6 replies to this topic

#1 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Simply amazing it's been this long. I've been following this team since it's inception and if I took anything away from this article it's this. We are truly some lucky fans!

29brodeur-gfx-popup-v2_zpsa621a6bd.gif

http://www.nytimes.c...ence.html?_r=1

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#2 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

And with the way all sports have evolved, much of that list will not change for a while. 

Kind of funny how a completely "meh" player like Ed Kranepool hung around for so long...started so young too (made his debut at 17 years old). 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

I didn't realize Elias was here for so long. If we assume this is Marty's last year, I think Patty could top him.

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

I didn't realize Elias was here for so long. If we assume this is Marty's last year, I think Patty could top him.

4 more years from Elias?  I..don't know about that.  I think he'd be running on fumes at that point.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

That's the question for Elias.....

2013/07/04    Re-signed by the New Jersey Devils to a three-year contract.

so he'll get to the 20 year mark, but what he'll have at that time is the question !

#6 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

Just goes to show that loyalty in pro sports is a rare thing indeed.

#7 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

i bet you marty still trys to play another year.. he says he doesnt know whats going to happen..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users