Photo

Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1569 replies to this topic

#141 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Putting aside the "Hey, you suck" debate for a sec, I was curious as to what other teams do for their goal songs.

I know the Blackhawks goal song is obviously pretty popular with a lot of hockey fans. And as much as we might not want to admit it, the Rangers goal song gets high marks from a lot of fans from out of our division.

One good example of the wide variety of goal songs that are out there can be found when you compare the Flyers goal song from a few years ago...

...to what they have now.

That was a crazy switch, but both songs work in their own way, as opposed to "Zombie Nation," which was as boring as it gets.

Edited by 95Crash, 24 September 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#142 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

I vote for the song "Stardust" from the Commodore 64 game Lazy Jones;)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YsorGbKwNlA

#143 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

I don't care if people think we're stealing it from the Blackhawks ... I'd love to hear Chelsea Dagger after goals.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#144 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

Putting aside the "Hey, you suck" debate for a sec, I was curious as to what other teams do for their goal songs.

I know the Blackhawks goal song is obviously pretty popular with a lot of hockey fans. And as much as we might not want to admit it, the Rangers goal song gets high marks from a lot of fans from out of our division.

One good example of the wide variety of goal songs that are out there can be found when you compare the Flyers goal song from a few years ago...

I cannot stand the Blackhawks song. I despise it. I loathe it.  It's nails on a chalkboard.  It sounds like a god damned circus song.  It's awful.  The thought of that song has such an adverse effect on me that I can barely put together a coherent thought. HATE.

Oh, and whoever decided to stop playing Seek and Destroy when the Devils hit the ice should be fired immediately.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 24 September 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#145 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

I cannot stand the Blackhawks song. I despise it. I loathe it.  It's nails on a chalkboard.  It sounds like a god damned circus song.  It's awful.  The thought of that song has such an adverse effect on me that I can barely put together a coherent thought. HATE.

Oh, and whoever decided to stop playing Seek and Destroy when the Devils hit the ice should be fired immediately.

Who did that?  I heard it on Thursday night.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#146 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Who did that?  I heard it on Thursday night.

Last year I did not hear Seek and Destroy prior to the games.  Maybe it was just the games I was at but it was an unpleasant surprise.

#147 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

I hated that Flyers one at first, but there's something catchy about it.  It's pretty cool when all of xfinity live starts chanting it.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#148 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

I hated that Flyers one at first, but there's something catchy about it.  It's pretty cool when all of xfinity live starts chanting it.

The first Flyers horn song was Bro Hymn by Pennywise.

#149 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Last year I did not hear Seek and Destroy prior to the games.  Maybe it was just the games I was at but it was an unpleasant surprise.

Yeah, last year they used "The Grudge" by Tool. They've gone by to Seek and Destroy so far this preseason.

Also, as much as I hate to say it, I LOVE the Flyers newer goal song even if they did steal it from the Philadelphia Union.

believe-devs.jpg

#150 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

IMO the Flyers goal song sucks.  But it is appropriate for them since those neanderthals can't string together more than 3 syllables. 

Posted Image

#151 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

I don't care if people think we're stealing it from the Blackhawks ... I'd love to hear Chelsea Dagger after goals.

I have to agree with GSP here. That song is like daggers to my ear holes. You can't chant the duh duh duh part without sounding like a moron and it certainly doesn't sound good with thousands of people trying to sing that part.

Only suggestion I've liked so far is the "Hey! Hey! Hey! section of 'Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love'. Even with that one being my favorite out of the suggestions, I'd still way rather just keep our goal song as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The "You suck" thing has gotten old though, very old. Especially when we're getting blown out and people are chanting it.....

#152 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Wow. You may be the only person I've ever heard of hating Chelsea Dagger as a goal song. I've always thought it looks like everyone is having a blast when they play it.

As for the Flyers, I loved when they used So Happy by Sideshow Bob... the only ska goal song to date in the NHL to my knowledge.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#153 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Wow. You may be the only person I've ever heard of hating Chelsea Dagger as a goal song. I've always thought it looks like everyone is having a blast when they play it.

As for the Flyers, I loved when they used So Happy by Sideshow Bob... the only ska goal song to date in the NHL to my knowledge.

I find it pretty annoying too actually. 

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#154 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Out of personal curiosity, I looked to see what other teams used last season. This should be right for the most part....

Anaheim : Pennywise - "Bro Hymn"

Boston : Zombie Nation - "Kernkraft 400"

Buffalo: Black Keys - "Lonely Boy"

Calgary : Duck Sauce - "Barbra Streisand"

Carolina : Blur - "Song #2"

Chicago : Fratellis - "Chelsea Dagger"

Colorado : "Rock n Roll Part 2"

Columbus : AC/DC - "For Those About To Rock" into Locksley - "The Whip"

Dallas : Locksley - "The Whip"

Detroit : "Hey Hey Hockey Town"

Edmonton : Pitbull - "Don't Stop The Party"

Florida - "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Los Angeles : "I Love LA" followed by some Ranger song rip off

Minnesota : "Crowd Chant"

Montreal : Custom Goal Song

Nashville : "I Like It I Love It", "Rock and Roll Part 2"

New Jersey : "Rock and Roll Part 2"

New York Islanders : "Crowd Chant"

New York Rangers : Custom Goal Song

Ottawa : Blur - "Song #2"

Philadelphia - "Doop"

Phoenix : Black Keys - "Howling for You"

Pittsburgh : "Rock and Roll Part 2"

St Louis : Organ version of "When the Saints Go Marching In"

San Jose : Organ version of "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Tampa : XL - "Fluxland"

Toronto : Locksley - "The Whip"  (and they used the Harlem Shake last year for a bit... yikes)

Vancouver : Black Keys - "Gold on the Ceiling" (now)  Clutch - "Electric Worry" (2012-13)

Washington : Iron Maiden - "Wicker Man"

Winnipeg : Rev Theory - "Hell Yeah"

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#155 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Crowd Chant is pretty great.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#156 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Can't speak for the rest, but Ottawa uses Song 2 for the playoffs. Last year they had some Usher remix. and the year before a Seven Nation Army remix.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#157 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

I was surprised to see 3 different Black Keys songs. They're cornering the market.

I was also very happy to see that no one used that terrible Nickelback song that was on a ton of NHL commercials a year or so ago. If the devils use that, I will be selling lots of games haha

Can't speak for the rest, but Ottawa uses Song 2 for the playoffs. Last year they had some Usher remix. and the year before a Seven Nation Army remix.

You know, I should have known that wasn't right. I uploaded a bunch of them to my Xbox to put into NHL 13 last year and I remember the Ottawa one.

#158 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Anyone think Panama could work, if you cued it from the beginning of the chorus? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#159 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

i could go for the "hey hey hey!" from Van Halen's Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love.

That used to be the Flyers' old goal song like in 2000.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#160 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

I hate Chelsea Dagger too and until now I was under the impression that most agreed with me.  Every time I hear it, it reminds me of that Amstel Light commercial.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users