65 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'm hoping the Niners can take care of business tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#22 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Impressed with the Eagles today. They overcame a brief Giants uprising and wrestled that game back. I really can't stand Cruz with all his yapping at the refs after every incomplete pass.

Miami really needs a bye with those injuries on D. I know Carroll and Wake went out of the game today. Wake was already playing banged up though.

Tannehill is pretty solid. He came up with some big plays...but they did sort of botch the end of the game...you can't settle for 57 yards to tie.

Tannehill is NOT solid. At best, he is very shaky. He was lucky the game wasn't out of hand in the first quarter if that INT isn't reversed. He has zero pocket awareness, as evidenced by the fact that he does not get rid of the ball and takes a million sacks.

He's basically Alex Smith, but without the intelligence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,066 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

I think 99% of America is loving this Dallas-Denver Arena Football game right now, but CRASHER's probably decrying the end of football by now :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 October 2013 - 06:10 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,066 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

I like Romo but good grief it's kind of hilarious the game ends THAT way...he throws for 500+ yards with a backup starting WR, and yet of course it gets decided on the last errant pass.  His career in a nutshell.  And yet it's nuts to blame this loss on him.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 October 2013 - 06:41 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#25 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

I think 99% of America is loving this Dallas-Denver Arena Football game right now, but CRASHER's probably decrying the end of football by now :lol:

Thankfully, I missed the game with the exception of the last 1:30.     Where is the defense????

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Thankfully, I missed the game with the exception of the last 1:30.     Where is the defense????

Playing defense in the NFL gets "MANLY" pink flags thrown at it :P

All that did was inflate the numbers....the result was given......

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,066 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

I needed every one of those stats to win in my other league, Peyton, Terrence Williams and Prater combined for 99 points for me in my 16-team PPR after the rest of my team did s*it lol...and the Arizona defense really helped out too shutting down my opponent's Panther contingent (Newton, Smith and DeAngelo).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 October 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#28 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Matt Schaub don't frak around getting his pick-6 burger on!

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#29 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Let's go Niners!

Edited by Mike Brown, 06 October 2013 - 07:50 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#30 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Atta boy Frankie!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

I think Schab is done in Texas.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

I can't wait to get Crabtree back.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#33 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Dallas exposed Denver's defense badly today.  I don't care that Von Miller's coming back since he's made a career of disappearing in big games against good teams and that was when he was on HGH.  Denver still has road games at Indianapolis and at San Diego plus a 15-day stretch of Kansas City twice sandwiching a trip to Foxboro.

Patriots defense played great again but the offense...  The offense looks like an offense that's built around 2 athletic all-pro TE's but one happens to be in jail and the other has been changing his tampon for the last 3 weeks.  Hence the Pats early season ineffectiveness especially in the red zone where Gronk is a monster weapon.  The problem today is when the weather becomes a monsoon the entire field becomes the red zone with good defenses loading-up on the run and playing press coverage knowing the elements and the lack of explosiveness in the Pats receiving corps won't cost them deep.

Gary Kubiak will be the first coach fired in the NFL this season.  Houston has been god-awful since they were emasculated in Foxboro late last year and that carried into the playoffs and now into this season.

#34 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Anyone who returns a ball from deep in the end zone on a kick off should be released. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#35 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Anyone who returns a ball from deep in the end zone on a kick off should be released. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For the love of god move the kickups back again!

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#36 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

I can't wait to get Crabtree back.

When he comes back please return Boldin back to Baltimore.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#37 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

When he comes back please return Boldin back to Baltimore.

NO!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#38 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Denever was good. Yeah was no defense but that game was great. They had to earn that win. Props to both of them. Only teams I see giving Denver a lose is Indy (if they keep playing like this) and possibly NE. Indy and Seattle was great game! I'm surprised that the patriots sucked this week and couldn't even get a single TD.

#39 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Tannehill is NOT solid. At best, he is very shaky. He was lucky the game wasn't out of hand in the first quarter if that INT isn't reversed. He has zero pocket awareness, as evidenced by the fact that he does not get rid of the ball and takes a million sacks. He's basically Alex Smith, but without the intelligence. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He's well on his way. a 62.6 completion percentage is above league avg. Not bad for someone early in year 2.

as for mistakes. He threw 13 picks last year and is on pace for 16 this year. There are Qb's in this league that will put that up in 5 weeks. He hasn't had much run game to speak of either...or a TE (Keller)

Kid is doing good considering the circumstances. Maybe you're being too hard a grader.

At his best, Tannehill can be like Carson Palmer (at HIS best, circa 05,06,07) That's actually pretty damn good.

Edited by '7', 07 October 2013 - 12:01 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#40 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

He's well on his way. a 62.6 completion percentage is above league avg. Not bad for someone early in year 2.

as for mistakes. He threw 13 picks last year and is on pace for 16 this year. There are Qb's in this league that will put that up in 5 weeks. He hasn't had much run game to speak of either...or a TE (Keller)

Kid is doing good considering the circumstances. Maybe you're being too hard a grader.

At his best, Tannehill can be like Carson Palmer (at HIS best, circa 05,06,07) That's actually pretty damn good.

I've just been through this dog and pony show before with Chad Henne. 

I don't want to slight the Ravens too much, but this was a very winnable game for the Phins that wasn't as close as the score suggests.  There's an INT that was called back by the slimmest of margins, and a great play on defense that resulted in a touchdown.  If the idea is that over time the team's fortunes are tied to the QB, yesterday does not bode well.  People blame the O-line, but a truly good QB knows how to compensate for that.  Andrew Luck I believe statistically had the worst offensive line in football last year, and perhaps one of the worst in history, yet he still won 11 games.  And while there were drops, they were what I would call excusable ones.  For example, on a long pass down the side-line the ball went through Wallace's hands, but the DB's arms were in Wallace's face.  Even the best WR will not come down with that catch at least 20 percent of the time. 

Yeah, you can always look to the transitive logic and say, the Phins beat the Colts, who beat the Seahawks, therefore the Phins can beat the Seahawks.  But that only lasts so long. 

At this point, I'm trying to convince myself that I'll the Jets/Phins game on December 1 that I'm going to will be a meaningful one for the Phins.  I suppose I ought to be satisifed if that turns out to be the cas.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users