470 replies to this topic

#341 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

I want to see more Sislo, Josefson, and Larsson.  It's time.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#342 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

I want to see more Sislo, Josefson, and Larsson.  It's time.

Me too! 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#343 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

Larsson has 48 shots his last 21 games or 20 shots his last 8 games. In Sislo's last 16 games he has 45 shots. In Boucher's last 15 games he has 38 shots. Call these kids up.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 16 March 2014 - 06:19 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#344 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Larsson has 48 shots his last 21 games or 20 shots his last 8 games. In Sislo's last 16 games he has 45 shots. In Boucher's last 15 games he has 38 shots. Call these kids up.

How many shots a game would Bernier, Gionta, Carter, Josefson, Merrill, or Gelinas be getting if they were playing in Albany? It would probably be pretty similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#345 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

How many shots a game would Bernier, Gionta, Carter, Josefson, Merrill, or Gelinas be getting if they were playing in Albany? It would probably be pretty similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are probably right but all 3 were also impressive in their time with NJ.  Sislo was able to put up shots ES in his short stint.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 16 March 2014 - 07:22 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#346 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

Albany defeated Syracuse 3-0. Scoring for the Devils was Hrabarenka (PP, K. Zajac, Urbom), Sislo (Hrabarenka, K. Zajac), and Sislo (EN, McPherson). Wedgewood stopped all 13 shots he faced for his 2nd shutout in a row. Albany outshot Syracuse 37-13 and went 1/4 on the PP and 4/4 on the PK. Sislo, Urbom, and Wedgewood were the 3 stars. Here is the gamesheet.

Albany is now 7th in the East with 74 points - 4 points above 9th place Hershey.

Stats:

Kelly Zajac C: 54 GP 8-27-35, +4, 2 PIM, 1.22 SH/GP, 12.12 SH%
Mike Sislo RW: 51 GP 21-15-36, +7, 24 PIM, 2.45 SH/GP, 16.8 SH%
Raman Hrabarenka D: 36 GP 6-13-19, -3, 22 PIM, 1.61 SH/GP, 10.34 SH%
Scott Wedgewood G: 28 GP 11-12-3, 2.54 GAA, .894 SV%, 3 SO

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#347 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:31 AM

Watching those recent highlights, we have some real size on the blue line with Hrabarenka, Urbom, Helgeson (Larsson isn't small either).  I almost like the lineup in Albany more than the NJ lineup. 

#348 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

AHL
Albany defeated Binghamton 2-1. Scoring for the Devils was Boucher (PP, Timmins, Sislo) and Sislo (Pesonen). Wedgewood stopped 18 of 19 shots to continue his hot March (.934 SV% in 4 games). Albany outshot Binghamton 28-19 and went 1/4 on the PP and 5/6 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Albany is now up to 6th in the East with 76 points, 6 points clear of 9th, with 1 point separating 5th thru 8th.

Stats:
Scott Wedgewood G: 29 GP 12-12-3, 2.48 GAA, .896 SV%, 3 SO
Reid Boucher LW: 44 GP 17-14-31, -1, 10 PIM, 14.05 SH%, 2.75 SH/GP
Scott Timmins C: 48 GP 11-21-32, +9, 18 PIM, 11.11 SH%, 2.06 SH/GP
Mike Sislo RW: 52 GP 22-16-38, +8, 24 PIM, 17.32 SH%, 2.44 SH/GP
Harri Pesonen LW: 62 GP 11-16-27, +7, 50 PIM, 9.09 SH%, 1.95 SH/GP

ECHL
Orlando defeated Fort Wayne 5-4
Maxime Clermont G: DNP

ECHL 3/17
Elmira lost to Gwinnett 5-1
Artem Demkov F: DNP (Injured)
Riley Boychuk F: DNP
Harry Young D: E, 4 PIM (Cross Checking, Interference)

Orlando lost to Kalamazoo 4-1

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#349 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

AHL
Albany defeated Binghamton 2-1. Scoring for the Devils was Boucher (PP, Timmins, Sislo) and Sislo (Pesonen). Wedgewood stopped 18 of 19 shots to continue his hot March (.934 SV% in 4 games). Albany outshot Binghamton 28-19 and went 1/4 on the PP and 5/6 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Albany is now up to 6th in the East with 76 points, 6 points clear of 9th, with 1 point separating 5th thru 8th.

Stats:
Scott Wedgewood G: 29 GP 12-12-3, 2.48 GAA, .896 SV%, 3 SO
Reid Boucher LW: 44 GP 17-14-31, -1, 10 PIM, 14.05 SH%, 2.75 SH/GP
Scott Timmins C: 48 GP 11-21-32, +9, 18 PIM, 11.11 SH%, 2.06 SH/GP
Mike Sislo RW: 52 GP 22-16-38, +8, 24 PIM, 17.32 SH%, 2.44 SH/GP
Harri Pesonen LW: 62 GP 11-16-27, +7, 50 PIM, 9.09 SH%, 1.95 SH/GP

ECHL
Orlando defeated Fort Wayne 5-4

ECHL 3/17
Elmira lost to Gwinnett 5-1
Riley Boychuk F: DNP
Harry Young D: E, 4 PIM (Cross Checking, Interference)

Orlando lost to Kalamazoo 4-1

WOW..What a game by Albany. Sweet rip by Boucher to tie it. Albany seems poised to be a dangerous team in the Calder Cup playoffs.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#350 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

Nice to see Wedgewood with a hot streak. Maybe he can pull things together next season. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#351 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

Nice to see Wedgewood with a hot streak. Maybe he can pull things together next season. 

Would be nice to see a drafted Devils goalie not fizzle out by his mid-20s for a change, wouldn't it?

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#352 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Would be nice to see a drafted Devils goalie not fizzle out by his mid-20s for a change, wouldn't it?

Yeah that really would be great haha. I can't think of one who hasn't since the Marty, Schwab, Dunham draft in 1990. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#353 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

Albany's going to have a loaded defense for their playoff run. 

As for theDevils goalie drafting history...Ari Ahonen's has actually been an excellent KHL goalie for a number of years now. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#354 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

Albany's going to have a loaded defense for their playoff run. 

As for theDevils goalie drafting history...Ari Ahonen's has actually been an excellent KHL goalie for a number of years now. 

Tells you all you need to know about the KHL.

Posted Image

#355 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

WOW..What a game by Albany. Sweet rip by Boucher to tie it. Albany seems poised to be a dangerous team in the Calder Cup playoffs.

I believe in Wedgewood.  It would be great it he continues his development and slots in very nicely behind Schneider after a few years.  If Cory continues to play well, Wedge could be a great young asset(age 24 or 25 maybe) to flip for a talented young forward.  I'm getting ahead of myself, but something to believe in and hope for.  Watching those highlights, I'm thinking, "Damn, Sislo and Boucher are quite the young forwards."  Sislo's goal was just as pretty as Boucher's.  He split the D on that one.  Also, Larsson is getting a lot of PP time in Albany, which is excellent for his development I think.  I feel that Hrabarenka has been playing quite well too, he made an excellent diving defensive play in those highlights.  I actually might try and follow the A-Devs and their playoff hopes. 

Edited by RizzMB30, 20 March 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#356 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

AHL
Albany defeated Syracuse 6-2. Larsson, K. Zajac, and Hrabarenka each had a goal and an assist. Urbom, Boucher, and Sislo had a goal each and Whitney had 2 assists. Wedgewood stopped 22 of 24 shots. Albany outshot Syracuse 28-24 and went 1/9 on the PP and 3/5 on the PK. Albany is now up to 6th in the East and 6 points clear of 9th. Here is the gamesheet.

ECHL
Elmira lost to Cincinnati 4-1
Riley Boychuk F: Assist, +1, 2 PIM (Cross Checking)
Harry Young D: E, 6 PIM (High Sticking, Hooking, Interference), 2 Shots

Orlando defeated South Carolina 4-3 (SO)
Maxime Clermont G: 33 Saves on 36 Shots, Stopped 4/5 Shootout Attempts

ECHL 3/21
Elmira lost to Cincinnati 7-5
Riley Boychuk F: -3, 3 Shots
Harry Young D: E, 5 PIM (Fighting), 2 Shots

Orlando lost to South Carolina 3-1

#357 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

Good to see Janssen back playing. He was out with some infection for a while, correct?

I liked Sislo's game his entire time while he was up. He should be up next year with the big club.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#358 GA Devil

GA Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

Wedgewood coming up big in a stretch run is good to see.

Let the celebration begin in the Daneyko household!!!!

#359 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

Good to see Janssen back playing. He was out with some infection for a while, correct?

I liked Sislo's game his entire time while he was up. He should be up next year with the big club.

I honestly didn't even notice until now that Janssen missed a month. I searched but didn't find anything relating to an infection or why he missed time so I'm not sure what was up.

I also hope to see Sislo in NJ next season. According to CapGeek he is a UFA so hopefully Lou is able to re-sign him. Great year for him though, 23 goals, 16 assists in 53 games and 2.47 shots per game. His SH% is a high 17.56 but still, I think he deserves an extended look. He's going to be 27 next year so it's not like he's going to get much better, time to see if he can handle it full time in the NHL.

I also want to give some praise to Kelly Zajac. 9 goals, 28 assists in 56 games in his 1st full AHL season. Seems like he has a decent chance to land a NHL contract from the Devils. Darcy landed one at an older age with much less production.

Wedgewood coming up big in a stretch run is good to see.

It's awesome that he's stepped up this month (.930 SV% in 5 games) since Kinkaid has been in a bit of rut. He's only facing an average of 20 shots per game in those 5 starts so his teammates seem to be doing a solid job in front of him.

#360 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:29 AM

I honestly didn't even notice until now that Janssen missed a month. I searched but didn't find anything relating to an infection or why he missed time so I'm not sure what was up.

I also hope to see Sislo in NJ next season. According to CapGeek he is a UFA so hopefully Lou is able to re-sign him. Great year for him though, 23 goals, 16 assists in 53 games and 2.47 shots per game. His SH% is a high 17.56 but still, I think he deserves an extended look. He's going to be 27 next year so it's not like he's going to get much better, time to see if he can handle it full time in the NHL.

I also want to give some praise to Kelly Zajac. 9 goals, 28 assists in 56 games in his 1st full AHL season. Seems like he has a decent chance to land a NHL contract from the Devils. Darcy landed one at an older age with much less production.

It's awesome that he's stepped up this month (.930 SV% in 5 games) since Kinkaid has been in a bit of rut. He's only facing an average of 20 shots per game in those 5 starts so his teammates seem to be doing a solid job in front of him.

Looks like Hraberanka earned a spot on the team by his own merit. O think we can feel pretty good about our "D" in the near future. I hope Lou does resign Sislo

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users