1873 replies to this topic

#361 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Nice shot by Clarkson, but wow you would've thought he just clinched the Stanley Cup with the call Toronto's PBP guy made, what a joke.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#362 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

i was getting nervous i didnt know if they were going to pull threw on that

The Rags have been playing well.  They just can't score.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#363 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

Detroit is falling apart. Florida and buffalo have been playing better hockey as of late

#364 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Detroit is falling apart. Florida and buffalo have been playing better hockey as of late

Losing Lidstrom turned them into a much worse team and I believe as Datsyuk and Zetterberg age, they will continue to fall.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#365 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

It's absolutely amazing how much better the West is than the East.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#366 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

was just going to post this lol.. not that anyone probably cares over here any more but i guess like you and i there are others that probably still like the guy.. his first as a leaf

I care and I like the guy, but it would make me happy to see him fail miserably.

#367 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

I care and I like the guy, but it would make me happy to see him fail miserably.

you care how the player does and you "like" him... but you want to see him fail miserably just because he isnt on this team anymore? lol i dont understand why you wouldnt want to see someone you like fail miserably thats pretty harsh
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#368 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

you care how the player does and you "like" him... but you want to see him fail miserably just because he isnt on this team anymore? lol i dont understand why you wouldnt want to see someone you like fail miserably thats pretty harsh

Because he ain't with us, so he's against us. And plus, maybe then he gets bought out and comes back home for half price.

#369 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Losing Lidstrom turned them into a much worse team and I believe as Datsyuk and Zetterberg age, they will continue to fall.

i agree and was looking forward to it since his retirement was inevitable.

the team isnt the lidstrom redwings was always the answer hah.

that and new division

Posted Image

#370 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

Right now datayuk and Henrik are playing good. Age yeah maybe they'll decline. Who knows? Dan Boyle has looked better as he gotten older it seems. Detroit will finish towards the top most apt but they won't go much further. And yeah Boston really isn't all that over rated. Their one of the best if not the best the east has. We're not like the west when it comes to having so many great teams. We got Pittsburgh and Boston and now Detroit (?). They went to the cup last year and won it recently. Can't be much over rated. Losing seguin may have hurt though. He's playing better then Erikson

i agree and was looking forward to it since his retirement was inevitable.

the team isnt the lidstrom redwings was always the answer hah.

that and new division

#371 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

Because he ain't with us, so he's against us. And plus, maybe then he gets bought out and comes back home for half price.

lol that is some wishful thinking!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#372 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

up for a good laugh boys ?

"I don’t know if there’s anyone else in the NHL that’s better than him".

- Ranger owner James Dolan on Glen Sather

www.SterioDesign.com

#373 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Maybe he means trading away garbage players for steals. like gomez for mcdonagh

Devils.

#374 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

That's music to my ears and every other Devils fan.  If the Rangers ever do win a Cup, we'll probably hear from JD how Sather had a [insert double-digit total]-year plan to win the Cup, and being a "meh"-ish kind of team for so long was by ingenious design. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#375 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

The Islanders are really sinking....giving up lots of goals, I could see them looking for some help on D

I dont know if that Vanek trade was a good deal for them

(wow they must have read this post as the Isle's tie up the Pens and Vanek has two goals)

Edited by The 29th Pick, 22 November 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#376 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

That's music to my ears and every other Devils fan. If the Rangers ever do win a Cup, we'll probably hear from JD how Sather had a [insert double-digit total]-year plan to win the Cup, and being a "meh"-ish kind of team for so long was by ingenious design.

Since the lock out Rangers management has been pretty good. At this point, you can generally count on them to make the playoffs and they'll usually win at least a round. The trades in recent years have been pretty good, obviously getting a steal in the McDonough trade. His free agent signings haven't been a calamity. And their drafting in recent years has been pretty good, Stepan in the second round, Callahan in the third or fourth, Girardi, Staal, Kreider, Dubinsky, Anisimov, all solid picks. Of course, Sather evidently has taken a back seat on draft day, which is at least a sign that he knows his limitations. (Although it looks like they blew it big time in passing on Fowler for McIlrath). All in all, they could probably do a lot worse than Sather.

The big test will be what happens with Lundqvist. If he bolts in free agency, it'll be an absolute calamity, and one that would have probably been preventable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#377 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

Good off night for the devils so far... Isles and caps both lose in regulation. A win tomorrow and a caps loss and we're tied for 2nd with a game in hand.

#378 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

Good off night for the devils so far... Isles and caps both lose in regulation. A win tomorrow and a caps loss and we're tied for 2nd with a game in hand.

The Sharks will be the best team the Devils have faced. Tough task.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#379 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

The Sharks will be the best team the Devils have faced. Tough task.

honestly not expecting 2 point tonight but im fine with walking away from this road trip with 4 out of a possible 6 points especially being that we stole the last 2.. trip was already a success.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#380 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

honestly not expecting 2 point tonight but im fine with walking away from this road trip with 4 out of a possible 6 points especially being that we stole the last 2.. trip was already a success.

Watch we play our best game of the road trip tonight and lose.......we could have lost the last two games the way we played, but didn't

but yeah 2 out of 3 would be OK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users