• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

I have a question, why is it that, for example, people with Kovalchuk jerseys, opted to have them re-nameplated with Ryder/Sykora? My question is, you have an authentic jersey, why keep the numbers? Is getting the nameplate and numbers replaced to make it a #68 Jagr jersey: A. not worth the price. B. impossible. or C. Other? Just curious

probably just a little easier/quicker turn around time/ cheaper to have the name plate swapped out rather then have all of the numbers and the name plate swapped out. you can get a name plate swap for like $20 you can go wrong with that. Maybe these people just like either ryder or sykora?

Also, if you get the numbers changed, it's probably easy to tell that that's been done.  Swapping out nameplates shouldn't be as obvious unless the new name is really short (e.g. Jagr) or the old name was really long (e.g. Langenbrunner).

Edited by RowdyFan42, 05 October 2013 - 08:30 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#42 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Also, if you get the numbers changed, it's probably easy to tell that that's been done. Swapping out nameplates shouldn't be as obvious unless the new name is really short (e.g. Jagr) or the old name was really long (e.g. Langenbrunner).

This is the main reason.

When jerseys are stitched, even though they are stitched part of the process includes putting a glue or some adhesive on the back of the numbers and letters to keep them in place while they are stitched. It also helps prevent bubbling later on as well.

When you remove the letters or numbers, you are going to have residue left on the jersey and depending on the place where it was done it can be a bitch to remove. Also depending on the age of the jersey there could be fading so if you take the numbers off you can see what the old numbers were. If you change a 17 the best is to just leave the 17 or change it to a similar number like 12.

Plus it is cheaper to remove/replace a nameplate as well than totally redoing it.

#43 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

This is the main reason.

When jerseys are stitched, even though they are stitched part of the process includes putting a glue or some adhesive on the back of the numbers and letters to keep them in place while they are stitched. It also helps prevent bubbling later on as well.

When you remove the letters or numbers, you are going to have residue left on the jersey and depending on the place where it was done it can be a bitch to remove. Also depending on the age of the jersey there could be fading so if you take the numbers off you can see what the old numbers were. If you change a 17 the best is to just leave the 17 or change it to a similar number like 12.

Plus it is cheaper to remove/replace a nameplate as well than totally redoing it.

That's why I asked EP to change my two Kovy jerseys to a Henrique and Zajac.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#44 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

That's why I asked EP to change my two Kovy jerseys to a Henrique and Zajac.

Yeah the less you take off the better it usually is.

I really want to buy one of the cheap kovy premiers that have been flooding eBay for the past 3 months and just have EPS change it to Ryder, but I won't for two reasons just yet. One is that he is only on a two year contract and the other is that the 17 on most of those Kovys is not the correct font. For some reason only EPS can do the 7 correctly on a devils jersey.

#45 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

I really want to buy one of the cheap kovy premiers that have been flooding eBay for the past 3 months and just have EPS change it to Ryder, but I won't for two reasons just yet. One is that he is only on a two year contract and the other is that the 17 on most of those Kovys is not the correct font. For some reason only EPS can do the 7 correctly on a devils jersey.

Off-topic but even the Devils can't get the 7's right on the Niedermayer banners in the arena. It's kind of funny actually.

believe-devs.jpg

#46 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Off-topic but even the Devils can't get the 7's right on the Niedermayer banners in the arena. It's kind of funny actually.

It's the 2 that's wrong on the Nieds rafter banners.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#47 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

It's the 2 that's wrong on the Nieds rafter banners.

Yeah the 7 is fine if I remember the banner and the 2 like you said is the issue.

Also the R's in that banner are totally off too.

#48 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

You're right. My mistake. I wonder if they even know?

believe-devs.jpg

#49 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

You're right. My mistake. I wonder if they even know?

Probably not.  It's no big deal though.  Another thing I wondered is why do they have Stevens from 1992-2005?  His last season was 03-04.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#50 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Probably not. It's no big deal though. Another thing I wondered is why do they have Stevens from 1992-2005? His last season was 03-04.

I think because he said he would play the 04-05 season but because it was cancelled he never did. So since he was an active roster player in that season that never happened they put 2005.

#51 Jerzeyfan

Jerzeyfan

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

DHL better

#52 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

DHL better

What?

#53 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Fake Devils jerseys look terrible.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#54 Jerzeyfan

Jerzeyfan

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Fake Devils jerseys look terrible.

Some fake look terrible while some not.

#55 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Some fake look terrible while some not.

ive seen some fake ones look better then some of these indo edges..quality wise
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#56 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Do I dare post the henrique fake jersey pic again?

I took a pic of another fan wearing a fake henrique with the same issue during the Vancouver game as well.

Fakes look terrible.
Do I dare post the henrique fake jersey pic again?

I took a pic of another fan wearing a fake henrique with the same issue during the Vancouver game as well.

Fakes look terrible.

#57 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

ive seen some fake ones look better then some of these indo edges..quality wise

Really?  I've never seen a good looking Devils fake.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#58 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Really?  I've never seen a good looking Devils fake.

i have a fake kovalchuk.. the actualy quality of the material of the jersey are much better then the crap they sell called the "premiere" the quality of the reebok jerseys compared to the previous ccm are just such junk.. i wont buy a jersey anymore if its not a game worn.. for a couple reasons quality being number one the real authentics that the players wear you cant get unless you buy a gamer they're made in Canada not Indonesia and the quality difference is a pretty big one.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#59 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

i have a fake kovalchuk.. the actualy quality of the material of the jersey are much better then the crap they sell called the "premiere" the quality of the reebok jerseys compared to the previous ccm are just such junk.. i wont buy a jersey anymore if its not a game worn.. for a couple reasons quality being number one the real authentics that the players wear you cant get unless you buy a gamer they're made in Canada not Indonesia and the quality difference is a pretty big one.

I actually think the indo edges aren't bad.  I have one, and I love it.  Fakes just don't look good imo.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#60 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

I actually think the indo edges aren't bad.  I have one, and I love it.  Fakes just don't look good imo.

some dont depends on where you get it from.. i have some really horrible looking fake football jerseys.. i dont want to get too far into the fake jersey discussion as a lot of people here feel strongly against it and its started trouble in earlier threads thats just no necessary.. but the comparison to reebok premieres to the old ccms that were the equivalent does not even come close to comparing.. i dont wear my fake kovy anymore or atleast i have yet this season but i wear my old ccm langenbrunner jersey when i dont break out the elias or clarkson gamers i have(i dont wear them too often) so im due to pick up a cheapo premiere just to wear to game thinking about getting a jagr..just hate to drop like $200 on one of those things even the patchs that they use are just poor feeling/looking material.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users