigged the vote or if the fans really did have a 100% say.

I still don't buy any conspiracy. After such a bad reaction, I am sure whoever was in charge wanted the Devils fans to have their say, but 80% of the votes were prob wasted on voting for the very song they took away in the first place. There had to be some really interesting and unique choices, but maybe there was 1000 single votes for all these songs.

There is no way Seven Nation Army wasn't in the top 3. It's a song that has probably run its course in the sports landscape, but whenever it is played at sporting events, it always sounds awesome. As for the other two songs,maybe they garnered 25-30 votes each and that was enough.  

I agree with this as well.  I'm not convinced in the conspiracy either.  But I'm also not 100% sure if they truly took the fans' submissions seriously.  They didn't exactly narrow down the choices from the beginning.  They let us choose from basically the entire music industry library.  So yea 30 votes for a song would be enough.  But also if that's the case, just by going off of what HF and NJDevs have suggested, Fall Out Boy for example had to have easily that many submissions.  Just taking a wild guess here, but there's maybe 25 people on here who post on a regular basis, and there's significantly more on HF who post regularly on the Devils Board.  So while I don't believe 100% in the conspiracy, I also don't disbelieve it 100% either.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1513 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I really think they used the list as "suggestions" rather than "the one with the most votes (Rock & Roll Part II excluded) definitely gets played." While I don't know about a total conspiracy, there is no way in hell you can tell me that that Monster Truck song was the top voted song during the period between the Ranger and Canucks games, when the vast majority of people I've seen had never even heard of the song or band before. I'm a hardcore music fan, and even stuff I don't like I'm at least aware of the existence of. I had never heard of the song or band before the Canucks game.

I think most likely they had their three choices (or at least general ideas), and it was going to take a groundswell of support for one or two songs to really change that, which didn't materialize the way we on NJDevs and Reddit and wherever else really thought it would.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#1514 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

you can just about bet your ass that the chant will go on if the SNA song is indeed the winner.. people almost had it down and figured out after the first time they heard it

This. The only thing is, they play the song so loud now, it makes your ears bleed and prevents it from resonating throughout the arena the way RRPart2 did.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 31 October 2013 - 07:44 PM.

Posted Image

#1515 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

This. The only thing is, they play the song so loud now, it makes your ears bleed and prevents it from resonating throughout the arena the way RRPart2 did.

IMO the rock has always played the songs way too loud, especially compared to when they were at CAA. Many times you can hear the distortion and have to take a few seconds just to recognize a song I hear all the time.

#1516 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

IMO the rock has always played the songs way too loud, especially compared to when they were at CAA. Many times you can hear the distortion and have to take a few seconds just to recognize a song I hear all the time.

It's horrible.  You can't even have a conversation during stoppages of play.  Probably my biggest complaint about the arena.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1517 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

It's horrible.  You can't even have a conversation during stoppages of play.  Probably my biggest complaint about the arena.

really? im going to take note on saturday.. i dont really recall them playing songs at that loud of a volume
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#1518 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

(this is not directed to anyone particular on here)

Jesus lord...this thing has been way overblown by the fanbase. 76 pages for a goal song...really? All I care about is the team, the only reason I go to the Rock is to see my team play and that is the only reason why I could deal with the idiocy of our fanbase. Between the obsession with the Rangers, constantly yelling SHOOT, booing the goal song AFTER WE SCORED, chanting Marty when he doesnt even make a save on the play, chanting Swallow and Crosby's watching, the STUPID hockey knowledge of our fanbase, a few morons in the diablos sections, and the constant bitching and monaing about every little thing, this fanbase is something else. Focus on the team for gods sakes. I hate what our fanbase has become, but I am proud to be a season ticket holder becuase I LOVE THIS TEAM, and that is all that should be focused on. I couldnt care less if they blast Britney Spears when they score, cheer for the team, dont boo, or incorporate you suck into everything, its so obsessive.

/rant

Edited by Zubie#8, 31 October 2013 - 10:36 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1519 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

(this is not directed to anyone particular on here)

Jesus lord...this thing has been way overblown by the fanbase. 76 pages for a goal song...really? All I care about is the team, the only reason I go to the Rock is to see my team play and that is the only reason why I could deal with the idiocy of our fanbase. Between the obsession with the Rangers, constantly yelling SHOOT, booing the goal song AFTER WE SCORED, chanting Marty when he doesnt even make a save on the play, chanting Swallow and Crosby's watching, the STUPID hockey knowledge of our fanbase, a few morons in the diablos sections, and the constant bitching and monaing about every little thing, this fanbase is something else. Focus on the team for gods sakes. I hate what our fanbase has become, but I am proud to be a season ticket holder becuase I LOVE THIS TEAM, and that is all that should be focused on. I couldnt care less if they blast Britney Spears when they score, cheer for the team, dont boo, or incorporate you suck into everything, its so obsessive.

/rant

The things I bolded are not Devils only characteristics.  Every fanbase does something to those extents.  Every team has idiot fans, and trust me when I say the SHOOT thing is far from being only a Devils thing.  Regarding the MARTY chant,several teams have one for their goalie.  A lot of the time, it's hard to tell if the goalie made the save or if the puck hit the post or whatnot.  Watch Canucks games.  The puck can go clearly wide and Nucks fans will do the LUUUUU chant.

I agree I don't like the YOU SUCK chant, and the whistle chant.  I don't like the booing after we score just because some people don't like the song being played afterwards.

But I also don't like the way you completely trashed the fanbase either.  We have a very hockey knowledgeable fanbase.  Most of our fans didn't become fans simply because it was the cool thing to do.  A lot of us didn't or don't have hockey buddies to talk to like we do football or baseball buddies.  So we had to gain all of our hockey knowledge on our own.  Another thing you could have mentioned is the fact we don't fill our own arena every game.  Considering it's a brand new arena, and is one of the nicest arenas in the sport, and this team has plenty of history, we probably should be selling out more often.  But we're also not the only team with attendance issues.

Even with some of the negatives things that comes with our fanbase, this is a very good fanbase to interact with.  I personally enjoy being around our fans a lot.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1520 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

But I also don't like the way you completely trashed the fanbase either.  We have a very hockey knowledgeable fanbase. 

Hey just my two cents, last few years there has been a steady trend of idiocy increasing in the stands.

EDIT: Of course there are tons of knowledable fans and season ticket holders, didnt mean to throw the entire fanbase under the bus, but it has been getting worse and worse every year. Some of these people do not even respect the sport.

Edited by Zubie#8, 31 October 2013 - 11:17 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users