General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

fvcking Rags.

15-5-1 in their last 21 games.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#922 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

Rangers put a lot of shots on goal lately
Posted Image

#923 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,056 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

At least Winnipeg helped us out. Thanks Winnipeg.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#924 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Islanders win!  They were able to successfully protect their 1-0 lead btw.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#925 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

We're getting help tonight.

Washington and Carolina both lost.

St. Louis is beating Ottawa, and Florida is beating Toronto.

Unfortunately, Calgary is losing 1-0 to the Habs and the Rags won.

If the Ottawa and Toronto scores hold up, we got help in 4 out of the 6 games.  Not too bad.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#926 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

fvck St. Louis. Seriously.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#927 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,393 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

Friggin' Blews     

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#928 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:30 AM

We got help in 3 out of 6 tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#929 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:33 AM

I knew Avs were gonna lose. It just felt so...typical.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#930 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:46 AM

Nice in that at least the number of games played is evening out:

Detroit:  56 GP, 62 Pts

Philly:  57 GP, 62 Pts

Ottawa:  57 GP, 61 Pts

Carolina:  55 GP, 59 Pts

Devils:  57 GP, 59 Pts

Wash:  57 GP, 59 Pts

Still a bitch though.  The Devils are going to have to play well for a while to start making a real dent in the standings.

By the time the Devils play their next game, Detroit will have played another game, so at least the Devils will know whether they're three, four, or five points back of the final playoff spot with an equal number of games having been played by both Detroit and the Devils.  I rarely throw out the "must win" cards, but it really feels like the Devils need to win the next two games before the break.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#931 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:52 AM

I'd say it's minimum 3 points out of the next 4 (as much as another ot/so loss would blow) If they go into the Olympic break with 62 points they should be ok

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#932 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

I'd say it's minimum 3 points out of the next 4 (as much as another ot/so loss would blow) If they go into the Olympic break with 62 points they should be ok

Marty will probably get a game.  I'd rather it be against Ovy than the quartet of Hall, Eberle, RNH, and Yakupov.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#933 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

Marty will probably get a game. I'd rather it be against Ovy than the quartet of Hall, Eberle, RNH, and Yakupov.

is don't see why Cory couldn't start both but if he doesn't is rather he play against the caps- if we're going to risk giving points away id rather it be to western teams.

#934 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

is don't see why Cory couldn't start both but if he doesn't is rather he play against the caps- if we're going to risk giving points away id rather it be to western teams.

Cory will have had three days off by the time he starts on Friday, and will have a hell of a lot of time off after Saturday.  Sorry Marty, but under those circumstances there's no way I'm putting in a guy who's 40th in save% in either of those two games over the guy who's 7th (and 2nd in GAA).

Marty will start some games after the break, with the compressed schedule.  Hopefully he surprises and the Devils at the very least break even in them. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#935 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

well it look more and more like Vanek want to sign with the Wild this summer... his wife is from there and seems like it was the plan all along... fvck Minny.

Why is no one from NJ or has wifes from here???? lol i wish Bobby ryan and Van Riemsdyk would get home sick too. 

Thats a pretty nasty forward lineup they built there.

Parise Koivu Pominville

Vanek Granlund Niederreiter

Zucker Coyle Fontaine

Cooke Brodziak Rupp

Suter Brodin

Spurgeon Scandella

Stoner Dumba

Edited by SterioDesign, 06 February 2014 - 08:28 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#936 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

http://www.sportsclu.../NewJersey.html

Showing a 42.7% of making the playoffs. 

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#937 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

well it look more and more like Vanek want to sign with the Wild this summer... his wife is from there and seems like it was the plan all along... fvck Minny.

Why is no one from NJ or has wifes from here???? lol i wish Bobby ryan and Van Riemsdyk would get home sick too. 

Thats a pretty nasty forward lineup they built there.

Parise Koivu Pominville

Vanek Granlund Niederreiter

Zucker Coyle Fontaine

Cooke Brodziak Rupp

Suter Brodin

Spurgeon Scandella

Stoner Dumba

Can they fit that lineup under the cap even?  I really don't have any clue as to what their cap situation is.

#938 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Can they fit that lineup under the cap even?  I really don't have any clue as to what their cap situation is.

Looks like a little under $22 mil to spend next season, accoring to capgeek.  They have a big contract coming off the books in Heatley's.  They have four RFAs, but no major UFAs to worry about. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 06 February 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#939 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

lol i wish Bobby ryan and Van Riemsdyk would get home sick too. 

Both Flyers fans, right??  :doh1:

#940 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Can they fit that lineup under the cap even? I really don't have any clue as to what their cap situation is.

they would essentially be switching heatley for vanek so yes they can fit it. But they will then have 5 players taking up more then half of their cap. 5 years from now they may have 4 Danny heatleys in pominville, parise, suter and vanek.

Funny thing is that I don't think by adding vanek it really makes them a legit threat in that division...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users