198 replies to this topic

#161 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

game just sucked and was boring for the most part. Only highlight was glow beating in glass's face.. anyone else notice it looks like clowe is wearing skates filled with cement? god he looked slow out there.. slow and like it was his first time skating looked very awkward and goofy on the feet.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#162 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Nice to see gionta is still awful yet Deboer continues to play him.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#163 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Nice to see gionta is still awful yet Deboer continues to play him.

He did lay someone out though, that was awesome haha

Put food on my family

#164 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Whoop-de-do.   This guy is like Rudy or a team mascot or something.   Would be nice to have him around if they had an infinite roster, but they don't.

#165 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Whoop-de-do.   This guy is like Rudy or a team mascot or something.   Would be nice to have him around if they had an infinite roster, but they don't.

Yet he'll be out there again tomorrow night and Josefson will be twiddling his thumbs in the press box. And enough with scratching Fayne, Fayne needs to play every night. Period.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#166 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Yet he'll be out there again tomorrow night and Josefson will be twiddling his thumbs in the press box. And enough with scratching Fayne, Fayne needs to play every night. Period.

I would be really amused if Tedenby gets waived and claimed too, to keep him on the roster.    Kind of a trivia question.  "Who was the guy the Devils waived 'their #1 prospect in 2010' and a first round draft pick to keep around?"

#167 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

i wonder if deboer has something against fayne that he continues to sit him. i hope marty is strong tomorrow the team is looking like theyre going to be riding him.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#168 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

New cast of characters. Same result - no finish. Hopefully they can bury some tomorrow.
Posted Image

#169 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

New cast of characters. Same result - no finish. Hopefully they can bury some tomorrow.

starting to wonder if its coming down to the coaching technique that is working out..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#170 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

starting to wonder if its coming down to the coaching technique that is working out..

It's all about finishing with the Devils.  The coaching can't do anything more other than teach the players how to get scoring chances.  Coaching can't teach players how to score.  They're getting their chances.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#171 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

We have a lot of new dudes on this roster. Gonna take some time for them to gel. We'll be fine its game one. Love seeing Pitt over blowing Flurry yet come playoffs they burn him on a cross. To many fake fans and homers over their

#172 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

They honestly should have just traded Fayne, it would have eliminated two of our problems (letting Urbom go, wasting Fayne in the box when he's clearly in the coach's doghouse for reasons known only to Pete).

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#173 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

its up to the players to execute plays and finish yes.. the players have to find a way to click and connect with each other.. a lot of new faces they all have to learn each other's styles and come together.. but if the coaching staff's techniques or plays, play making, or system isnt working with either this group of players or just isnt working to score goals against opposition then the players can only do what theyre told to do... i dont know. too early to get overly frustrated but at the same time getting blanked out 3 nothing just puts a bad familiar taste in everyones mouths.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#174 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

It was Pittsburgh. It was their home opener. It was their first game after yet another disappointing offseason. I won't put too much stock in this loss, even though it was a shutout. We didn't look bad for half a new team, we're certainly no pushovers, despite what the score says. Pittsburgh's 80% of the country's pick to win the Cup again this year, so it was good that we could face them early, get right into the swing of things with a tough opponent and a fair loss.

Tomorrow will be the real test of where we stand. Throw all the other crap out the window about the Islanders being a good team, we should win tomorrow and a loss will be really disappointing. There's nothing I saw tonight that has me too worried about tomorrow night.

#175 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Phew, I was afraid I was going to log on and not see people overeating to a loss...at least things are status quo, now lets trade the entire team, fire Lou and DB and we will be all set.

#176 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

I have no problem with Gionta and Harrold being around as extras, the problem is they get put in the lineup as everyday starters.  I don't see why it's so hard to have Josefson and Fayne in the lineup and Gionta/Harrold not.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#177 BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

i wonder if deboer has something against fayne that he continues to sit him. i hope marty is strong tomorrow the team is looking like theyre going to be riding him.

Fayne played in all 82 games and averaged over 20 minutes a night in '11-'12. When Stevens replaced Robinson, Fayne's ice time dropped by 3 minutes. Maybe DeBoer isn't the one the one who doesn't much like Fayne..

Edmonton, where getting loaded, strking and killing a young girl is just fine, but putting your family before business makes you the scum of the earth.

#178 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

I have no problem with Gionta and Harrold being around as extras, the problem is they get put in the lineup as everyday starters.  I don't see why it's so hard to have Josefson and Fayne in the lineup and Gionta/Harrold not.

Well, that's the rub.   Harrold does actually get benched, but if you don't want Gionta to play, you can't have him around.   I think it would take a sustained period of suck for Gionta to get glued to the bench.   And since he works harder than almost everyone else, eventually he'll do something and reset the clock.

#179 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Well, that's the rub.   Harrold does actually get benched, but if you don't want Gionta to play, you can't have him around.   I think it would take a sustained period of suck for Gionta to get glued to the bench.   And since he works harder than almost everyone else, eventually he'll do something and reset the clock.

The funny part is Chico went out of his way more or less defending Gionta in the first few minutes of the game, saying in effect 'you can't judge that (CBGB) line on individual performances...they just are magic as a unit'.  I mean everyone knows Carter and Bernier can play and maybe even on a higher line so who else was he really defending with that?

Fayne played in all 82 games and averaged over 20 minutes a night in '11-'12. When Stevens replaced Robinson, Fayne's ice time dropped by 3 minutes. Maybe DeBoer isn't the one the one who doesn't much like Fayne..

It's possible too...if that's the case I hope he goes to San Jose after the season and flourishes again.  Either way he hasn't deserved the short end of the stick he's gotten lately.

#180 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

Just so people don't think I'm solely picking on Gio Jr, Volchenkov needs to be sold to Traktor.   Although I doubt they'd pay him that much.   Has anyone found where he went on Crosby's goal yet?

The funny part is Chico went out of his way more or less defending Gionta in the first few minutes of the game, saying in effect 'you can't judge that (CBGB) line on individual performances...they just are magic as a unit'.  I mean everyone knows Carter and Bernier can play and maybe even on a higher line so who else was he really defending with that?

LOL, yeah I was kind of wondering about that.   I mean Bernier has a rep as a gigantic bust, but as a fourth liner I'm pretty sure people know he's solid.   And Carter is a good fourth liner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users