Photo

The Devils Should....... (fill in the blank)

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

When the right guys are playing, we have a top 10 defense in my opinion.  As far as offense, Zajac, Henrique and Elias are the most important players.  I'm expecting the typical 65-70 points from Elias.  It comes down to Zajac and Henrique.  If those guys perform, all of our forwards become better.  It's a hard read to know how good this team will be offensively.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#42 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

When the right guys are playing, we have a top 10 defense in my opinion.  As far as offense, Zajac, Henrique and Elias are the most important players.  I'm expecting the typical 65-70 points from Elias.  It comes down to Zajac and Henrique.  If those guys perform, all of our forwards become better.  It's a hard read to know how good this team will be offensively.

Agree.   Zajac seems lost without Parise and Langenbrunner to complement him.    Henrique doesn't have the same dazzle as he first did.   Is Deboer's system stifling him?

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#43 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Agree.   Zajac seems lost without Parise and Langenbrunner to complement him.    Henrique doesn't have the same dazzle as he first did.   Is Deboer's system stifling him?

I'm only looking for a combined 90-100 points from those two.  I think that'll be plenty.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#44 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Zajac I think is gnna be a bad re-sign, I think he was made a lot better by his surrounding cast. He's is at best a 2nd line player the way he looks.

Henrique has a lot to like, for some reason he is missing empty nets and just not finishing. I really liked his moves on the penalty shot, just needed to lift the puck but I think it got away from him. He has skill, grit, and defensive ability. I think he fits the system fine, he just needs to snap out of his funk.

Edited by Sneax, 06 October 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#45 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Zajac I think is gnna be a bad re-sign, I think he was made a lot better by his surrounding cast. He's is at best a 2nd line player the way he looks.

Henrique has a lot to like, for some reason he is missing empty nets and just not finishing. I really liked him moves on the penalty shot, just needed to life the puck but I think it got away from him. He has skill, grit, and defensive ability. I think he fits the system fine, he just needs to snap out of his funk.

We lose Zajac, we would be screwed.  He's still an elite defensive center.  And he's good enough offensively (assuming he can put up 50 points).  He still has his great shot and good passing ability.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#46 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Consider either waiving gionta, or moving Josefson via trade.  Absolute waste to have JJ collecting dust while Gio plays.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 06 October 2013 - 06:16 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#47 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, Zajac is really great defensively. I notice a lot of the defensemen on the team really trust him to cover for them when they make a risky offensive play. I still have faith that the offense will come.

#48 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

I just don't understand what has happened to zajac.. The only explanation is he doesn't produce well when he isn't with players that can bring out his skill as said above parise and langs. .. Henrique i think something is just slightly missing as well one already said hes almost there just doesn't see to be able to finish.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#49 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, Zajac is really great defensively. I notice a lot of the defensemen on the team really trust him to cover for them when they make a risky offensive play. I still have faith that the offense will come.

He needs to shoot more.

I just don't understand what has happened to zajac.. The only explanation is he doesn't produce well when he isn't with players that can bring out his skill as said above parise and langs. .. Henrique i think something is just slightly missing as well one already said hes almost there just doesn't see to be able to finish.

For some reason, he's unable to hit open nets like someone else said.  Shots that Parise were guaranteed to make, he just can't.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#50 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

He needs to shoot more.

For some reason, he's unable to hit open nets like someone else said.  Shots that Parise were guaranteed to make, he just can't.

I spoke to Zajac before the Cup run and he said Oates made him change his stick to improve winning face-offs. It was a drastic change from what he originally used and he said shooting was difficult with it. I have both sticks and I can see how it could be a rough go getting used to the new after years of using something else.

#51 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

I spoke to Zajac before the Cup run and he said Oates made him change his stick to improve winning face-offs. It was a drastic change from what he originally used and he said shooting was difficult with it. I have both sticks and I can see how it could be a rough go getting used to the new after years of using something else.

Interesting.  His shot is a great weapon.  I hope he can learn to shoot with the new stick.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#52 TomsRiverDevil

TomsRiverDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

make Zajac switch his stick back.

(has there been an improvement in FO since the switch?)

Edited by TomsRiverDevil, 07 October 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#53 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think Zajac and Henrique were both benefits of circumstance...say what you want about Zach Parise, but he made his linemates better.  Zajac hasn't looked the same since Parise left, although he looked decent with Kovy on his wing.

Henrique should probably send Parise and Kovy personal thank-yous for that contract he signed over the summer, as I think playing with both of them really upped his value substantially.  I'm hoping he finds his game, but I think playing with two of the games best wingers on his line as a rookie might have led to some unreal expectations of him going forward.  I don't think he ever touches Parise's production.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#54 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'm pretty sure Zajac had said it really helped him, otherwise why would he keep it? I could be wrong though.

#55 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

I agree.  He had a wicked shot with the old one.  He was good at face-offs with that stick too.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#56 TomsRiverDevil

TomsRiverDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

play the ottawa oilers every night

#57 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

play the ottawa oilers every night

lol they should most certainly dominate every night like theyre playing the oilers
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#58 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

It was the Edmonton Senators. But I agree lol

#59 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

Learn how to win a fvcking shootout

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

FREE FAYNE

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users