1873 replies to this topic

#521 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Surprised he wasn't absolutely mobbed with angry Canucks fans, regardless of who started it lol

#522 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Yea he said he's never going out in his hometown again. something like he'll never give back to them

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#523 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

Why couldn't Zach feel the same way about his hometown?  :(

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#524 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Is ovy going for sixty this year

#525 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Is ovy going for sixty this year

this morning on the radio the caps color guy claimed he will reach 70. Right now he's on pace for 70 but I've watched a lot of caps games and I just can't image he keeps it up... A lot of lucky goals like the one tonight. I'd wager that luck evens out eventually so 60 probably but 70 would be a stretch.

#526 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

Why couldn't Zach feel the same way about his hometown?   :(

Why are we still whining about Zach Parise like he's a god or something.  This is ridiculous.  Is it going to be 5 years down the road with us Devils fans, "Boy, we would have won the cup if we had Parise."  He's gone because he wanted to go, and I don't ever think about him.  The only redeeming quality he possesses that intrigues me to even remotely think about him is the fact that he is an American-born player who plays for my country in the Olympics.  He's gone

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#527 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Why are we still whining about Zach Parise like he's a god or something. This is ridiculous. Is it going to be 5 years down the road with us Devils fans, "Boy, we would have won the cup if we had Parise." He's gone because he wanted to go, and I don't ever think about him. The only redeeming quality he possesses that intrigues me to even remotely think about him is the fact that he is an American-born player who plays for my country in the Olympics. He's gone

I agree there is generally a large chorus of woe is us crowd complaining we lost players and yes it can get annoying, but 2 points in their defense:

1) the fact that we decided not to invest in zach hurts more in hindsight now that the guy we did decide to invest in abandoned us. In the end were probably better off cap wise without either of them, but it still stinks to now be empty handed.

2) parise was one of the top 5 forwards ever to play for the franchise. It's not like they're regretting losing Steve Sullivan here.

Again I don't like to harp on the loss of players and ifs and buts were candy and nuts and all, but it's not ridiculous to think about it, never mind make a brief joke or comment about it durimg a 3 day break of devils hockey.

#528 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

Why are we still whining about Zach Parise like he's a god or something.  This is ridiculous.  Is it going to be 5 years down the road with us Devils fans, "Boy, we would have won the cup if we had Parise."  He's gone because he wanted to go, and I don't ever think about him.  The only redeeming quality he possesses that intrigues me to even remotely think about him is the fact that he is an American-born player who plays for my country in the Olympics.  He's gone

It was a joke.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#529 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,177 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

Islanders really choked that game away. Wow.

How's this for a fun fact, last regulation win the islanders had was on november 12th, they have had only 2 wins since then, both in shootouts, wow lol

#530 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:43 AM

Islanders really choked that game away. Wow.

How's this for a fun fact, last regulation win the islanders had was on november 12th, they have had only 2 wins since then, both in shootouts, wow lol

is it the molson curse??? nah, just bad goaltending and defense

#531 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

is it the molson curse??? nah, just bad goaltending and defense

yeah i don't understand why they moved moulson for a slight upgrade at wing when they probably could have held on to him and used the same package closer to the deadline for a quality d man, or even goaltender like miller.

#532 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Ryane Clowe is targeting a return Friday against the Ducks, per @RandyJMiller.

www.SterioDesign.com

#533 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

Ryane Clowe is targeting a return Friday against the Ducks, per @RandyJMiller.

He plays for the Sharks amirite?

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#534 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

yeah i don't understand why they moved moulson for a slight upgrade at wing when they probably could have held on to him and used the same package closer to the deadline for a quality d man, or even goaltender like miller.

Because they make moves that keep then in a perpetual stage of rebuilding. It's really sad to see a once great franchise languish in obscurity for over 20 years.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#535 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Lundqvist now has 6 straight games of giving up 3 or more goals.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#536 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

I hate M.A. Fleury. I really do.

#537 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

I hate M.A. Fleury. I really do.

So do I.  He absolutely stonewalled us earlier, then he sh!ts the bed tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#538 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

So do I.  He absolutely stonewalled us earlier, then he sh!ts the bed tonight.

Pretty lousy playoff goalie too.  Was only really great in 2007-08.  Anywhere from bad to just OK otherwise.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#539 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Pretty lousy playoff goalie too.  Was only really great in 2007-08.  Anywhere from bad to just OK otherwise.

I'd be legitimately frightened of Pittsburgh if it wasn't for Fleury. If he has another bad Spring, they might be out goalie hunting or stop gapping for a year. I might want to lock up CS a year early if i were Lou. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 18 December 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#540 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'd be legitimately frightened of Pittsburgh if it wasn't for Fleury. If he has another bad Spring, they might be out goalie hunting or stop gapping for a year. I might want to lock up CS a year early if i were Lou. 

I thought they were destined for the SCF when they decided to go with Vokoun.  Vokoun made that team so much better.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users