1873 replies to this topic

#1761 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

With the way it looks now, the Flyers and Wings are within reach. I personally think this team should try and get the first wild card to avoid the Bruins. Pittsburgh is a team we can definitely beat, and give them problems. I'd also like to avoid the Rags since they too are not a favorable matchup for the Devils. Detroit is the team I want to overtake right now.

Come on MB!!

After how things have gone and then luck we are getting wouldn't you just be happy to make the show? I would take playing any of the top teams if it means we make it.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#1762 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

With the way it looks now, the Flyers and Wings are within reach.  I personally think this team should try and get the first wild card to avoid the Bruins.  Pittsburgh is a team we can definitely beat, and give them problems.  I'd also like to avoid the Rags since they too are not a favorable matchup for the Devils.  Detroit is the team I want to overtake right now.

I think you did what I did last night after looking at the standings after the win.  I thought the same thing about playoffs matchups, but you're going off the assumption that the other teams are going to lose out.  You're forgetting that 1) Philly has a game in hand 2) They would literally have to lose every game so far, which is not likely.  There may be reasons for optimism now, but there is still a lot of work to be done by these guys, and we're down Clowe, Henrique, and Elias as of today.  Think before you communicate.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1763 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

No, no, no.  You guys are misunderstanding him.  See what MB is trying to say is that if they set their goals higher, even if they are unable to catch Detroit or Philly, if they at least come close they will probably have passed Columbus and gotten a playoff spot.  That's what his point was, you all just misunderstood. :P

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1764 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

I hate to jump on the guy, but like 2 or 3 more people posted before I finished.  Jesus H Christ.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#1765 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

Three important things I've learned from MB this year:

1)  Every team plays 82 games.

2)  We don't have to worry about opponents' games in hand until there are only 5 or so games left in the season.  As there are now only five games left for the Devils, this means it's now OK to worry about games in hand.  We have MB's permission.

3)  Whatever amount of points a team (or teams) has, if the season isn't over yet, that's not necessarily the amount of points those teams will end up with this season.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1766 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

Damn it, I had accepted that the Devils were going to miss.  Now they have me hoping again.

LET'S GO ISLES!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1767 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

I've never been a bigger Isles fan than I am today lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1768 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

Three important things I've learned from MB this year:

1)  Every team plays 82 games.

2)  We don't have to worry about opponents' games in hand until there are only 5 or so games left in the season.  As there are now only five games left for the Devils, this means it's now OK to worry about games in hand.  We have MB's permission.

3)  Whatever amount of points a team (or teams) has, if the season isn't over yet, that's not necessarily the amount of points those teams will end up with this season.   

I am a victim of all 3. #standtogether

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1769 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

LGI!

#1770 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

LGI!

Yeah, LGI.

#1771 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

1-0 jackets. Neilsons playing and he sucks so count on us being 3 back

#1772 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

2-0 Columbus.  Yeah, I'll flip that back on if my ESPN app says it's any closer, this is a joke so far.

#1773 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

Columbus looks pretty fired up so far.

Posted Image

#1774 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

Either CBJ or PHI need to hit the skids. Too bad the Devils didn't put in much effort on those games they could have won.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1775 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Columbus looks pretty fired up so far.

really? they have been dominated for most of the game, they have scored on power plays otherwise the Islanders are all up in their sh!t.

Edited by Sneax, 06 April 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#1776 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

C'mon Isles. Win because you never do.

#1777 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

Go fvck yourselves Islanders.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1778 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

Go fvck yourselves Islanders.

Take out Tavares' other leg next year

#1779 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Dont worry theyll show up for our game, not that it will matter much by then as there prob wont be a chance

#1780 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Let's put this in perspective: the Isles are missing their two best players, are playing their 7 career wins backup goalie, and have nothing to fight for. Columbus on the other hand, is fighting for its life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users