1873 replies to this topic

#781 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

Islanders and jackets pulled it off. Since Horton's been back Columbus has been playing really good.

glad the isles ended up beating the rags tonight..hopefully that taints their little hot streak that they have rolling
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#782 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

Washington is a hot mess right now.  Must take advantage on Friday.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#783 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Amazing goalie performance by pavelac.

#784 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

Washington is a hot mess right now.  Must take advantage on Friday.

3-7-5 in their last 15 GP.  That's pretty bad for sure.  Been outscored 15-5 in their last four too.  They're probably due to break out for a win or two, but their schedule is brutal...they have a 5-game road trip coming up that starts on Friday, and they haven't been a good road team this season.  They also only have 14 regulation wins in 50 GP.

And the Leafs just refuse to fall apart, even though all of the numbers say that they should.  A 9-4 record in the shootout is helping their cause (as is a 2-1 OT record), but it's kind of a miracle they keep getting to shootouts in the first place.  Hard to believe they don't lose more games in regulation than they do.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#785 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

3-7-5 in their last 15 GP.  That's pretty bad for sure.  Been outscored 15-5 in their last four too.  They're probably due to break out for a win or two, but their schedule is brutal...they have a 5-game road trip coming up that starts on Friday, and they haven't been a good road team this season.  They also only have 14 regulation wins in 50 GP.

Caps record early on was very much smoke and mirrors but as weird as it sounds their 5v5 play is trending in the right direction the past couple of weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn it around fairly soon.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#786 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Del Zotto to Nashville.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#787 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Caps have relied heavily on the shootout.  While our record is deceiving because we suck in the shootout, their record is deceiving because they were great in the shootout.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#788 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

SiriusXM NHL Network @SiriusXMNHL 1m

BREAKING NEWS As per @LavoieRenaud Michael Del Zotto traded to the Nashville Predators.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 2m

Del Zotto to Nashville for Kevin Klein. Pending trade call. #TSN

Edited by Daniel, 22 January 2014 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#789 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Del Zotto to Nashville.

Woah!  What's the return?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#790 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Kevin Klein is the return.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#791 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

I'll be honest, don't know much about Klein.  Doesn't seem to bring much to the stat sheet, guessing he's a shutdown guy?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#792 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

I'll be honest, don't know much about Klein.  Doesn't seem to bring much to the stat sheet, guessing he's a shutdown guy?

One of those deals that looks a little odd at quick glance...Klein is six years older, and yeah, doesn't wow on the stat sheet.  Guessing both GMs think the guy they're trading for will be a better fit for their respective teams.  Del Zotto was apparently in and out of Vigneault's doghouse most of the season, and had just been benched for a couple of games not too long ago, so I'm guessing he just wasn't meshing with AV's gameplan.  Nashville probably likes DZ's potential offensive upside...young defensemen who put up 41 points in any given season aren't that easy to find (though DZ clearly has holes in his game...there's a reason why he was available). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 22 January 2014 - 02:12 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#793 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Kind of a nothing trade IMO... I guess Nashville gets the younger player with more potential and the rangers get a guy actually capable of playing defense, (albeit ideally as a 3rd pairing).

I don't see a real winner or loser here unless someone knows more about Klein than his stats and contract.

#794 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Pretty much.  But the Rags needed a RH dman.  That being said, they don't have any true offensive d-men.  But in the end, I think both teams ended up winning this.  If there's one team that can turn Del Zotto into a star, it's the Preds.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#795 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Horrible trade by the Rangers, especially not getting a pick in return. Klein is a solid stay at home Dman, but Del Zotto has alot of potential.

Edited by devlman, 22 January 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#796 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Good trade for NYR, Klein is terribly underrated. Rangers were not high on DZ and his trade value is low. They get a solid dman in return on a good contract. People saying its a bad trade has never watched Klein play.

Edited by Zubie#8, 22 January 2014 - 03:07 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#797 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Nashville wins this one only if Del Zotto re-signs and reaches his potential as a top-4 offensive D-man (which is all very very very possible in Nashville, especially working under a guy Shea Weber).

If those things don't happen, even then the trade is a draw. Rangers don't "win" anything here, it just wreaks of them losing patience with a potentially good young player for whatever reason, and getting minimal return for him. They don't gain anything to address their needs by getting Klein.

My Rangers friends say there were probably some locker room issues, he liked to party and may have had a coke habit.

#798 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

This is how he looked when he found out he was traded.

97-33.jpg

#799 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Good trade for NYR, Klein is terribly underrated. Rangers were not high on DZ and his trade value is low. They get a solid dman in return on a good contract. People saying its a bad trade has never watched Klein play.

I don't watch Klein play and I've said it looks to me an even trade but can you enlighten me as to klein's benefits- just going by the numbers the guy has been the worst dman on Nashville this year and it's not close. In my head I picture him as a mark fayne type... Is that far off?

Again I don't think the rangers necessarily lose the deal because delzotto was obviously gone and they get a rhd signed long term in case girardi goes.

#800 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

Ive watched Klein play a lot. Hes decent. Nothing more. Nothing the Rags couldnt have picked up on the waiver wire somewhere. Hes also 29, and DZ is 23 and a great skater.  

Nashville wins this one only if Del Zotto re-signs and reaches his potential as a top-4 offensive D-man (which is all very very very possible in Nashville, especially working under a guy Shea Weber).

If those things don't happen, even then the trade is a draw. Rangers don't "win" anything here, it just wreaks of them losing patience with a potentially good young player for whatever reason, and getting minimal return for him. They don't gain anything to address their needs by getting Klein.

My Rangers friends say there were probably some locker room issues, he liked to party and may have had a coke habit.

Well said. If he had a coke habit, well then...yeah lol

Edited by devlman, 22 January 2014 - 05:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users