70 replies to this topic

#61 jonnyd91

jonnyd91

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Schneider looks really good. My only observation is he doesn't hold a candle to Marty playing the puck behind the net. He actually looked a bit awkward out there sometimes.

#62 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Who sent that pass to voracek, it was perfect

If I'm thinking of the same pass, Lecavalier. Not sure if it's the same one, but I remember seeing a nice pass to him from Lecavalier.

#63 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Schneider is still a boss. I liked seeing everyone starting to try and mesh together. There wasn't a ton of chemistry but you can tell they're getting there.

Sislo's goal was a beauty- something I could maybe see coming from Brunner ;).

A LOT of defensive lapses though, I feel like Philly had some good opportunities.

I loved being surrounded by the flyer fans there. The Philly goal at the end was just enough to give them a glimmer of hope before we took it all away.

Just a preseason game but still fvck the flyers. Nice seeing some new faces out there too- clearly we have a lot of depth

Edited by Onddeck, 25 September 2013 - 12:19 AM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#64 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

Josefson's battling and boardwork to keep the play alive before he fed Pelley (who passed to Sislo) was very nice to see. He looks a lot stronger.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#65 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

all players`s boardwork was nice to see. Again Devils look like a team and work like a team and not rely for one player in all situations. But something like zi-zi-pop line will be not unnecessary. in ideal in progression of some one

Edited by Guadana, 25 September 2013 - 02:07 AM.

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#66 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

I mentioned a shut out but im pretty sure a goal got scored because someone felt the need to take a penalty and it was 6 on 4...

I feel like the devils rarely score on a 2 man advantage and other teams always score on us with a two man advantage....I don't have the stats to back that up, and it might not be true, but it sure feels like it...

Posted Image

#67 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

I feel like the devils rarely score on a 2 man advantage and other teams always score on us with a two man advantage....I don't have the stats to back that up, and it might not be true, but it sure feels like it...

I remember the Devils being quite good on 5-on-3s last season, as far as scoring went...can't find the numbers though.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#68 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

Cant wait to see the full lineup, we won that game, schneider was solid but its really not like we dominated them or anything. We got lucky with posts and stuff a lot. But it's pre-season let's take it and be happy.

I was SO bummed when they scored at the end lol more pissed that schneider was losing his shutout than anything lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#69 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Cant wait to see the full lineup, we won that game, schneider was solid but its really not like we dominated them or anything. We got lucky with posts and stuff a lot. But it's pre-season let's take it and be happy.

I was SO bummed when they scored at the end lol more pissed that schneider was losing his shutout than anything lol

Yeah, I can't wait either, send the scrubs away.  Was it publicized when the next set of cuts, presumably the final cut, takes place?

Posted Image

#70 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

I honestly think were going to have a solid team this season. Weve added WAY more depth up front and schneider really looks like a great goalie but I hope marty keeps it together for himself and the team
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#71 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Josefson's battling and boardwork to keep the play alive before he fed Pelley (who passed to Sislo) was very nice to see. He looks a lot stronger.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was going to mention this. I've been really impressed with his board work lately. Josefson isn't much of a timid player anymore. He's quite fast and aggressive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users