#1581 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
NYI owner Charles Wang in talks to sell majority stake in NHL franchise. Nothing done yet, no telling if it gets done, but talks underway.

Knowing the Islanders they'll skip Brooklyn and remain at the Coliseum.

I have said all along that going to Brooklyn is a bluff.

Edited by hystyk28, 27 March 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#1582 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:29 AM

I think the Brooklyn lease has already been signed though. Plus I believe the Coliseum redevelopment plan has already been agreed upon (I think to Ratner?) Not sure what happens should there be an ownership change. I think they'll probably be better off in Brooklyn if that arena is remodeled to better present the game of hockey
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1583 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:15 AM

I think the Brooklyn lease has already been signed though. Plus I believe the Coliseum redevelopment plan has already been agreed upon (I think to Ratner?) Not sure what happens should there be an ownership change. I think they'll probably be better off in Brooklyn if that arena is remodeled to better present the game of hockey

From what I've read, they really can't do anything to the arena to make it more suitable for hockey.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1584 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

if the arena was simply just not laid out to have an ice rink laid in the middle of it i dont think they would really be able to do all that much to alter that.. when the pre season was going on i remember people posting pictures on balcony ends and they jutted out over the end of the rink so bad that you could not even see the goaltender or net it was underneath you...thats pretty bad
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1585 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

if the arena was simply just not laid out to have an ice rink laid in the middle of it i dont think they would really be able to do all that much to alter that.. when the pre season was going on i remember people posting pictures on balcony ends and they jutted out over the end of the rink so bad that you could not even see the goaltender or net it was underneath you...thats pretty bad

I was sitting in one of the upper corners opposite from the side where the stands jut over the rink and even seeing the near boards from up where I was sitting was hard.

#1586 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

that sucks i almost feel bad for those fans..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1587 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
NYI owner Charles Wang in talks to sell majority stake in NHL franchise. Nothing done yet, no telling if it gets done, but talks underway.

definitely not happy about this...wang selling can only mean good things for that franchise in terms of on-ice product.

Although I will say he stuck it out for a long time trying to get the lighthouse project done which IMO was best for the Long Island area, so for that I commend him.

#1588 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

Let's go Philly. Let's go Pittsburgh.

#1589 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

2-1 Philly heading to the 3rd. Hope they hang on

0-0 Pens/Jackets heading to the 3rd as well

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1590 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

1-0 Pens with 9 minutes to go in the 3rd

#1591 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

3-1 Philly and now 2-0 Pens

#1592 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

2-1 Pittsburgh, 3:08 to go.

#1593 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

1:25 to go in Pitt and 2-1 Pens

Flyers looking good up 4-2

#1594 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Pitt holds on against the Rags west.

#1595 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

Pittsburgh wins it.  0 points for Columbus.

#1596 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

As long as Philly can contain Clarkson they'll hold on for the win.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1597 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

Hopefully the Leafs beat the Wings tomorrow in regulation.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1598 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

Really can't understate how huge a night this was for the Devils. It made last nights point "stick".

Toronto still at 80 points but now with 75 games played (we have 2 in hand).

There is a chance (albeit a small one) that the Devils can be 2 points out of a playoff spot tomorrow. But a lot has to go right

#1599 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Really can't understate how huge a night this was for the Devils. It made last nights point "stick".

Toronto still at 80 points but now with 75 games played (we have 2 in hand).

There is a chance (albeit a small one) that the Devils can be 2 points out of a playoff spot tomorrow. But a lot has to go right

I have a lot more faith in the teams the Devils are chasing losing than the Devils actually winning. Not trying to dump on Jersey, but just the reality of the situation. Not expecting this team to give much hope to anyone.

Edited by devilsrule33, 28 March 2014 - 10:49 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1600 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

I have a lot more faith in the team's the Devils are chasing losing than the Devils actually winning. Not trying to dump on Jersey, but just the reality of the situation. Not expecting this team to give much hope to anyone.

If we think we are going to lose our way into the playoffs we have another thing coming. I refuse to discuss playoff hopes until we put at least 3 wins together. Going 4-5-1 in your last 10 does not constitute 'staying in the race'.

Do you want to know what I liked best about tonight? The Rangers lost. And Lundqvist gave up a complete sh!t goal for the game-winner - possibly worse than Marty has done all season.

Edited by Neb00rs, 28 March 2014 - 10:43 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users