1873 replies to this topic

#1681 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

Gelinas' confidence is noticeably shot, at least to me. He's rushing plays, taking his eye off the puck, and even his accuracy is down. Everything he was doing right early, he's doing wrong now. I don't know if it was just that he was on a high due to being called up and that has faded or if it's because of Pete's handling of rookies and having to worry about every little mistake or if it's neither and he's just not that good. I guess we'll find out next season.

believe-devs.jpg

#1682 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

I think Wiercoch is much better than Gelinas right now. May not have that level of offensive upside but so much better defensively. There was no reason why he was getting scratched which made the whole thing befuddling. Another weird thing is the Sens have a young defenseman in Jared Cowan that has to be up there as the worst defenseman in the NHL this season. He's been in the lineup pretty much all season.

Deboer gets a bad rap for the Gelinas stuff. I loved Gelinas at first as much as anyone when he came in and took this team by storm. But the defense slipped and then the when the offense slipped, it almost became impossible to play him. He came back, and it seemed like he got some atrocious advice about playing defense from Stevens. It was basically try and defend by crushing everyone because you are really big, so that must be how you play. Bad advice.

I would say over the last few months he has played as poorly as any defenseman that I can remember in a Devils uniform. Obviously, he brings a ton of value to the PP. Hopefully, he can figure things out because the Devils really need his offense next year.

nevermind my post, I'm going to create a separate thread for it

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 02 April 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#1683 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

go flyers, go bruins....only games we need to care about today

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1684 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

1-0 Columbus, end of 40

3-1 Toronto, 17:00 2nd

Edited by JSR, 03 April 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#1685 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

zero help from boston, zero help from philly. why would we? they're only better than their opponents!?!

ah, a win helps NJ? Into the tank we go...

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1686 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Cue Mike Brown to tell us how imposing Columbus's schedule is as they keep getting points.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1687 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,130 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

fvck this, Toronto will probably win 6 straight now to finish the season.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1688 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

Geez.  Both of 'em are just laying down like dogs. 

#1689 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

Philly and Boston know what they're doing. Operation fvck over NJ

#1690 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

i dont think it really matters who wins these other games nj is not going to do enough to help themselves anyway.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1691 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,039 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

i dont think it really matters who wins these other games nj is not going to do enough to help themselves anyway.

Exactly, plus Philly is playing a fine game. 30 shots on BOBROVSKY! with 10 minutes to play. Boston is on a 2nd game of a back-to-back playing their backup.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1692 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

parise head shot, and here we go

edit oh well nevermind then

the guy has been pretty damn durable

Edited by lazer, 03 April 2014 - 08:22 PM.

Posted Image

#1693 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,384 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

Just saw the scores. Done. and the 30th pick DAMN
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#1694 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

Yep...5pts back, 6 games left. It's officially over and now tomorrow means nothing. It's a shame, but it is what it is. Gonna be a long offseason. The Mets season is already over lol so now I just can't wait til the Giants start playing.

#1695 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

We can still get to three if we win and the Jackets lose to Chicago tomorrow but yeah the chances are getting more remote now considering Chicago keeps losing its star players by the day and the Jackets have the Isles and Phoenix at home right after.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1696 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

its going to be the first time since 1987 (27 years) that the devils will miss the playoffs consecutive years .  Yes it sucks this year, but besides the red wings who just get in every year, how many other teams can say this?

and 3 of those misses belong to this idiot of a coach

#1697 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

What a game by BOBROVSKY!

You're a loose cannon BOBROVSKY

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1698 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,130 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

its going to be the first time since 1987 (27 years) that the devils will miss the playoffs consecutive years . Yes it sucks this year, but besides the red wings who just get in every year, how many other teams can say this?

and 3 of those misses belong to this idiot of a coach

Actually only two misses will be DeBoer's. 2011 was the MacLean disaster where Lemaire had to mop up.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1699 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

This. I have been going with this mindset for a solid 3 weeks now. No reason to think otherwise. 

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1700 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

Columbus is playing well lately so this probably is actually the best case scenario, but let's assume they somehow lose to the Blackhawks, Coyotes, and Lightning in regulation, but beat the Isles, Panthers, and also Dallas (that's a make-up game where they're already up 1-0 when Peverly had his heart problem), that's 3 wins for 6 points which puts them at 91.  We can only afford then to go 5-0-1.  4-1-1 or 4-0-2 which would be tough enough as it is wouldn't even do it  Again, best case scenario for the wild card spot that Detroit occupies is essentially the same, having them go 3-3, assuming losses to Mtl, Stl, and Pit, with wins against Buf (2x) and Car.  That would put them at 92pts, and in that situation we'd have to win all 6 of our remaining games.  So...unless one of those teams really tanks and goes 1 or 2 wins in their last 6, and we get 4 or more, then we're toast.  The thing no one erally sees is that we have a lot of the same opponents as them (NYI, BUF, FLA), but the difference being that we lost to them because we're not respected and they played hard against us because they knew they could be us, yet when Det or Cmb plays them they will likely falter and lose because they know they're inferior to them. 

What would be hilarious is if after the weekend is over and we manage to beat Wsh and Car, and Columbus loses to Chi and NYI, we'd be 1 point out of a playoff spot with a week to go, but Columbus has a pretty weak schedule to finish the year and although ours is weak too, there's a much better chance of them holding that would-be 1pt lead or even extending it than there is of us continuing to somehow put together a 3+ game win streak which we haven't done all year.

The worst part of it all is, I truly want to hang on to hope and like an idiot I am going to continue watching the games as the season winds down, praying for a miracle, but in all honesty and reality I actually have almost no hope or faith whatsoever that they'll even make this a photo finish.  5pts seems insurmountable now and frankly I could see this team letting out it's last gasp of air and losing tonight, and basically washing away the last few games, to end up finishing the season 8-9 points behind the final wildcard team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users