65 replies to this topic

#61 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,069 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Geno has his limitations, but he showed a lot of moxie this week...apologizing face-to-face to the D for his game last week, then going out and delivering against a hungry team on the road this week.

And I'll say this again...why the Jets were looking to get rid of Nick Folk this offseason I have no idea.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#62 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,283 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Jets - Pats game two weeks from now just got very interesting...both teams could be 4-2 heading into that one...

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#63 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Geno has his limitations, but he showed a lot of moxie this week...apologizing face-to-face to the D for his game last week, then going out and delivering against a hungry team on the road this week.

And I'll say this again...why the Jets were looking to get rid of Nick Folk this offseason I have no idea.

More TD passes and same amount of wins as Tannehill. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#64 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Kudos to the Jets. Best coached game of the year so far. Solid game plans in all three phases. Very impressive.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#65 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,069 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Jets - Pats game two weeks from now just got very interesting...both teams could be 4-2 heading into that one...

Yeah but I ain't counting any chickens yet...the Steeler game is exactly the kind of game that always trips the Jets up the minute they get any prosperity, especially at home. But at least things are still interesting after five weeks, which is more than I expected anyway :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 07 October 2013 - 10:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#66 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Well it's too early to say this game was a "turning point" or anything, but this is the best game a Jets qb played (with no Holmes and a hobbled, but gutsy Kellen Winslow) in a long long time

Mo Wilk, what can you say. He will be in the discussion of top 5 defensive players in the entire league soon

Rex as usual loves to send everyone on a game deciding 3rd or 4th down. It never works. Might as well stick with conventional, because most of the time that gets it done too.

Refs tried...boy did they try to give this game to Atlanta. But the Jets took it right back

Folk still worries me, but he's yet to cost a game with a FG (knock on wood)

Geno was perfect. Didn't run backwards, didn't dance around and take 20 yard sacks. Took whatever the falcons gave him. Shots downfield (Cumberland) when he had them. Dump offs to Kerley and Powell when he had those. He protected the football. He was calm, cool, and collective taking us down for the winning field goal.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users