61 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

http://www.nj.com/de...llustrated.html

The Devils' offseason was somewhat rough for die-hards. And they may not like seeing whereSports Illustrated's Brian Cazeneuveranked New Jersey on his preseason power rankings.

The Devils were ranked as the Eastern Conference's second-worst team, one spot better than the Florida Panthers.

"The Devils were the NHL's lowest-scoring team even with Ilya Kovalchuk," Cazeneuve wrote. "Now that the sniper has retired from the NHL in order to play in Russia and David Clarkson has signed with Toronto as a free agent, the leftovers are skimpy." They include Patrik Elias and Travis Zajac, as he pointed out, while also joking about the age of Jaromir Jagr, who "is supposed to infuse the offense. With what? Geritol?"

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,542 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Oh, mainstream media, never change.  The Devils aren't going to score much but on the other hand they don't have to.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#3 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,045 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Lmfao. These dipsh!ts never learn, do they? We're the fvcking Devils. And we will indeed be taking our yearly piss in your Cheerios.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

At least they didn't say in there we play the trap

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#5 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

At least they didn't say in there we play the trap

I think it was implied

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#6 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

It always bothers me when too many people pick us to do well, so I'm kind of enjoying these "bottom of the metro-lantic" predictions.

Of course, we could well finish exactly there, and being in a playoff position is going to be tough with the new alignment. But I think if this team can gel quickly, it surprises.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#7 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Bleacher Report had the Devs with 105 points.

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#8 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

I like how they point out the ownership issues as a continued distraction but somehow the Devils went to the Cup two years ago when JVB was already in clear distress.

#9 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

All right, everybody. We got 10 minutes to game time. Let's all gather round. I'm not much for giving inspirational addresses, but I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think we'd save everyone a lot of time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me? I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So, I'd like to hang around and see if we can give 'em all a nice big sh!t burger to eat.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#10 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

http://m.espn.go.com...292&src=desktop

Espn had similar predictions
Posted Image

#11 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

NJD under the radar, I love it. Especially this team. Bunch of scrappy players. Love the underdog role.

#12 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Well to be honest if we werent devils fans im pretty sure we'd them there too at first glance.

Again a good way to put it is that if id really want to win a nhl14 game... Id probably not pick NJ with the level talent we have.

The things that make us win is hard work, forecheck and all that... If youre not a fan watching all the game you dont really know that

www.SterioDesign.com

#13 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

amusing, the media still thinks Kovalchuk and Parise were the whole team. :giggle:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#14 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Well to be honest if we werent devils fans im pretty sure we'd them there too at first glance.

Again a good way to put it is that if id really want to win a nhl14 game... Id probably not pick NJ with the level talent we have.

The things that make us win is hard work, forecheck and all that... If youre not a fan watching all the game you dont really know that

The Devils are better than almost everyone in NHL 14. 4.5 stars on offense. defense, and goaltending

#15 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Love that Schneider pic LOL

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#16 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

The Devils are better than almost everyone in NHL 14. 4.5 stars on offense. defense, and goaltending

Geez really? I didnt get the game yet lol gotta admit im surprised i thought our d and offence would be really low

www.SterioDesign.com

#17 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Geez really? I didnt get the game yet lol gotta admit im surprised i thought our d and offence would be really low

they still overinflate Volchenkov based on his Ottawa days and Larsson's like an 83 I think or something and so's Zidlicky so that already's more than most other teams 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#18 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yeah, EA liked the additions of Clowe, Ryder and Jagr. Especially considering Ryder and Jagr are good 'video game players'. All's ya need is a great shot 

#19 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, EA liked the additions of Clowe, Ryder and Jagr. Especially considering Ryder and Jagr are good 'video game players'. All's ya need is a great shot 

the devils pretty much have everyone on the team in the 80-84 range on offense and defense plus Schneider/over inflated Brodeur since he's on the cover (not that he wasn't in the last game too) and the rating goes up though nobody's gonna be clamoring to play with Michael Ryder and Ryane Clowe 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#20 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

love being the under dog like this.. hope everyone around the league continues to have these same low standard predictions when we take the eastern confrence again ill be laughing all the way to modells to buy my new hat
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users