#22 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

harrold deserves to play over gelinas urbom merrill 

Debatable.  As a 7th D?  Sure.  Would be a waste to have a talented youngster as the 7D.  

As a 6th D though?  Come on now.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#23 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

I really like the optimism. How about Santini becoming the next Daneyko. :)

yes i`m an optimist, but not so optimist as you thought =-)

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#24 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

...aaaaand Caps claimed him. fvck.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#25 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

#Caps have claimed defenseman Alexander Urbom off waivers from the New Jersey Devils.

fvcking awesome. and here we may have lost another potential good player for fvck all with bad management. Keep it going Lou

Edited by SterioDesign, 03 October 2013 - 11:05 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#26 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

And just like fvcking that, he's gone. So pissed.

#27 Rogan The Goat

Rogan The Goat

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Per Capitals PR

Well that backfired.

#28 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

I can't believe he only played 14 games with the big team.

#29 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,799 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Tough loss, but Urbom wasn't able to beat out Larsson, Fayne, or Taormina.  I think he's got potential but he needs to be in an organization where he can play, and that wasn't going to be here, even if he had stayed.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#30 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ugh. This is like Suglobov all over again! :lol:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#31 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

fvcking awesome. and here we may have lost another potential good player for fvck all with bad management. Keep it going Lou

It would suck a lot more if we didn't have Merrill, Severson and Gelinas. It's a shame but in the end it's probably not a very big loss.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#32 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

I dont care what anyone else is saying but Lou's roster management has stung the team quite often in the last few years. Either he's carrying too many mediocre guys over others who deserves more and get players scratched and really frustrated. Either we're over the limit with a guy on IR and the room knows someone has to get traded and there's a dark cloud over their heads. Or we keep losing guys on waivers for nothing.

I'm somewhat happy for Urbom he may finally have a shot but it would hurt to see him develop into a really good player in our divisions. But the worst to me is that we lost him for nothing while he could have been a good player in the future for us or a good piece of a package to get something.

www.SterioDesign.com

#33 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

It's never great to lose something for nothing, but there is a serious log-jam on this team in terms of D-men. Someone was going to have to go anyway.

#34 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

I had a feeling someone like the Capitals (Oates) or Sharks (Robinson) would claim him. They know his potential and have seen him firsthand.

I hate to say it but this one's on Deboer. All we had to do was send Gionta down, even for a short time til things were figured out. But no, we have the CBGB reunion again and a whole 5th line of players to boot. Lou isn't going to move a player who's part of a line that Pete's that adamant about. Lou's hands were tied, who else is he gonna send down?

#35 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

I had a feeling someone like the Capitals (Oates) or Sharks (Robinson) would claim him. They know his potential and have seen him firsthand.

I hate to say it but this one's on Deboer. All we had to do was send Gionta down, even for a short time til things were figured out. But no, we have the CBGB reunion again and a whole 5th line of players to boot. Lou isn't going to move a player who's part of a line that Pete's that adamant about. Lou's hands were tied, who else is he gonna send down?

i dont agree with the hand tied thing, both had to give and i'm sure Deboer didnt want to risk losing a player (who based on camp was more NHL ready than the rest of our youngsters) just to keep that line together. There was ways to handle that case better and they certainly pick the right one. It's on both of them equally to me

www.SterioDesign.com

#36 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Tough loss, but Urbom wasn't able to beat out Larsson, Fayne, or Taormina. I think he's got potential but he needs to be in an organization where he can play, and that wasn't going to be here, even if he had stayed.

Unfair seeing how Urbom wasnt even twenty at the time

This is one of those things that won't make or break your future but it's irritating that Urbom is a causality of Sal and Volch. It's also interesting to note that the only "defensive defensemen" left in the system are Helgeson and Santini

#37 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Tough loss, but Urbom wasn't able to beat out Larsson, Fayne, or Taormina. I think he's got potential but he needs to be in an organization where he can play, and that wasn't going to be here, even if he had stayed.

Unfair seeing how Urbom wasnt even twenty at the time

This is one of those things that won't make or break your future but it's irritating that Urbom is a causality of Sal and Volch. It's also interesting to note that the only "defensive defensemen" left in the system are Helgeson and Santini

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,799 posts

I dont care what anyone else is saying but Lou's roster management has stung the team quite often in the last few years. Either he's carrying too many mediocre guys over others who deserves more and get players scratched and really frustrated. Either we're over the limit with a guy on IR and the room knows someone has to get traded and there's a dark cloud over their heads. Or we keep losing guys on waivers for nothing.

I'm somewhat happy for Urbom he may finally have a shot but it would hurt to see him develop into a really good player in our divisions. But the worst to me is that we lost him for nothing while he could have been a good player in the future for us or a good piece of a package to get something.

Urbom was never going to be worth much once he was waiver-eligible and couldn't consistently crack the Devils' lineup, and with guys coming up behind him who have more potential and who seem like better players, he was likely to be squeezed out eventually.  As Lou said, if guys force him to make room, he will - he would've dumped Fayne if he thought Urbom could do that job, but I don't believe that Urbom could.  The real issue here is the waste of Josefson's ELC when he was 19 - if Josefson isn't waiver-eligible, the Devils could send him down, IR Tedenby, and at least float Urbom along for a bit.

Who have the Devils lost on waivers that's any good?  I mean - ever?  Am I blanking on someone?

DJ:  DeBoer doesn't have control over the roster.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#39 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

I think this came down to not being able to move Volchenkov, and not wanting to move Salvador.
Posted Image

#40 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Don't be dramatic. With the glut of young defensemen knocking on the door, it's not a terrible loss. I say that as a fan of Urbom. I was hoping he'd make the jump this year, but it just didn't happen.

But... Who has to get traded? What dark cloud? Every team loses guys on waivers. It's just a way of hockey. It's unfortunate to lose him as I thought he had some potential and I much rather would have sent down Gio, but he wasn't going to play here.

Again, good player, sorry to see him go, but this reminds me of when Taormina left and every one lost their damn minds about it.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users