#1021 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice:
DeBoer said team's desire to create more offense is reflected in Gelinas and Merrill playing tonight and Volchenkov sitting.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1022 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

Haha Sean Avery is going to be on Dancing with the Stars: http://pagesix.com/2...with-the-stars/

#1023 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Haha Sean Avery is going to be on Dancing with the Stars: http://pagesix.com/2...with-the-stars/

Here's his partner for the competition...

rs_634x1024-140201123928-634.Maksim-Chme

Posted Image

#1024 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

Pavelski with the hat trick, 5-2

#1025 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Thank you San Jose for destroying the Flyers tonight
Wow. Two goals for Florida in about two minutes to tie it up against Washington in the 3rd. Let's go Panthers!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1026 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Blackhawks who play us like it's game 7 of the Cup Finals, promptly roll over and die to the Rags

Wings won, at least it was against the Senators

Dallas up 2-0 on Carolina in the 1st intermission. Hopefully that holds

Caps and Panther 4-4 in the 3rd. Hopefully the Panthers pull that out in regulation.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1027 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Chicago is useless.

#1028 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Nashville helped us tonight by beating Tampa.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1029 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

Chicago is useless.

When there could be any benefit to us from the Blackhawks winning a game, they roll over and die. I've been keeping track too. I don't think they've won one game they really should have, when it would've benefitted us.

#1030 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

When there could be any benefit to us from the Blackhawks winning a game, they roll over and die. I've been keeping track too. I don't think they've won one game they really should have, when it would've benefitted us.

Blackhawks have been pretty ordinary since the New Year...just 7-5-7 in 2014.  OT and SO games haven't been kind to them lately:  they're 0-4 in OT and 1-3 in SOs in that time frame. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1031 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Over the next month and a half it's going to be a rare night when all the oot scores go our way, but all this team needs is to take care of it's own business.

#1032 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

Over the next month and a half it's going to be a rare night when all the oot scores go our way, but all this team needs is to take care of it's own business.

92 points.  12-5-5 or something like that the rest of the way.  I agree, they do that, and it probably won't matter what everyone else does. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1033 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

92 points. 12-5-5 or something like that the rest of the way. I agree, they do that, and it probably won't matter what everyone else does.

exactly. Yeah it sucks to look at last night and see The wings, rangers and caps all win but if we can just get to 92 we're in good shape.

#1034 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Nothing of importance tonight so let's do Saturday

Flyers-Rags- Ideal outcome is Rags in regulation. Though if it's a 3 point game and we win we'd still gain a smidge on one of 'em but that's not what we want. Flyers regulation win here wouldn't be a tragedy though as we'd still be 3 behind Philly and 4 behind NYR. 

Hurricanes-Kings - Need Kings in regulation. Need distance between us and Carolina

Panthers-Blue Jackets - Need Panthers in regulation

Capitals Bruins- Need Bruins in regulation

Habs-Leafs - meh, Toronto is 8 up on us. Wouldn't hurt if they lose in reg and we win on the Island to get that gap to 6. Not really a game to keep an eye on

Edited by '7', 28 February 2014 - 01:03 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1035 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

It's be nice if any of the hurricanes, sens, caps and jackets lose a few before the deadline to at least discourage their gms from adding.

#1036 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

sigh... just to think that a few years ago we we're looking at standing almost as worried as we are now but simply cause we wanted to have home ice advantage for the playoffs or some luxury like that lol how spoiled we became

www.SterioDesign.com

#1037 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

sigh... just to think that a few years ago we we're looking at standing almost as worried as we are now but simply cause we wanted to have home ice advantage for the playoffs or some luxury like that lol how spoiled we became

Happens to everyone eventually, even if some can't accept that.  Even the Yankees and Canadiens, two of the most successful franchises in all of sports, have been through downturns.  Look at the bright side...at least the Devils are still in the playoff conversation.  There was a time when they were toast by the quarter-way point of the season.  Anyone who's been watching the Devils since they first came to NJ has only seen one extended period of complete irrelevance, and that was over 25 years ago.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 28 February 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#1038 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,957 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

Ouch..Luongo isn't getting the "Outdoor" game in Vancouver.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1039 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

that's just bizarre 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1040 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

There's another outdoor game in Vancouver?
They are really beating this outdoor thing to death this year.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users