2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

that chart gives me alot of hope
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1282 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

One thing that bodes well for us. A lot of teams we are tied with/slightly ahead or behind, we have more ROW. NJ sits at 29:

Toronto-26

Detroit-25

Ottawa-25

Washington-22

TB-28

#1283 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Light night for score board watching tonight

#1284 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,609 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, NJ is being given these odds of making the playoffs according to the various sites:

Hockey-reference Forecast:  41.4%

Sportsclubstats Weighted:  58.4%

Sportsclubstats 50/50:  39.4%

I believe sportsclubstats weighted throws out shootout results entirely when predicting or treats them as a coinflip.  Having the tiebreaker on just about everyone is nice too.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1285 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

Light night for score board watching tonight

Games tonight don't really affect us no?
Posted Image

#1286 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Man why can't our captain throw big hits like this... :lol:AnxiousGlitteringKawala.gif

Our captain already does enough to hurt his own team!  :rimshot:

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1287 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Games tonight don't really affect us no?

Bos-Mon is the only East game and Montreal is on the fringe of who we are chasing.

#1288 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Pev is out all season now.

#1289 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Our captain already does enough to hurt his own team!  :rimshot:

How in the hell?  How does that guy even stay in this league with behavior like that.  He's downright reckless.  I always felt he was a Scott Stevens type, but jesus, keep your head up and pay attention when you throw your body like that.

Edited by RizzMB30, 12 March 2014 - 03:00 PM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1290 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

How in the hell?  How does that guy even stay in this league with behavior like that.  He's downright reckless.  I always felt he was a Scott Stevens type, but jesus, keep your head up and pay attention when you throw your body like that.

Yeah, I watched it a few times, and I really can't believe how badly he missed that check.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1291 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Pev is out all season now.

If he's smart he retires

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1292 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,441 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, I watched it a few times, and I really can't believe how badly he missed that check.

He was probably thinking "What would David Clarkson do?"

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1293 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

the thing with advanced stats and toronto compared to us is that, leave 10 good scoring chances to Van riemsdyk or Kessel and they'll put 6-7 in... then put the same chances for NJ and they'll net 2-3 lol

again shot quality and skills/precision from the shooter is not taken in considerations with stats and it makes a huge difference, i mean a tap in goal with both feet in the crease is a shot so is a wrister from the red line. Yet on paper its the same damn thing

Steve Simmons, is that you? 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#1294 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Steve Simmons, is that you?

That would be Damian Cox

#1295 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

the thing with advanced stats and toronto compared to us is that, leave 10 good scoring chances to Van riemsdyk or Kessel and they'll put 6-7 in... then put the same chances for NJ and they'll net 2-3 lol

again shot quality and skills/precision from the shooter is not taken in considerations with stats and it makes a huge difference, i mean a tap in goal with both feet in the crease is a shot so is a wrister from the red line. Yet on paper its the same damn thing

If two players scored 30 goals each - one all point shots and the other all from one foot out - which players 30 goals are 'better'?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1296 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

3/13/14

Buffalo vs Carolina: Sabres

San Jose vs Columbus: Sharks

Florida vs Tampa Bay: Panthers

NY Rangers vs Minnesota: Wild

Toronto vs Los Angeles: Kings

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1297 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

3/13/14

Buffalo vs Carolina: Sabres

San Jose vs Columbus: Sharks

Florida vs Tampa Bay: Panthers

NY Rangers vs Minnesota: Wild

Toronto vs Los Angeles: Kings

gonna be barftastic rooting for Parise...at least for 1 night

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1298 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

gonna be barftastic rooting for Parise...at least for 1 night

Well, if it'll make you feel better maybe he won't have that much to do with the win. In any event, he made good on his promise that he wouldn't sign with the Rangers, so at least there's that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1299 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

Well, if it'll make you feel better maybe he won't have that much to do with the win. In any event, he made good on his promise that he wouldn't sign with the Rangers, so at least there's that.

I'm still kind of pissed at JP Parise for his idiotic "Yea Zach would love to be a Ranger" outburst DURING the 2012 conference finals. I think he was definitely interested at one point, but I don't think his wife was thrilled with being here. If not for her...maybe he would be a Ranger

#1300 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

I'm still kind of pissed at JP Parise for his idiotic "Yea Zach would love to be a Ranger" outburst DURING the 2012 conference finals. I think he was definitely interested at one point, but I don't think his wife was thrilled with being here. If not for her...maybe he would be a Ranger

Ehh, I'll take Zach at his word, and that JP was just blowing smoke. And if I recall correctly, JP just mentioned the Rangers because of Torts, who Zach apparently liked as his Olympics cassistant coach, and not about bleeding Ranger blue or some other such nonsense.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users