57 replies to this topic

#41 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

How about at least post the link to the article instead of some demeaning vague comment.

http://www.kens5.com...-197171411.html

Ok, it does sound kinda bad but he was overly intoxicated and I'm sure almost everyone here has done something equally as stupid in their life. I know I have and it doesn't make me a psychopath...

Because its obviously not hard at all to find out what im talking about, obviously since every person thereafter KNEW what I was talking about.

Yeah he was drunk and broke into a house and told a wife and kids to basically fvck off, being drunk makes this story okay. Hey so was brett sutter, patrick kane, and dany heatley was buzzed but ahhhh who hasnt punched a cabbie or killed their friend after a few beers right? Youre being a silly.

#42 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

He was drunk.

Solid defense. Try it out for yourself, lemme know how it turns out.

#43 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

I've been the family where someone was drunk and slept in our cottage by accident. It was weird, and this person was confused, not belligerent, but we laugh about it.

We actually took time out of our day to track them down and return their ID that they left behind.

Edited by Devils731, 28 September 2013 - 06:21 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

A) No harm came to anyone, vagrancy is hardly the worst offense a drunk person can commit

B) Who cares, this guy's a marginal AHL player anyway - not like a first-round pick with John Gotti as an idol, or Mike Jefferdanton.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Years ago, when my wife was still in college, one of her friends got hammered and stumbled "home" to a house she was sure was hers.  When her key wouldn't turn the lock, she wound up forcing the key so hard that it sheared off.  Undaunted, plastered, and extremely pissed off, she then kept kicking the door until it flew open, much to the surprise of the family that actually lived there.  As they stared at her, she screamed "Who the hell are you and what the fvck are you doing here?"...to which they replied "uuuuh, we live here?"

She felt horrible about it the next day, and to that family's credit, they were EXTREMELY forgiving and understanding.  My wife's friend's pain didn't stop with the apology and paying for the damage...she also broke her foot kicking in the door.  Rough evening...   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 28 September 2013 - 07:28 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#46 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Because its obviously not hard at all to find out what im talking about, obviously since every person thereafter KNEW what I was talking about.

Yeah he was drunk and broke into a house and told a wife and kids to basically fvck off, being drunk makes this story okay. Hey so was brett sutter, patrick kane, and dany heatley was buzzed but ahhhh who hasnt punched a cabbie or killed their friend after a few beers right? Youre being a silly.

I had no idea what you were talking about.  No link, I don't pay attention.  Posting a link is good Netiquette.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#47 Guadana

Guadana

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

someone killed without drunking. all undrunking must answer for those murderers and activitys

timmins did something stoopid but in high intoxication everybody can do something stoopid

once apon a time my friend and i back home after tonns of vodka in his house 

and we decided to sleep in his... carpet

he slept in carpet in his room

i chose carpet in other room

in the morning i learnd that was his parents room. How i did that?

his parents slept in the same room in that night and They woke me up

Edited by Guadana, 29 September 2013 - 02:21 AM.

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#48 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

I never did like Barch to begin with, but this team needs a bigger threat. Barch got his @ss kicked more often than not and its no secret Janssen might play once a week depending on the opponent. I would love for us to go sign or trade for a guy like Mike Brown or Zenon Konopka. This team needs balls. I like balls, 

#49 Guadana

Guadana

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

hm i like pussies

but yes our team needs balls

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#50 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Clifford on LA is almost unneeded there since they brought in Carcillo. I'd take him. He can sort of play.

Maybe he goes on waivers today/tomorrow and they grab him up in time to send Janssen down still.

Edited by Bibby89, 29 September 2013 - 05:48 AM.

#51 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

This team has plenty of toughness. One of the least useful players are traded, clearing out the problematic roster situation at forward and you're talking about adding another body?

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#52 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

Just naming a better option than Janssen. I'd prefer to let Carter be the toughness and going without a goon, worst case scenario.

#53 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Speaking of San Antone, bobby butler was loaned to them the same day as the barch trade

#54 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

janssen is just as useless as barch but i dont mind if he stays down in albany.. theres no way he will be on the main roster
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#55 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

I'm absolutely ok with him being in Albany. I'd prefer an outside option if they chose to go with a goon is all I'm saying.

#56 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

We traded Barch for Robert Downey Jr.? Sweet deal!

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#57 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

We have tons of toughness, not sure what you guys are on about. We might be the biggest (in size) roster in the Metropolitan (ugh), especially without even dressing an enforcer. Curious what the numbers/breakdown is, but I get the sense that we're a Boston-like big team this year.

#58 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

We have tons of toughness, not sure what you guys are on about. We might be the biggest (in size) roster in the Metropolitan (ugh), especially without even dressing an enforcer. Curious what the numbers/breakdown is, but I get the sense that we're a Boston-like big team this year.

I don't think we have a Lucic (aka, manbearpig on skates) though.  Nor a Horton type powerforward..maybe you can count Zubrus or Clowe, but they definitely lack the goalscoring ability of Horton.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users