1873 replies to this topic

#1201 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,880 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

I'm sure of three things: we all die, we all pay taxes, and Brian Gionta will be a Devil again July 1.

there's no way this doesnt happen

www.SterioDesign.com

#1202 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,295 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

God no...nothing against Gio, had some nice moments here, but I don't need to see his patented logo-seekers anymore. I'm so through with ex-Devils coming back here and being shells of what they were.

That would make two of us... But this is Lou we're talking about. You can write that sh!t down.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1203 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

Honestly I don't see the spot for Gio Senior unless we just make Ryder or Brunner disappear. Or Jagr leaves and Gio's the replacement which would be retarded though not unexpected.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1204 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,295 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

And with Brian means more Stephen. If Pete's still here, we'll have a new version of the EGG line- Elias-Gionta-Gionta. I can't wait to bump this thread when it happens lmao.

#1205 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Article about Gio's declining offensive abilities:

http://www.habsaddic...-long-gone.html

I have a funny feeling he's coming back here this offseason...something like a two or three year deal. Hopefully not.

if he does come back it realistically can only happen if one of Brunner or Ryder is gone or jagr isn't re-signed. I don't think Lou is foolish enough to lose jagr and bring in gionta as his replacement.

Hypothetically, if we use Brunner or Ryder as a sweetener to a package deal to get a top line player, I would be fine bringing in gionta on a one or 2 year deal as the 3rd line rw.

#1206 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,110 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

And with Brian means more Stephen. If Pete's still here, we'll have a new version of the EGG line- Elias-Gionta-Gionta. I can't wait to bump this thread when it happens lmao.

Gionta is coming back...I'll put my Lou speak on: "Without question, Stephen is a player we wanted to re-sign. We have the utmost respect for everything he has accomplished in this organization from where he started, and there was never even a thought that he would not be coming back. Certainly, when you talk about the high character brother duos like the Pandolfos', the Parise's, the Zajacs...Stephen and Brian are right up there. There's no question, you don't replace the character of a Stephen Gionta on or off the ice, and we didn't want to try. Certainly, when you think of all the qualities you want in a son, you think of a Martin Brodeur....and then, well there's no then. I just wanted to mention Marty in here. But yes, without question, Stephen has some of those qualities as well, certainly.

Reporter: Since you brought up Brian, is there a chance that he might be reuniting with the organization and play with his brother?

Lou: No comment.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1207 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,880 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

annnnnnd Brodeur will start against the Flyers...... lol ohhhhh DeBoer.... you're one special puppy

www.SterioDesign.com

#1208 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,295 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

annnnnnd Brodeur will start against the Flyers...... lol ohhhhh DeBoer.... you're one special puppy

Of course he will. This surprises you?

#1209 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,880 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Of course he will. This surprises you?

of course not lol but someone had to report it

www.SterioDesign.com

#1210 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Not surprising. Marty's won a few in a row, and Cory's been shaky since the break.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1211 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Not surprising. Marty's won a few in a row, and Cory's been shaky since the break.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Correction

1. Both Marty and Cory have been shaky since the break.
  2. The team and more specifically offense has gotten several wins in a row when Marty happened to be in net.

Edited by DJ Eco, 10 March 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#1212 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,295 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

of course not lol but someone had to report it

I thought Cory might get the start when TG said he was first on the ice this morning, but alas... Nope.

#1213 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,498 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

I'd rather have the Ruutu deal than that Gionta deal by a wide margin.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#1214 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,103 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

:doh1:

So I guess that huge string of excellent hockey just never happened in DeBoers mind? A little hiccup and all of a sudden Cory is on the bench again?

Does he remember how pathetic Brodeur looked on the Semin goal? Or the stoppable Harrison goal he let go by? Or the stoppable goals he allowed to Detroit during the supposed farewell game. The fact that the Devils occasionally bail Marty out does not make him the deserving starter. Remember him sh!tting the bed against NYR, early in the season letting softy after softy go by and costing us points against Edmonton and Calgary.

Please Pete explain to me why Mr .898 is playing over Mr .918?

Edited by '7', 10 March 2014 - 01:41 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1215 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,295 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

:doh1:

So I guess that huge string of excellent hockey just never happened in DeBoers mind? A little hiccup and all of a sudden Cory is on the bench again?

Does he remember how pathetic Brodeur looked on the Semin goal? Or the stoppable Harrison goal he let go by? Or the stoppable goals he allowed to Detroit during the supposed farewell game. The fact that the Devils occasionally bail Marty out does not make him the deserving starter. Remember him sh!tting the bed against NYR, early in the season letting softy after softy go by and costing us points against Edmonton and Calgary.

Please Pete explain to me why Mr .898 is playing over Mr .918?

Wins brah. Not a stats guy brah.

#1216 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,103 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

Wins brah. Not a stats guy brah.

Can you imagine Pete choosing his starter for game 7 of the world series.

Yes let's go with the 41 year old vet and his 16-9 record and 5.12 era. Run support? What's that. No that punk kid and his 9-9 record and 2.10 era can go fvck himself. not an ace!

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1217 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

It's clear, to me at least, that Lou's calling the shots now on this Brodeur/Schneider situation. Given what Marty's said in the past two weeks, I'm thinking DeBoer's just focusing his energy on offense while Lou's got the stranglehold on the goaltending situation. I don't think DeBoer's as bone-headed as you guys think he is, the Marty situation (and Lou's "like a son" comment) screams of a little something more than coach-related.

Edited by DJ Eco, 10 March 2014 - 02:00 PM.

#1218 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,103 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

All I know is that if they botch this season because they don't want to harm the ego of our flaky, crybaby washed up goaltender...then Lou, Deboer, and Marty should all be shown the door this offseason

Winning games is more important than hurt feelings. Lou used to realize this. I'm not sure he does anymore

Edited by '7', 10 March 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#1219 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,110 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

All I know is that if they botch this season because they don't want to harm the ego of our flaky, crybaby washed up goaltender...then Lou, Deboer, and Marty should all be shown the door this offseason

Winning games is more important than hurt feelings. Lou used to realize this. I'm not sure he does anymore

The biggest issue with this whole season is that Brodeur has more wins. No one in the organization can get past this. If the goal support was swapped for the two, this entire goalie debate would be done with. Sadly/thankfully, Brodeur wins 4-3 and 5-4...a lot.

Now lets take this talk out of the one thread on this forum that isn't supposed to be about the Devils.

Edited by devilsrule33, 10 March 2014 - 02:09 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1220 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

I can understand this if Marty was actually playing well.  But in both of the games he's played, he's let in multiple stoppable goals.  2 of the 3 goals Detroit scored should have been stopped imo.  And 3 of the 4 against Carolina should have been stopped.  When Cory gave up 7, I can pin maybe 2 of those goals on him.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users