#81 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for the updates, feisty.

Does anyone know what's going on with Timmins? It has been a while now, it seems.

#82 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

Great to see Boucher keep his offensive game at the pro level... I know there was concern it would translate from juniors.

I know Matteau is not going to be a scorer but with top six minutes it would be nice to see a few more shots and points.

#83 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

Great to see Boucher keep his offensive game at the pro level... I know there was concern it would translate from juniors.

I know Matteau is not going to be a scorer but with top six minutes it would be nice to see a few more shots and points.

If he can keep doing it all season, it'll really be great for us. The team needs a prospect like him.

#84 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Thanks for the updates, feisty.

Does anyone know what's going on with Timmins? It has been a while now, it seems.

Your welcome! Hard to find any info or update on Timmins other than he's been out indefinitely with a "lower body" injury. Shame since he got off to a strong start with 5 goals and 8 assists in 12 games. Hopefully one of Albany's beat writers gets an update after this weekend.

I'm encouraged by Boucher's numbers so far. I was skeptical of him but I like that he has that many assist already. No idea how his defense or skating has or hasn't improved but at least he's showing he can do more than just find open space and snipe a shot.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#85 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

Your welcome! Hard to find any info or update on Timmins other than he's been out indefinitely with a "lower body" injury. Shame since he got off to a strong start with 5 goals and 8 assists in 12 games. Hopefully one of Albany's beat writers gets an update after this weekend.

I'm encouraged by Boucher's numbers so far. I was skeptical of him but I like that he has that many assist already. No idea how his defense or skating has or hasn't improved but at least he's showing he can do more than just find open space and snipe a shot.

Loved the "behiind the back "pass from Bouch.  Matteau does have decent speed/shot coming in the left side. Burlon has pretty darn good wheels the way jumps into the play. He did the same thing when I watched Albany play Norfolk.  Albany/Kincaid look pretty darn good this year.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#86 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

AHL
Albany lost to Springfield 5-3. Scoring for the Devils was Boucher (Sislo, Burlon), K. Zajac (PP, Matteau, Boucher), and Sestito (Scarlett, Whitney). Kinkaid stopped 18 of 22 shots. Springfield had the edge in shots 23-22 and Albany went 1/3 on the PP and 4/6 on the PK. McKelvie led the team with 4 shots followed by K. Zajac, Sestito, Boucher, and Pesonen who had 3 each. Here is the gamesheet.

Boucher, K. Zajac, and Matteau have points in back to back games. Pesonen only has 4 assists in 18 games but is averaging 2.38 shots per game.

ECHL
Elmira lost to Kalamazoo 6-5 (SO). Here is the gamesheet. Devils prospect:
Maxime Clermont: 28 Saves on 33 Shots, 2/4 in SO

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#87 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

AHL
Albany defeated Adirondack 5-3 for their 6th win in their past 8 games. Scoring for the Devils was Whitney (Matteau, Sestito), Hoeffel (Pesonen), Boucher (PP, K. Zajac, Merrill), Matteau (Sestito), and Sestito (PP, Whitney). Wedgewood stopped 24 of 27 shots. Albany outshot Adirondack 31-27, went 2/6 on the PP, and 4/5 on the PK. Their were 74 PIM in this game despite no fighting majors. Sestito, Matteau, and Whitney were the 3 stars. Boucher and Sislo each led the team with 5 shots a piece. Here is the gamesheet.

Some stats:
Joe Whitney: 19 GP 8-12-20, +5, 12 PIM, 16.00 SH%, 2.63 SH/GP
    -- 6 game scoring streak: 3 goals and 5 assists.

Stefan Matteau: 18 GP 3-4-7, E, 27 PIM, 12.00 SH%, 1.38 SH/GP
    -- 3 game scoring streak: 2 goals and 2 assists.

Reid Boucher: 19 GP 8-8-16, +3, 2 PIM, 12.69 SH%, 3.31 SH/GP
    -- 3 game scoring streak: 3 goals and 2 assists.

Kelly Zajac: 13 GP 2-3-5, -1, 0 PIM, 12.5 SH%, 1.23 SH/GP
    -- 3 game scoring streak: 1 goal and 2 assists.

ECHL
Elmira lost to Kalamazoo 2-0. Here is the gamesheet. Devils prospect:
Maxime Clermont: DNP

#88 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

AHL

Albany highlights from the other day:

ECHL
Elmira defeated Kalamazoo 2-1. Devils prospect:
Season: 5 GP 0-4-0-1, 3.98 GAA, .863 SV%

#89 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

I have gone through the Albany highlights, how does Boucher get open in the low slot so often. He must have a knack for moving from soft coverage to the net.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#90 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

AHL (Friday)
Albany lost to Adirondack 4-3 in overtime. Scoring for the Devils was Pesonen (Matteau), Scarlett (PP, Hrabarenka, K. Zajac), and Boucher (Sislo, K. Zajac). Kinkaid stopped 16 of 20 shots. Albany outshot Adirondack 38-20, went 1/4 on the PP, and 1/2 on the PK. Scarlett was 3rd star. Here is the gamesheet. Highlights:

Current streaks:
Matteau: 2 goals, 3 assists in past 4 games.
K. Zajac: 1 goal, 4 assists in past 4 games.
Sislo: 3 assists in past 4 games.
Boucher: 4 goals, 2 assists in past 4 games.

ECHL (Friday)
Elmira lost to Wheeling 3-1. Here is the gamesheet. Devils prospect:

#91 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

Really hope matteau And Boucher pain out. Boucher seems like he can be a good second line 20-30 goal scorer. I hope. I wish Whitney would get a shot up here. Fiesty, Scarlett would he be an NHL defensmen? For us at least.

#92 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Really hope matteau And Boucher pain out. Boucher seems like he can be a good second line 20-30 goal scorer. I hope. I wish Whitney would get a shot up here. Fiesty, Scarlett would he be an NHL defensmen? For us at least.

we need some talent brewing down there....our big club needs some refreshing

#93 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

I haven't seen Scarlett play an actual game, only from highlights so I can't really say. He was projected as a 2nd/3rd round talent in the beginning of his draft year but fell to the 6th, probably in some part due to playing on a bad team. He's put up nice numbers every year since his draft year and was a big part of Swift Current's turnaround in recent years. Could probably turn out to be a solid 4/5 D man if all goes well.

#94 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Aaaaand Boucher just potted his tenth of the season, fifth in last five. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#95 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Jr also got another point

#96 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Scarlett is finally getting PP ice time with all the callups. The rich get richer on defense, he has excellent pedigree prior to the under 18 his draft year where he ran out of steam. It also looks like Silso is finally back to the level he was at camp. 

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#97 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Yikes. Scott Wedgewood with 9 saves on 15 shots.

He gets the win though as Albany scores 8 (2 by Matteau).

I don't know why Kincaid din't take over but oh well.

Posted Image

#98 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

Current Streaks:
Stefan Matteau: 4 goals, 4 assists in past 5 games.
Kelly Zajac: 1 goal,  6 assists in past 5 games.
Mike Sislo: 2 goals, 4 assists in past 5 games.
Reid Boucher: 5 goals, 2 assists in past 5 games.
Reece Scarlett: 3 goals, 2 assists in past 6 games.
Joe Whitney: 3 goals, 7 assists in past 10 games.

Season Stats:
Stefan Matteau: 20 GP 5-6-11, -1, 29 PIM, 15.6 SH%, 1.6 SH/GP
Kelly Zajac: 15 GP 2-7-9, +1, 2 PIM, 11.1 SH%, 1.2 SH/GP
Mike Sislo: 17 GP 6-5-11, +3, 8 PIM, 16.2 SH%, 2.2 SH/GP
Reid Boucher: 21 GP 10-8-18, +4, 2 PIM, 14.5 SH%, 3.3 SH/GP
Reece Scarlett: 19 GP 3-4-7, +7, 10 PIM, 11.1 SH%, 1.4 SH/GP
Joe Whitney: 21 GP 8-13-21, +3, 12 PIM, 13.8 SH%, 2.8 SH/GP

#99 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

AHL
Albany defeated Bridgeport 8-6. Matteau and Sislo had 2 goals and an assist each, Sestito had a goal and 2 assists, Scarlett had a goal and an assist, and Boucher and McKelvie each had a goal. Wedgewood stopped 9 of 15 shots. Albany outshot Bridgeport 32-15, went 3/6 on the PP, and 2/3 on the PK. Matteau and Sislo were the top 2 stars. Here is the gamesheet. Highlights (goals and Hrabarenka shattering the glass!):

ECHL
Elmira defeated Cincinnati 2-1. Here is the gamesheet. Unfortunately, it looks like Maxime Clermont is the back up goaltender right now.

#100 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

Yikes. Scott Wedgewood with 9 saves on 15 shots.

He gets the win though as Albany scores 8 (2 by Matteau).

I don't know why Kincaid din't take over but oh well.

I wonder if Wedgewood is one of those goalies that is at their best when they see a lot of action both in terms of consistent starts and getting pucks thrown at them? His AHL numbers are a small sample size but he hasn't fared well at all, but maybe he just hasn't found his groove yet.

His OHL numbers may not jump out a whole lot but were solid considering the workload he had (roughly 31 shots per game or  33 per 60 minutes) in his 2 years as a starter. Last year he played on a really, really bad Trenton team so his ECHL numbers don't look that great but he was once again facing roughly 31 shots per game or 32 per 60 minutes and played a lot of back to backs. Considering how hard they rode him, I'd say he did fine as a rookie. I noticed in his sporadic AHL starts he's only facing about 23 shots per game or 25 shots per 60 minutes.

Of course he has to take advantage of his opportunities to earn more playing time when they arise but I suppose he just hasn't found his rhythm yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users