1873 replies to this topic

#41 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Imagine the outcry if Hertl had been Russian. Classless, showboating, making a mockery of the game.

What I see out of the kid is that he enjoys the game. If people hate the kid for that, then I don't know what to say.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#42 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

My god the blues crowd is awesome in the game vs Chicago right now

#43 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

Why can't we have a Tomas Hertl?

Well, if we did, I bet he'd be watching games next to Tedenby.

But in all seriousness I agree, it seems like a while since we've had a highly talented prospect projected to be a definite top-line guy.

#44 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

See guys, we're not the only team who blows 3 goal leads.  LA just did tonight against Ottawa.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#45 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

i watched the Habs/Flames game last night, the flames are playing some good hockey honestly, Monahan and Baertschi are playing really well

www.SterioDesign.com

#46 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

i watched the Habs/Flames game last night, the flames are playing some good hockey honestly, Monahan and Baertschi are playing really well

are you trying to tell us to be prepared to go 0-5 on friday
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#47 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

See guys, we're not the only team who blows 3 goal leads.  LA just did tonight against Ottawa.

LA still managed to win the game, though.  They didn't just roll over.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#48 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Stop it now. New Jersey went behind 4-3 in Calgary and tied it up with a shorthanded goal. They were down against the Isles and tied it up in the 3rd.

Losing games in a shootout is never rolling over. 

Edit: Meant to say Edmonton instead of Calgary.

Edited by devilsrule33, 10 October 2013 - 05:06 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#49 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Stop it now. New Jersey went behind 4-3 in Calgary and tied it up with a shorthanded goal. They were down against the Isles and tied it up in the 3rd.

Losing games in a shootout is never rolling over. 

You mean Edmonton, correct?

And I'm not trying to be overly negative, but be real.  That game is one lucky bounce off a skate from a regulation loss, the team was completely out of it after the 4 goals in 7 minutes.  I wasn't really speaking with the game against the Isles in mind, but yes, you're right about that one.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 10 October 2013 - 10:21 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#50 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'm kind of in disbelief that so many people are crying foul on Hertl's goal and effort. That kind of skill and confidence needs to be embraced, not shunned. I thought it was awesome goal, whether the score was 9-2, 1-4, or 2-1. I really don't care. Okay, so when the score is a blowout, assume the team that's down team has stopped trying so the team that is up has to match their sh!t effort? If that's the case, just instate a mercy rule that ends the game or allow the team to forfeit. If the rags didn't like the move, then they should have done something, like get off the team bus, to prevent it from happening along with the other 3 he scored. If Patrick Kane had done it, I doubt people would be so butt hurt.

815631765.gif

#51 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

How would Joe Thornton celebrate a 4 goal game?

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

#52 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

yeah i dont get the whining either lol i mean there's an in between of celebrations and stuff you can do and cannot do. but goals like that are what will sell the game to new fans in the US, exciting goals and plays. 

and the Thornton comment is fvcking gold lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#53 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'm kind of in disbelief that so many people are crying foul on Hertl's goal and effort. That kind of skill and confidence needs to be embraced, not shunned. I thought it was awesome goal, whether the score was 9-2, 1-4, or 2-1. I really don't care. Okay, so when the score is a blowout, assume the team that's down team has stopped trying so the team that is up has to match their sh!t effort? If that's the case, just instate a mercy rule that ends the game or allow the team to forfeit. If the rags didn't like the move, then they should have done something, like get off the team bus, to prevent it from happening along with the other 3 he scored. If Patrick Kane had done it, I doubt people would be so butt hurt.

I couldnt agree more. Its a professional sport, its not two little league teams, if the rangers gave a full effort like professionals than it wouldnt have happened.

Marek malik did the SAME move in a shootout showing what a mockery the shootout is. Well hertl was showing what a mockery the rangers goaltending and defense was that night. Its just like a couple years back when the patriots were putting up 50 points a game, if you dont like it, stop them. Simple as that. A little poor sportsmanship is exciting. If the rangers wanted to gain respect, after that goal is scored, go out there and run the goalie, throw a dirty hit. Dont let your star foward get hit in the jaw (which looked like a legal hit to me) and get sh!t on by a rookie and simply take it lying down with your cheeks spread. The flyers used to do it, the '86 mets did it, it shows character and toughness. Is everyone gunna like it, of course not, but you're out there to be successful, not make friends.

#54 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

How would Joe Thornton celebrate a 4 goal game?

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

Hahaha I now love joe thornton. This is how reporters asking pointless questions should be responded to.

#55 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

That is fvcking hilarious.  Jumbo Joe strikes again

believe-ll.jpg

#56 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Was Hertl showboating?  Of course he was.

Was it disrespectful and over the top?  I don't think so, especially compared to how some NFL players react when they score a touchdown, make a first down or sack a QB.

#57 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Joe Thornton made me spit out my milk hahaha..

#58 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Urbom playing for the caps tonight..Unloaded a monster slapper in the 1st. 

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#59 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

We didn't either.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#60 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Dude, what the hell happened to the Rags this year? This isn't "just a slow start"... 9-2 the other night, and now 3-0 in the 1st period already against Anaheim... Something's up over there. I'm thinking we were all right about Lundqvist not being that good a goalie without the shot-blocking and the big pads. That's not my Devils fan rivalry-cynicism speaking, it just seems to be the case.

Even guys like McDonagh are just... slow, and out of position every time. Seems like they're not even trying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users