65 replies to this topic

#41 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Dallas exposed Denver's defense badly today.  I don't care that Von Miller's coming back since he's made a career of disappearing in big games against good teams and that was when he was on HGH.  Denver still has road games at Indianapolis and at San Diego plus a 15-day stretch of Kansas City twice sandwiching a trip to Foxboro.

Patriots defense played great again but the offense...  The offense looks like an offense that's built around 2 athletic all-pro TE's but one happens to be in jail and the other has been changing his tampon for the last 3 weeks.  Hence the Pats early season ineffectiveness especially in the red zone where Gronk is a monster weapon.  The problem today is when the weather becomes a monsoon the entire field becomes the red zone with good defenses loading-up on the run and playing press coverage knowing the elements and the lack of explosiveness in the Pats receiving corps won't cost them deep.

Gary Kubiak will be the first coach fired in the NFL this season.  Houston has been god-awful since they were emasculated in Foxboro late last year and that carried into the playoffs and now into this season.

Sucks that the Pats lots, but in the week-to-week NFL, sh!t happens, and besides, the Pats were hardly dominant in going 4-0...some breaks were going to go against them eventually. 

I'm actually pretty optimistic, in that the Pats have somehow managed to allow just 70 points through five games.  The big test will come against the Saints of course (and I expect the Pats to give up 30+ in that one)...but if they somehow hold that team to 20 points or so, I'll start believing in them...a little. 

Gronk, get the fvck back on the field for Week 6. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#42 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Impressed with the Eagles today. They overcame a brief Giants uprising and wrestled that game back. I really can't stand Cruz with all his yapping at the refs after every incomplete pass.

Miami really needs a bye with those injuries on D. I know Carroll and Wake went out of the game today. Wake was already playing banged up though.

Tannehill is pretty solid. He came up with some big plays...but they did sort of botch the end of the game...you can't settle for 57 yards to tie.

Its the o-line, they're horrible. On the 3rd down that made it a 57-yarder, Tyson Clabo got backed into the QB (as he always does) by Suggs, resulting in a 5-yard loss. Otherwise it would've been a 52-yarder. Still a long kick, by makeable for Sturgis. Tannehill played great yesterday, over 3 bills, a TD, no turnovers, and all while spending most of the afternoon on his back or trying to avoid being on his back and every a$$hole on the field dropping passes. The o-line needs to be addressed during the bye, its ridiculous already. And indeed the bye comes at a good time, we need to heal up on D.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#43 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Wow, loving the Jets play calling that first drive. Too bad coaching staff hesitated on the forth and 1. Otherwise, impressive
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

It was too long to go for it on 4th and 1 anyway, more like 1 1/2 and the team sucks short-yardage.  Might as well have taken the delay of game and saved the timeout that deep in.

Wow, that's why this D is overrated.  Can't even get a turnover when they GIVE it to you.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

It was too long to go for it on 4th and 1 anyway, more like 1 1/2 and the team sucks short-yardage.  Might as well have taken the delay of game and saved the timeout that deep in.

Wow, that's why this D is overrated.  Can't even get a turnover when they GIVE it to you.

Probably a little harsh, was kind of bang-bang, and damn if those footballs don't take some screwy bounces at times. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 07 October 2013 - 08:15 PM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

In fairness the D actually played well in the first half other than the missed turnover opportunities.  But it's asking a lot to week after week expect the D to hold teams under 20 points when they don't create turnovers and take all sorts of penalties themselves.

WTF was Mike Smith doing going for it on 4th down at the end of the half though.  A HUGE difference between 17-7 and 17-10 going into the locker room, especially with the Jets getting the ball at the start of the 3rd.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#47 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Atlanta has like the best receiving core in the league. A good running back a good qb..this super bowl or bust year is a bust..there defense sucks..

#48 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Looks like the AFC East is coming dangerously close to fvcking up Atlanta's season. 

Don't look now, but the NY Jets are seriously flirting with relevancy.  At they very least, even if they lose tonight, they made both NE and Atlanta work hard for their wins. 

#30 FOREVER!

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

The secondary still worries me down the stretch (Ryan's like 24-27 so far) and isn't good overall besides Cro...but yeah I thought this would be a **it-housing.  It is nice to finally see - so far - what happens when the QB doesn't turn it over three times a game for us though.

#50 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

That's the right call but wow I've never seen a personal foul on a punter for horse-collaring :lol:

#51 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

What's interesting about this is, if the Jets decide to part ways with Rex Ryan should the Jets go 7-9 or 6-10 (I'm not sure how they could let him go if he goes 8-8 with a QB who was clearly green to start the year), Ryan might be able to get another head coaching gig, instead of having to be a defensive coordinator again. 

#30 FOREVER!

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

Wow...the Jets deserve credit for what they're doing, but this is a disaster for the Falcons.  Potential back-to-back home losses, and three straight overall to the AFC East.  The losses are at least out of conference, which takes a teeny amount of the sting out, but that's a team that NEEDS its home wins in the worst way. 

#30 FOREVER!

#53 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Rex going for one made no sense in that spot...his players do play for him which is half the battle but some of his gameday decisions are pure WTF moments.

#54 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Predictably, the D lets the Falcons go right through them.  Predictably, the Jets' offense goes three and out.  We know how this script usually ends :P

#55 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

And ANOTHER stupid penalty away from the play by the Jets in the endzone :argh:

More clutch play from this 'great' defense :P

#56 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

And the jets throw away the win.

#57 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

And ANOTHER stupid penalty away from the play by the Jets in the endzone :argh:

More clutch play from this 'great' defense :P

While I am happy right now that it's at the Jets expense this time, I really wish that something could be done about ticky tack pass interference and holding penalties.  It's just an invitation for the refs to call it whenever they want.

I think Gruden is right that pass interference ought to be something blatant.  Perhaps the trade off is that offensive holding be given the same treatment.  At that point, the game might actually be decided by the players a little more often.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#58 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Atlanta getting carved up...not sure why any Jets fans would be so quick to bail in this spot...lots of time left, all three time outs, only need a FG.

Win or lose, terrific game for Geno Smith. 

Falcons are toast. 

#30 FOREVER!

#59 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Holy crap...this week it's Rex and the D that owe Geno a vote of thanks :blink:

#60 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Well earned win for the Jets. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users