23 replies to this topic

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

You ever notice how similar Rangers fans look. When I see them in our building, they all look the same! They're all white, stocky, with the really really short hair like they all got a haircut that morning because it's one of their birthdays and they're going to Red Lobster in Times Square after; and I don't mean to sound racist, I mean, statistically most hockey fans are white, but Rangers fans in particular all look the same. Not to insult anybody over here, but the best description is that they have the young 25-30 year old Long Island privileged a-hole cop look. Not an ounce of diversity, none.

Okay I'm done haha..

No you are correct on this.

#22 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

If anything I think Brooks gets painted by the (N)Đ„verson brush which is why people thinke he's worse than he actually is (but Larry's more a professional cynic/grump than actual hater)...there's a guy that really looked at the world through a blue prism.

Brooks is a good writer when he doesn't shove his opinion down our throats. Sometimes, he lets his thinking get skewed. I didn't agree with him on Tort. But they also had an intense relationship. One thing I like about Larry is he always goes after the league. He's a player's guy.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#23 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Don't forget the goofy Kangol hat.

You ever notice how similar Rangers fans look. When I see them in our building, they all look the same! They're all white, stocky, with the really really short hair like they all got a haircut that morning because it's one of their birthdays and they're going to Red Lobster in Times Square after; and I don't mean to sound racist, I mean, statistically most hockey fans are white, but Rangers fans in particular all look the same. Not to insult anybody over here, but the best description is that they have the young 25-30 year old Long Island privileged a-hole cop look. Not an ounce of diversity, none.

Okay I'm done haha..

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#24 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Good article by brooks for once. I still love torts making him look like the silly slob he is though. One of the reasons I hated to see torts leave NY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users