1873 replies to this topic

#1221 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

Not surprising. Marty's won a few in a row, and Cory's been shaky since the break.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

More like Marty happened to be in net when the Devils scored 6, 4, and 5 goals.  Not too hard to be the "winning" netminder with that kind of support. 

Anyway, Washington, Columbus, and Ottawa all in action tonight.  Columbus and Ottawa will be even-up in GP with the Devils after tonight, FWIW.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1222 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Correction

1. Both Marty and Cory have been shaky since the break.
  2. The team and more specifically offense has gotten several wins in a row when Marty happened to be in net.

More like Marty happened to be in net when the Devils scored 6, 4, and 5 goals.  Not too hard to be the "winning" netminder with that kind of support. 

Oh no trust me, I agree with you guys - there's no way Marty deserves the start tonight.  I want Cory in there as bad as you guys do, I just meant this isn't surprising with PDB as our coach.  He just chooses to ignore statistics and go with simple wins and losses.  Unfortunately, Marty's been gifted three wins, while Cory hasn't single-handedly won games since the break.

I think we all knew, deep down, after that Carolina game that Marty would be getting the Flyers.  Unfortunately.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1223 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Rooting interests tonight

Penguins-Caps = Pens in regulation

Blue Jackets-Stars = Stars in regulation

Senators-Predators = Predators in regulation

Coyotes-Lightning = Coyotes in regulation

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1224 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

i hope Rich Peverley is ok. Apparently he collapsed during the Stars game while on the bench. The game has been halted

http://www.cbssports...ets-game-halted

The Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets game was called to a halt on Monday night after Stars forward Rich Peverley appeared to collapse on the bench during the game.

Peverley, who missed time early this season with an irregular heartbeat, was taken down the tunnel just a few minutes into the game by the Stars staff.

The PA announcer informed the crowd that Peverley was taken to the hospital and that he is conscious, which is about as good of news as one could hope for in this situation. Absolutely eery scene at American Airlines Center.

Here is video of the scene when game was halted. It's absolutely chilling, though is easier to watch knowing that Peverley was conscious on his way to the hospital

#1225 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

The game is postponed. Peverley is at the hospital and conscious. Hopefully he will be okay, this is a very scary situation to watch.

This brings back memories of Jiri Fischer.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1226 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

Pitt holds on to beat Washington 3-2 despite having the puck in their end for the last 5 minutes of the game.

We pass Washington with a win tomorrow

Also 3-0 Predators over Ottawa in the 3rd. Hopefully that holds

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1227 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Video of Peverley

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9jivQgF6J1g

Edited by lucifer91, 10 March 2014 - 08:43 PM.

Posted Image

#1228 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

of course Tampa ties Phoenix with about 38 seconds to go. Of course

#1229 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Did Ottawa come back from 3-0 to tie Trashville in the 3rd? Why of course they did. 3-3. Spezza scores with 1 minute to go

Edited by '7', 10 March 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#1230 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

I'm sick and fvcking tired of this sh!t. Every night there are about 2 or 3 games that make you want to kick a hole in the nearest wall. Some of these comebacks defy logic.

#1231 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

Nashville wins in OT. Thanks for giving Ottawa a point a$$holes.

#1232 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Nashville wins in OT. Thanks for giving Ottawa a point a$$holes.

dumbfvcks they are. But at least Sens are still behind us

#1233 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

For tomorrow

Rangers-Hurricanes - Hurricanes in regulation

Blue Jackets-Wings -both have an equal amount of points and games played. But Columbus has more ROW wins. I think that's the first tiebreaker so we should root for Detroit in regulation so Columbus doesn't run away with the ROW tiebreaker

Capitals - Pens - Pens in regulation again

#1234 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

3 good results for us so far.  We need an Anaheim win.

For tomorrow

Rangers-Hurricanes - Hurricanes in regulation

Blue Jackets-Wings -both have an equal amount of points and games played. But Columbus has more ROW wins. I think that's the first tiebreaker so we should root for Detroit in regulation so Columbus doesn't run away with the ROW tiebreaker

Capitals - Pens - Pens in regulation again

Rags win easily.

Columbus probably beats Detroit.

Pens should handle Washington hopefully.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1235 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

3 good results for us so far.  We need an Anaheim win.

not necessarily. Ottawa and Tampa got points when they should've have. Those should've been regulation losses but both teams tied it up in the waning seconds. Ottawa came back from 3-0 to steal a point in the 3rd. The Devils luck in OOT games is about as unusually, unexplainably bad as our shootout luck

#1236 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Jesus Christ that's scary..already known heart issues for Peverley.  Hope he's okay.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1237 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Amazing job by the medical staff in Dallas. Super scary situation.

As for the rest of the hockey. Hemsky with 3 more assists. He looks outstanding again now that he is out of Edmonton.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1238 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

not necessarily. Ottawa and Tampa got points when they should've have. Those should've been regulation losses but both teams tied it up in the waning seconds. Ottawa came back from 3-0 to steal a point in the 3rd. The Devils luck in OOT games is about as unusually, unexplainably bad as our shootout luck

1 point is better than 2 points.  We also need San Jose to beat Toronto tomorrow night.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1239 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Man that might be the end of Peverley's career...scary situation.

"Cardiac episode"

And when he came to, he wanted to get back to the hockey game.  fvcking hockey players man, they're a different breed 

Edited by Devilsfan118, 10 March 2014 - 09:54 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

#1240 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

1 point is better than 2 points.  We also need San Jose to beat Toronto tomorrow night.

eh. Toronto is too far ahead of us for us to really care about that game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users