22 replies to this topic

#1 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Just put it on my iphone.  Pretty sharp but not sure if everything works on it yet.

Edited by skeeter, 25 September 2013 - 08:41 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#2 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

No Android, no care.

This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#3 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

i just downloaded this also.. not sure how entailed it is actually doesnt look very but i had to try it out anyways
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Looks pretty neat, actually.  I'll play around with it more tomorrow and comment again.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

That's a pretty sweet app.. I know back when I joined the Devils Generals we brought up an app and they said it would be too expensive.. I wonder if this was given the green light after Harris took over.. It's definitely a great marketing tool For those who can't get it, this is a screenshot: usyza8a9.jpg

Edited by Colin226, 25 September 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

No Android, no care.

this

#7 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

yeah i really dont get why android users alwaaaaays get shafted and have to wait when they made up 58% of smartphone sales in the US last year and 51% so far this year

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#8 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

yeah i really dont get why android users alwaaaaays get shafted and have to wait when they made up 58% of smartphone sales in the US last year and 51% so far this year

I would guess because there are also 100 different android GUI's that manufacturers put on top of android and every device acts differently so they have to make sure it works on them. I remember my biggest pet peeve with android was that some android apps didn't work as well on my incredible as they did on other android devices.

#9 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

I would guess because there are also 100 different android GUI's that manufacturers put on top of android and every device acts differently so they have to make sure it works on them. I remember my biggest pet peeve with android was that some android apps didn't work as well on my incredible as they did on other android devices.

This, my friend develops apps and this is his biggest complaint about Android. Its just much easier for ios devices. Sucks for us Android users though.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#10 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

So what exactly does this app offer? Is it anything I don't already get with ScoreCenter and the Fire & Ice app?

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#11 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

So what exactly does this app offer? Is it anything I don't already get with ScoreCenter and the Fire & Ice app?

no its all the same stuff, exactly what you see on the screen shot and it had like a little video clip of devil dancers and some pictures from instagram.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#12 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

This, my friend develops apps and this is his biggest complaint about Android. Its just much easier for ios devices. Sucks for us Android users though.

Interesting.  I had read that these days developers create an Android app first then switch it to iOS instead of the other way around which is how it used to be.

Also, my wife and I have two completely different Android phones and all the apps work the same.

This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#13 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Interesting.  I had read that these days developers create an Android app first then switch it to iOS instead of the other way around which is how it used to be.

Also, my wife and I have two completely different Android phones and all the apps work the same.

When I had my Incredible (2010-2011), there were some apps that would work on mine and not on a buddy who had some Samsung Android phone and vice-versa.

Maybe they fixed it now but I still hear from Android developers that they have a bitch of a time making sure the apps for Android work over the different phones made by the different manufacturers and using their own GUI's that are placed on top of Android.

#14 justintime2989

justintime2989

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

What is the full name of the app?

#15 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

it's skinned of the Gamecenter app. alerts/notifications/style are all from the original app

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#16 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

What is the full name of the app?

Official New Jersey Devils App
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 Diablo2424

Diablo2424

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Can't wait for the Android version to come out, they claimed it was "coming soon" on the Devils FB page.

First time 2011-2012 Season Ticket holder, Section 123! :)

#18 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Looks like all teams have their own app now, there's a whole "NHL" section in the App Store now, most of them skinned off of GameCenter...

#19 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

So if I'm understanding correctly, there's no real point in getting it if you already have GameCenter?

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#20 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Didn't see it posted, but found the app on the Google play market last night. Android users rejoice!

815631765.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users