1873 replies to this topic

#181 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,058 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

i'm reading rumours saying Miller is probably gonna be a flyers by Christmas... a first round pick would be in the mix and that Holmgren would sign him to an extension right away.

That would not be fun that the flyers would have a potential good goalie

Eh nothing has happened yet so I wouldn't worry about it now.

Plus there is something about Philly that turns on the "instant suck" switch with good goalies.

#182 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Wow I'd rather that didn't happen

also heard rumours from the same source saying that they Flyers we're going hard after Big Byfuglien, that would also sucks

www.SterioDesign.com

#183 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,318 posts

I've presumed Miller to the Phailures for a while. Everyone keeps talking about him being dealt and no one ever seems to bring up him going to Philly. I think you can write it down that that's where he'll end up.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#184 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

I've presumed Miller to the Phailures for a while. Everyone keeps talking about him being dealt and no one ever seems to bring up him going to Philly. I think you can write it down that that's where he'll end up.

i think they'll still swallow even if they have him in net ;) so im not too worried about it lol
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#185 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

also heard rumours from the same source saying that they Flyers we're going hard after Big Byfuglien, that would also sucks

No way can they pull off a trade for both Miller and Byfuglien. You'd have to gut the offense to do it or trade away multiple 1st rd picks.

#186 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,988 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Flyers giving up another 1st round pick for a goalie?

Sure, sign me up.  Homer would have to an absolute moron to move that pick this year with the way the Flyers are shaping up.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#187 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

No way can they pull off a trade for both Miller and Byfuglien. You'd have to gut the offense to do it or trade away multiple 1st rd picks.

If any team is desperate enough to try it, its those losers.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#188 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Believe it or not, Mason has been pretty good so far this season, top 10 in save percentage right now. I don't think he is the problem, to be honest. If the Flyers trade their first round pick for Miller, the Sabres will have 3 first rounders in the draft, and that's if they don't flip Moulson at the deadline, which they very well might.

The Sabres, who are generally a team that doesn't draft that early, have a ton of young talent coming up as it is. Grigorenko, Girgensons, Zadorov, and Ristolainen are all very recent picks that are looking like they can be really good. If they keep piling on the first rounders in this year's draft, they're going to be a scary team a few years down the road. I don't like it when franchises take this route, but it may work out for Buffalo if they do.

#189 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

The thing is Miller is used to playing in front of sh!tty defenses.  He sees more rubber than any other goalie, and is one of the best at stopping pucks.  A lot of people think he's overrated.  I personally think he's underrated.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#190 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Speaking of goaltending, Semyon Varlamov who is off to a ridiculous start with the Avs has been arrested. Doesn't sound like a drunken barfight either. Charged with kidnapping and 3rd degree assault of someone he knew. Sucks for the Avs because he is there number one goalie (J.S. Giguere is backup) and are shaping up to be a feel good story so far. 

Edit: Just noticed it's a domestic violence incident according to police. 

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=435467

Edited by devils102, 30 October 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image

#191 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

The charges against him seem pretty serious.  Hopefully people will wait until facts come out before grabbing their pitchforks.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#192 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

This Varlamov story is crazy and unfortunate. The Avs were rolling with him

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#193 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Good thing I picked up jiggy by chance the other day in my fantasy league.

Edited by JRZYRIPPER, 30 October 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#194 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

anyone know how clarkson has done since hes been back from his suspension.. any goals or assists? i can obviously look it up for myself but dont care all that much so just figured id ask if anyone who follows other teams knew
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#195 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

anyone know how clarkson has done since hes been back from his suspension.. any goals or assists? i can obviously look it up for myself but dont care all that much so just figured id ask if anyone who follows other teams knew

In 3 games he has 0 goals and 0 assists.  But Leafs fans seem very happy with his play.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#196 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

In 3 games he has 0 goals and 0 assists.  But Leafs fans seem very happy with his play.

did you look on a leaf forum or something? lol thanks for the up date brown. curious to see how he ends up fitting in up there
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#197 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

did you look on a leaf forum or something? lol thanks for the up date brown. curious to see how he ends up fitting in up there

He got an assist tonight.  lol

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#198 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

But how many times has he fell down on the ice?

That's the important question here.

n2eg.jpg

#199 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Wow I'd rather that didn't happen

not that t I watch a ton of buffalo's games and maybe it could be that the team just stinks but miller doesn't scare me. He seems like a bit if a head case and could turn into bryz 2.0 for them.

#200 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Believe it or not, Mason has been pretty good so far this season, top 10 in save percentage right now. I don't think he is the problem, to be honest. If the Flyers trade their first round pick for Miller, the Sabres will have 3 first rounders in the draft, and that's if they don't flip Moulson at the deadline, which they very well might.

The Sabres, who are generally a team that doesn't draft that early, have a ton of young talent coming up as it is. Grigorenko, Girgensons, Zadorov, and Ristolainen are all very recent picks that are looking like they can be really good. If they keep piling on the first rounders in this year's draft, they're going to be a scary team a few years down the road. I don't like it when franchises take this route, but it may work out for Buffalo if they do.

we've been hearing he same thing about the oilers for 3 years now and where has it got them. Youth does not win hockey games. In fact a lot of times it loses them.

Now if they are able to package and flip those prospects for veteran upgrades yes they could become a legitimate playoff contender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users