#1801 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

Dude because a couple weeks ago we couldn't beat this incarnation of the Isles

Dude you realize that the games aren't predetermined, that's why teams play and we don't just award a SC to the best team on paper at the start of the year. Teams can get some bounces for and against them, teams can be in a different state of mind, teams can be more energized and come out and play harder.

We have lost to the sabres this year a lot, we have also beaten the bruins at full strength before this season.

We have a legitimate shot right now, outside shot but legitimate. I've been down on the team before, but to talk sh!t like we cant beat a back up bruin team with our season on the line is ridiculous. Could we lose? Sure, is it a given, not even fvcking close. This is something I'd expect from a rags fan trying to talk sh!t.

Edited by Sneax, 06 April 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#1802 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

We 'did' beat the Bruins at FULL strength once this year, it's not like it's never happened.

It may not get to that point anyway unless Columbus loses another couple games before then.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1803 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

It's 4-0. That's all that matters.

really? they have been dominated for most of the game, they have scored on power plays otherwise the Islanders are all up in their sh!t.

#1804 landofvanilla

landofvanilla

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

IF it is still a meaningful game for us, hope they rest players as it probably won't be one for them.

Edit - NVM it's already been said.

Edited by landofvanilla, 06 April 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#1805 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

This is what always blows about not having destiny in your own hands, and having to count on other teams.  To the Isles' credit, they did beat the Blue Jackets a couple of weeks ago.  They also recently beat Ottawa and Carolina. 

Anyway, everyone knows what the deal is...win the next four games and hope it's enough. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1806 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

maybe wrong thread but what is this

Posted Image

#1807 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

The Winnipeg media is having anothert Evander Kane witch hunt. I think he's gone after this season, preferrably to NJ.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#1808 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

The Winnipeg media is having anothert Evander Kane witch hunt. I think he's gone after this season, preferrably to NJ.

Don't think we're a great trade partner from Winnipeg's standpoint. They're fairly set with young defenseman apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1809 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

Don't think we're a great trade partner from Winnipeg's standpoint. They're fairly set with young defenseman apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, but I have veteran D-men in mind  :thumbsup:

#1810 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Do we want Kane though?  Doesn't have a bit of an attitude problem?

I mean, we said the same about Kovalchuk so I guess it's all moot.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1811 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Do we want Kane though? Doesn't have a bit of an attitude problem?

I don't follow Winnipeg at all, but Kane seems to have a bit more than an attitude problem. Assault charges, dine and dash allegations, some other entanglements.

Kovy just had the reputation of being selfish which virtually every Russian player outside of Datsyuk gets tagged with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1812 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

Check this flop out..oh man:

SaneOptimalFoal.gif

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1813 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

unless he's coming super cheap....no

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1814 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

maybe wrong thread but what is this

charity game between the nypd and fdny Sunday afteroon. 

Edited by bobilly45, 07 April 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#1815 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

I couldn't care less about his attitude and the accusations, which AFAIK aren't proven. Hell, Drew Doughty had a rape case a couple of years back. 

I'll gladly take the headache if we get good young players like that. 

#1816 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

Check this flop out..oh man:

SaneOptimalFoal.gif

WOW... nothing like over embellishing
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1817 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

I don't follow Winnipeg at all, but Kane seems to have a bit more than an attitude problem. Assault charges, dine and dash allegations, some other entanglements.

You can sort of say the same of Jon Merrill or Myles Bell. Kane's no different, they're actually all the same age.

Honestly, I'm not buying it. Winnipeg's a small market; big fish in a small pond. They've been a mostly disappointing team to the city so far; they seem to be getting worse and worse each year and he presents an easy target.

Even if some of the allegations are true (the petty stuff like the dine-and-dash), the New Jersey Devils are like boot camp for players like that. Especially if Jagr stays another season, bringing Evander Kane into NJ would do him (and obviously us) a lot of good. I could see him liking it here. He'd pretty much instantly be the face and star of the team and despite being small market, the allure of being near New York City is definitely there. Kid's only 22!!!!!

Edited by DJ Eco, 08 April 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#1818 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Gillies was relieved of his duties a minute ago!

Edited by CarterforPresident, 08 April 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#1819 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

read few things about that in french medias this morning. 

stuff about him not paying his restaurant bills and had an assault charge or something and that the whole city hates him and he's getting insulted everywhere he goes. God knows how legit that is.

Then another report about him showing up to a practice stoned with red eyes.

i'd still take him on the team i think lol at this point i'd take any players or that caliber

edit: of course the only reason they posted those 2 articles we're cause there was rumours awhile ago about a Kane/Pacioretty swap and now that Pacioretty is on fire they like to throw Kane under the bus as much as they can and throw flowers at Pacioretty / Bergevin for not making the trade. Thats pretty typical

Edited by SterioDesign, 08 April 2014 - 02:07 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1820 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

Come on Yotes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users