470 replies to this topic

#41 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Whipping up on Hartford so far tonight.  4-1 after 2.  Hoffel, Matteau, Merrill (PP), Timmins with the goals.

#42 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Held on to win 4-3.   Garbage time PP goal for Hartford very late in the 3rd on a 6 on 4.   Wedgewood stopped 23 of 26.

#43 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

Weirdest statistic for Albany this year may be Cam Janssen 7GP only 4 PIM which means NO fighting majors. Maybe he's trying to become a more rounded player.

Posted Image

#44 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

Awesome to see Albany extend their winning streak to 3 games and point streak to 6 games. Bill Cain of The Daily Gazette had a pre-game article with injury updates and a lot of quotes from the coach and players. Highlights:

ECHL
Elmira lost to Reading 3-1 despite outshooting them 34-19. Devils prospects:
Raman Hrabarenka: E, 1 Shot, 2 PIM (Interference)
Riley Boychuk: E, 1 Shot, 7 PIM (Charging Major, Roughing)
Harry Young: E, 2 PIM (Cross-Checking)
Maxime Clermont: 16 Saves on 19 Shots

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#45 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

Weirdest statistic for Albany this year may be Cam Janssen 7GP only 4 PIM which means NO fighting majors. Maybe he's trying to become a more rounded player.

I believe there's a fight limit in the AHL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#46 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

If that's the case it ain't working, since Janssen's the only skater (forward or defense) that doesn't have a point yet.

#47 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

I believe there's a fight limit in the AHL.

There is no fight limit.  Janssen did seem shot as a fighter the last few fights I saw him in, though.  He's almost always the smaller guy, that has to take its toll eventually.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#48 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

AHL
Albany lost to Portland 5-2, however the last 2 Portland goals were on an empty net. Scoring for the Devils was Timmins (McKelvie, Janssen) and Boucher (Kelly, Merrill). Wedgewood stopped 20 of 23 shots. The Devils outshot Portland 36-25 with Boucher leading the way with a game high 7 shots followed by Whitney and Timmins with 4 each. Albany was 0/6 on the PP. Here is the gamesheet. Below are the highlights with a glass shattering hit by Helgeson about a minute in:

Timmins has at least a point in all 8 games, scoring 5 goals to go along with 5 assists. Boucher has a 3 game point streak with a goal and 3 assists. Merrill has a 3 game point streak with 2 goals and an assist.

ECHL
Elmira defeated Reading 3-1 despite being outshot 47-25. Here is the gamesheet. Devils prospects:
Raman Hrabarenka: E
Riley Boychuk: DNP (Think he had an automatic 1 game suspension)
Harry Young: E
Maxime Clermont: Called up to Albany with Kinkaid in NJ

Edited by thefiestygoat, 26 October 2013 - 09:15 PM.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#49 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Albany lost to Syracuse 4-1, dropping their 2nd game in a row. Scoring for the Devils was Boucher (Timmins, Whitney). Timmins now has a 9 game point streak with 5 goals and 6 assists, the longest currently in the AHL. Wedgewood stopped 15 of 19 shots, however 2 of the goals came on a Syracuse PP, one of which was a 5 on 3. Overall, Albany outshot Syracuse 25 to 19, went 2/4 on the PK, and 0/6 on the PP. Boucher, 3rd star, and Whitney each had a game high 5 shots. In the first 9 games they are each averaging 3.2 and 3 shots per game respectively. Here is the gamesheet. I'll edit in the highlights later.

Lines and Pairs via Bill Cain:
Matteau-Pelley-Pesonen
Hoeffel-Wohlberg-Sestito
Boucher-Timmins-Whitney
McKelvie-K.Zajac-Janssen

Merrill-McPherson
Kelly-Burlon
Helgeson-Scarlett

#50 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

AHL

Albany lost to Norfolk 3-0, dropping their 3rd game in a row. Albany outshot Norfolk 34-21 but was 0/5 on the PP. Wedgewood stopped 9 of 12 shots in 28:17 before being pulled for Clermont who stopped all 9 shots he faced in 31:43. Timmins saw his 9 game point streak come to an end. Boucher had a game high 5 shots followed by Timmins and the returning Sislo who had 4 each. Here is the gamesheet. Below are the highlights:

Wedgewood's rough start: 6 GP 3-3-1-0, 2.71 GAA, .885 SV%

ECHL

Elmira defeated Greenville 3-0. Here is the gamesheet. Devils prospects:
Raman Hrabarenka: Assist, +1, 3 Shots, 2 PIM (Roughing)
Riley Boychuk: DNP
Harry Young: E, 1 Shot

#51 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Boucher and Merril seem to be playing well. Matteau on the other hand, isn't looking so great with his 1 point and only 13 SOG? Can anybody comment on how he's played otherwise? If he's a Zubrus-like player, I imagine what he does isn't always evident on the scoresheet, but 1 point and 13 SOG looks pretty bad.

#52 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Boucher and Merril seem to be playing well. Matteau on the other hand, isn't looking so great with his 1 point and only 13 SOG? Can anybody comment on how he's played otherwise? If he's a Zubrus-like player, I imagine what he does isn't always evident on the scoresheet, but 1 point and 13 SOG looks pretty bad.

why why why Lou didnt give up that pick

#53 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

why why why Lou didnt give up that pick

I've read somewhere that Lou was really hoping that Malcolm Subban or the goalie Tampa drafted would be there at 29.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#54 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Interesting that Albany slides right after Gelinas gets called up. Me thinks he is a difference maker!
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#55 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

I've read somewhere that Lou was really hoping that Malcolm Subban or the goalie Tampa drafted would be there at 29.

I really hope we finish at least in the middle of the pack this year, so that pick we give up wont be such a heart breaker

#56 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'd like to see more out of Matteau too, but in fairness to him, he is 19 and young for the league. I think he's 1 of 5 U20 guys in the AHL so far this year. Lou has mentioned he sees Matteau as a power forward and those guys typically take some time to develop. Unfortunately for Matteau, he's always going to be the guy that the Devils picked when everyone wanted them to forfeit the pick. Hopefully for his sake the Devils have a good season this year and fans are patient with him.

#57 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'd like to see more out of Matteau too, but in fairness to him, he is 19 and young for the league. I think he's 1 of 5 U20 guys in the AHL so far this year. Lou has mentioned he sees Matteau as a power forward and those guys typically take some time to develop. Unfortunately for Matteau, he's always going to be the guy that the Devils picked when everyone wanted them to forfeit the pick. Hopefully for his sake the Devils have a good season this year and fans are patient with him.

yeah I dont hate the guy or think he should turn into the next Zubrus, it's Lou I cant figure out in this particular situation

right now it looks bad because we could have ended up with a top 5 pick again this coming draft (I hope not) 

I hope our finishing position is around 15th or better, that will take the sting out of what could have been

#58 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Albany lost to Adirondack 3-1. The Albany Devils have now lost their last 4 games being outscored by opponents 15-4. PP over that time is 0/21. Scoring for the Devils was Hoeffel (Sestito). Clermont stopped 27 of 30 shots. Boucher once again had a game high 5 shots and is now averaging 3.5 shots per game thru 11 games. Here is the gamesheet. I'll post highlights later if they are made available.

Elmira lost to Reading 5-2. Here is the gamesheet. Devils prospects:
Raman Hrabarenka: Goal, +1, 2 Shots
Riley Boychuk: DNP
Harry Young: DNP

#59 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

AHL

Albany Devils notes from the Times Union.

ECHL

11/6
Elmira lost to Florida 5-2.  Devils prospects:
Raman Hrabarenka: (Called up to Albany)
Riley Boychuk: (Called up to Albany)
Harry Young: DNP (Upper Body Injury)
Maxime Clermont: DNP (Just returned from Albany)

11/7
Elmira lost to Orlando 4-1. Devils prospects:
Maxime Clermont: 41 Saves on 45 Shots

Artem Demkov who was in Albany Devils camp is off to a solid start: 7 GP 6-0-6, +4, 6 PIM, 4.28 SH/GP

#60 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

AHL

Albany snapped their 4 game losing streak with a 6-5 victory over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Sislo led the way with a hat trick and an assist, Boucher and Olesz had a goal and assist each, and K. Zajac added the other goal. 9 different Devils had an assist. Kinkaid stopped 28 of 33 shots. Sislo and Boucher were the 1st and 2nd stars. The Devils PP which had been 0/21 during the losing streak went 2/6 tonight. Here is the gamesheet. Highlights:

ECHL

Elmira defeated Florida 6-5. Here is the gamesheet. Devils prospects:
Maxime Clermont: DNP

Edited by thefiestygoat, 09 November 2013 - 09:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users