#822 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

Good night for the Devils.

And let me say, if the Devils become mathematically eliminated, I'm pulling for the jackets. Really like that roster, and their fans deserve some success.

Long way off until that point though obviously.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#823 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

Stalock looks real solid.

#824 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,920 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

Rags cooling down heading into the Stadium Series...good

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#825 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:57 AM

Good night for the Devils.

And let me say, if the Devils become mathematically eliminated, I'm pulling for the jackets. Really like that roster, and their fans deserve some success.

Long way off until that point though obviously.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tough to dislike an underdog like that.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#826 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Sharks extend both Jumbo Joe and Marleau on pretty reasonable deals.  Good for them.

Can't believe the Sharks haven't been to the SCF recently with all that talent over there.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#827 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Flyers are horrible...

#828 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Wow isles just got a goal overturned in OT. No way was that a kick. More proof nhl war room is a joke. But whatever if it helps us down the road.

#829 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Wow isles just got a goal overturned in OT. No way was that a kick. More proof nhl war room is a joke. But whatever if it helps us down the road.

That was one of the worst video reviews I've ever seen. The officiating on and off the ice is astoundingly absurd.

#830 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Can't agree more with you two about that goal being over turned. It was clear as day that he didn't try to kick it. Its amazing how these reviews are all over the place.

At some point they should just waive off everything that goes off a foot at least then it would be consistent.

#831 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Well he wasn't trying to kick it in, but there was that motion they don't want. It is exactly like the Parise goal that was overturned against the Islanders.

http://prohockeytalk...on-his-no-goal/

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#832 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Miller has been my favorite non devil the last 3 weeks. If Washington, Winnipeg and Buffalo win this could be my ideal night.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#833 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

so Flyers lots (a lot) today, Colombus is losing right now with less than a period to play. If we win tomorrow we're back in the mix for now

www.SterioDesign.com

#834 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

Here's my rule proposal.

1. Pucks that are either flat on the ice or rolling on the ice that go off a skate and into the net shall be ruled as no goal.

• My reasoning for this is that 95% of the controversies with kicked in goals involve a puck on the ice.  This rule would remove most grey area.  It would mean the goal today, the Gallagher goal against the Devils, the Gallagher goal against the Rangers, the Janssen goal against the Rangers, etc would all be called off by this rule.

2. Pucks that are elevated that happen to bounce off the skate boot shall be ruled a goal provided the skate stays planted on the ice.

• My reasoning here is that it's really difficult to kick in a goal with an elevated puck with the skate planted to the ice.  That way we can almost assure it's not on purpose.  Also, the fact that a player has to keep his skate planted fixes the safety issue.  It means no worrying about getting sliced by a skate.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#835 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

so Colorado turned down a trade offer : Parenteau for Bourque... 

Well OBVIOUSLY you turn down that offer but it means that Parenteau is available and he has a really good contract i find. Lou should look into this IMO

www.SterioDesign.com

#836 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Well OBVIOUSLY you turn down that offer but it means that Parenteau is available and he has a really good contract i find. Lou should look into this IMO

I kind of like Parenteau but I wonder if we really want to acquire another player on the wrong side of his prime and stick him on his off-wing. Plus there's the return to discuss as well, which I reckon would be young defensemen and I'm not sure whom I'd give up just yet.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#837 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

I've heard something similar to this too. Do you have a reliable source? I ask because I would be very interested in Parenteau, especially if he can play LW. Also, I read somewhere that Montreal turned down this trade, so who knows how much truth there is to this.

I also heard that he was scratched only because Roy wanted to rest him during a busy stretch since he just come back from injury. This makes a bit more sense to me.

#838 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

I've heard something similar to this too. Do you have a reliable source? I ask because I would be very interested in Parenteau, especially if he can play LW. Also, I read somewhere that Montreal turned down this trade, so who knows how much truth there is to this.

I also heard that he was scratched only because Roy wanted to rest him during a busy stretch since he just come back from injury. This makes a bit more sense to me.

Rumour came out early that Bergevin turned down an offer that would have brought a Quebecer to the Habs, then it was later announce it was Parenteau, then it was later said it was Bourque. Then it was released that Colorado turned down the offer and not Bergevin. Which made a lot more sense. But bunch of reputated reporters like Reno Lavoie reported it

www.SterioDesign.com

#839 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

I really liked Parenteau when he was on the Isles, really thought we should've taken a run at signing him when he was UFA.. I don't think it's a matter of him not being in his prime, I think he'd compliment the Devils system well.

#840 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Parenteau is nice but he's not Merrill or Larsson nice. They'd probably want a prospect or pick or combo and I don't know what we have that would entice them outside if those two and gelinas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users