Photo

Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1569 replies to this topic

#161 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

Out of personal curiosity, I looked to see what other teams used last season. This should be right for the most part....

Anaheim : Pennywise - "Bro Hymn"

Boston : Zombie Nation - "Kernkraft 400"

Buffalo: Black Keys - "Lonely Boy"

Calgary : Duck Sauce - "Barbra Streisand"

Carolina : Blur - "Song #2"

Chicago : Fratellis - "Chelsea Dagger"

Colorado : "Rock n Roll Part 2"

Columbus : AC/DC - "For Those About To Rock" into Locksley - "The Whip"

Dallas : Locksley - "The Whip"

Detroit : "Hey Hey Hockey Town"

Edmonton : Pitbull - "Don't Stop The Party"

Florida - "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Los Angeles : "I Love LA" followed by some Ranger song rip off

Minnesota : "Crowd Chant"

Montreal : Custom Goal Song

Nashville : "I Like It I Love It", "Rock and Roll Part 2"

New Jersey : "Rock and Roll Part 2"

New York Islanders : "Crowd Chant"

New York Rangers : Custom Goal Song

Ottawa : Blur - "Song #2"

Philadelphia - "Doop"

Phoenix : Black Keys - "Howling for You"

Pittsburgh : "Rock and Roll Part 2"

St Louis : Organ version of "When the Saints Go Marching In"

San Jose : Organ version of "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Tampa : XL - "Fluxland"

Toronto : Locksley - "The Whip"  (and they used the Harlem Shake last year for a bit... yikes)

Vancouver : Black Keys - "Gold on the Ceiling" (now)  Clutch - "Electric Worry" (2012-13)

Washington : Iron Maiden - "Wicker Man"

Winnipeg : Rev Theory - "Hell Yeah"

Nice list! Thanks for compiling and sharing.

Saw Locksley's "The Whip" a couple times and decided to YouTube it. Maybe I just think all music today sounds the same, but it sounds almost exactly like "Chelsea Dagger" to me. Interchangeable, IMO.

Nice to see "Electric Worry" getting used. Clutch friggin rules.

And, again, maybe it's because I'm out of touch with new music, but does the Flyers song make anyone else think of this?

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#162 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

Well, at the very least, the list shows that life would go on if R&R Part 2 is indeed sacked (interesting that five teams did use it in one form or another though)...IF the Devils pick a solid replacement (read:  NOT Zombie Nation or Ole).  I would definitely miss R&R Part 2 (it's always just FELT so right), same way I still miss the old goal horn. 

I guess the Islanders aren't using R&R Part 1 anymore? 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#163 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Well, at the very least, the list shows that life would go on if R&R Part 2 is indeed sacked (interesting that five teams did use it in one form or another though)...IF the Devils pick a solid replacement (read: NOT Zombie Nation or Ole). I would definitely miss R&R Part 2 (it's always just FELT so right), same way I still miss the old goal horn.

I guess the Islanders aren't using R&R Part 1 anymore?

No, they dropped it a couple of years ago coincidentally because of the you suck chants.

They had a real bad rip off of the Ranger goal song for a year before going to Crowd Chant

Here was the custom one. The fans just added you suck to it anyway.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 25 September 2013 - 08:59 AM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#164 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

That used to be the Flyers' old goal song like in 2000.

Sabres used it as their 3rd or 4th-plus goal song when they won the President's Trophy

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#165 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Devils new goal song. Book it. Look at those lyrics, it's as tame as it gets. No need to worry about "You sucks" here.

believe-devs.jpg

#166 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

hahahaha Zubrus might like that song..

#167 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

What about the last bit of "Beer" by Reel Big Fish? (skip to about 2:45)

Or we could always revive an old classic like Brass Bonanza.

Posted Image

#168 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Zubrus scores!!! And Mouse goes squeak!!!

#169 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Why not the intro riff for this song on a loop? It has a bouncy sound to it and it has a slide for the "hey!"

https://www.youtube....h?v=IvwHKmEZHAw

I still don't know how to do this. But it's Rammstein - Keine Lust

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18, 25 September 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Devils.

#170 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Devils new goal song. Book it. Look at those lyrics, it's as tame as it gets. No need to worry about "You sucks" here.

Not sure if this is a song or a strange recollection of that one really weird thing you thought of for 30 seconds on your last mushroom trip. lol.

Why not the intro riff for this song on a loop? It has a bouncy sound to it and it has a slide for the "hey!"

You just copy and paste the URL straight into the reply box and it should appear. Are you trying to put it into the reply with the link button?

Edited by ATLL765, 25 September 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#171 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

I like where your head's at. If they could get a band to reinterpret that little riff, it's pretty cool, catchy, and dark/sinister at the same time. Very simple, but could do the trick.

#172 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

I don't know how to internet :( linking won't work for me

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18, 25 September 2013 - 01:18 PM.

Devils.

#173 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

It makes  me sad to see all these fun, different ideas and suggestions, and to know that we will most likely just get Zombie Nation. :yucky:

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#174 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Didn't they do a poll a few years ago regarding the goal song?  It'd be pretty cool if they did it again this time around and actually took suggestions into consideration.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#175 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

And seeing Electric Worry made me think of this little feller ...

(can either start at 2:04 or 2:17)

Posted Image

#176 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

I saw this suggestion here a while ago and I still sort of like it. Start around 1:14?

http://www.youtube.c...gVpq_XXRmU#t=74

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#177 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

It makes  me sad to see all these fun, different ideas and suggestions, and to know that we will most likely just get Zombie Nation. :yucky:

That's where I am.  I just don't have much faith that the Devils aren't going to try to think outside the box on this.  It would be great if the Devils pulled a Rockies and found the next "R&R Part 2" ahead of everyone else.  I REALLY hope, if the Devils open it up to the fans, they really listen...impossible to make everyone happy (even without the "you suck", there's Devils fans who were growing tired of R&R Part 2 anyway), but Zombie Nation isn't going to get it done.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 September 2013 - 02:14 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#178 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

That's where I am.  I just don't have much faith that the Devils aren't going to try to think outside the box on this.  It would be great if the Devils pulled a Rockies and found the next "R&R Part 2" ahead of everyone else.  I REALLY hope, if the Devils open it up to the fans, they really listen...impossible to make everyone happy (even without the "you suck", there's Devils fans who were growing tired of R&R Part 2 anyway), but Zombie Nation isn't going to get it done.

They have 10 days, so I'm sure if it's changing they already picked the replacement.

#179 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Misfits - Devils Whorehouse 

Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#180 Z-Man

Z-Man

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'd be fine with Seven Nation Army.  Yeah a lot of colleges do it, but at least it's still pretty cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users