1873 replies to this topic

#1121 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

That offense disappears then. So we can.

We won't be able to handle Pittsburgh O.

#1122 PuckDon't Lie

PuckDon't Lie

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:46 AM

That offense disappears then. So we can.

I think that's a little overly-optimistic. Crosby, Malkin and Neal don't just disappear.

#1123 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:06 AM

Malkin disappears in the big game even pens fans know it and himself do. Onxd post season comes the Pittsburgh Penguins are a totally different squad of players, plain and simple.

#1124 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:30 AM

Exactly.  Tie breakers don't come into play until we get to like 5 games remaining into the season.  Same thing goes for games in hand.

Realistically we don't have to worry about losing a tiebreaker to Detroit, Washington, or Ottawa unless the Devils start miraculously winning shootout games. With everyone else, it's too close to waste time speculating this far out.

Our odds improve if at least one of Tampa, NY, or Philly collapses. That would put both wildcard spots and/or 3rd place in the division in contention. Tampa could easily fall out of contention by the end of the month (if the Devils beat them and they lose to non-bubble teams like Boston, Phoenix, Florida, Vancouver, Toronto, Pittsburgh, etc.).

Posted Image

#1125 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

Look at that stupid Russian, #87. Lazy backcheck and -5 on the night. He should go home and play in the No Backcheck Hockey League back home in Russia.

842427950.gif

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#1126 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

I think that's a little overly-optimistic. Crosby, Malkin and Neal don't just disappear.

We can shut down that offense.  We've proven that time and time again.  Our system just gives the Penguins fits, and their defense can't handle it.  They don't have a gritty defense, and if we play physical, it tends to cause them a lot of problems.

Realistically we don't have to worry about losing a tiebreaker to Detroit, Washington, or Ottawa unless the Devils start miraculously winning shootout games. With everyone else, it's too close to waste time speculating this far out.

Our odds improve if at least one of Tampa, NY, or Philly collapses. That would put both wildcard spots and/or 3rd place in the division in contention. Tampa could easily fall out of contention by the end of the month (if the Devils beat them and they lose to non-bubble teams like Boston, Phoenix, Florida, Vancouver, Toronto, Pittsburgh, etc.).

I can definitely see Tampa and Philly collapse.  I don't see the Rags collapsing though.  Tampa without St. Louis imo is gonna end up sinking them.  Stamkos coming back is great, but St. Louis truly was the heart of that team.  They've been very inconsistent in 2014.  Philly has the potential for a collapse simply because of their brutal schedule.

I have this feeling this team is done playing down to weaker opponents.  We have no choice actually.  I see a different swagger with this team since coming back from the break.  Hopefully it continues.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1127 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

crosby-controller-disconnected.gif

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#1128 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:56 AM

Brilliant.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#1129 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

Brilliant.

Have you seen the Ovechkin one?  The OV one is the true legendary one on HF.  It actually spread to media outlets as well and certain blogs.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1130 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

3/7/14

Go Carolina!

3/8/14

Go Winnipeg!

Go 60 minute game (PHI vs TOR)!

Go Boston!

Go Phoenix!

Go Nashville!

Go San Jose!

3/9/14

Go 60 minute game (DET vs NYR)!

Edited by Mike Brown, 07 March 2014 - 07:04 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1131 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

If we make the playoffs, I want Pittsburgh badly!  Pittsburgh D won't be able to handle us!

ever hear of that old saying.. becareful what you wish for?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1132 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

Awful night for the Devils

Blow a 3-2 lead to Detroit after coming back from 2-0

Rags down 2-1 to Carolina with about 8 minutes to go in the 3rd. Do they lose? Of course not. 4-2 Rags

Devils now 5 points behind NY and 4 points Detroit. The season is dwindling away

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1133 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Rags down 2-1 to Carolina with about 8 minutes to go in the 3rd. Do they lose? Of course not. 4-2 Rags

Devils now 5 points behind NY and 4 points Detroit. The season is dwindling away

This season can go fvck itself. Whatever can go wrong does.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1134 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

awesome.

Yes I do remember seeing the Ovi one I just can't remember it. I'd love if someone found it

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1135 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

We just can't get over that proverbial hump.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1136 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

That's why the Devils and Carolina are where they are. They are mediocre teams that find/invent ways to beat themselves.

#1137 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

That's why the Devils and Carolina are where they are. They are mediocre teams that find/invent ways to beat themselves.

Honestly the main reason why I'm not freaking out about the devils is that while I thought they would be a playoff team before the season started, there was a piece of me that feared that the team could also be hot garbage. Well they are not quite hot garbage but not a playoff team either.

They are as mediocre as they come. At least patty and henrique are getting it going.

#1138 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

Honestly the main reason why I'm not freaking out about the devils is that while I thought they would be a playoff team before the season started, there was a piece of me that feared that the team could also be hot garbage. Well they are not quite hot garbage but not a playoff team either.

They are as mediocre as they come. At least patty and henrique are getting it going.

Don't forget the good over 40 guy on the team:  Jagr

#1139 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

Fyi the Rags and Wings play each other next, so you can pretty much bet it will be a 3 pointer (though the Devils would gain on one or the other if they win tomorrow regardless)

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1140 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,884 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

lol if the Rangers get two and the Wings get one, even if we win we'd be four behind both of them.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users