37 replies to this topic

#21 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Right, cause firing your coach 3 games into the season is a great way to portray yourself as an organization.  Maybe the ownership/Homer should start showing up to practices and actually observe the coaching staff and try to see if the coaching is really the problem. I.E. players not responding, players looking unhappy, players obviously not understanding, not gelling as a unit.  Yeah, I know, showing up to a practice or two may not give a sense of the real problem at hand, but come on, THREE games in and Lavi is most likely out the door.

Its hard to know whats up behind closed doors, think of Julien's firing riiiight before the playoffs with a handful of games left and we were like on top of the conference. We certainly made a good impression to the organization there either. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#22 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Just watched the presser...

One reporter asked Snider if bringing in someone "insular" to the organization -- from a culture of "losing" -- was the right move, and Snider got his panties in a bunch.

He said they don't need a fresh perspective.

Interesting...

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,884 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Guess Holmgren's job is safe for another several years, excellent.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Guess Holmgren's job is safe for another several years, excellent.

That be great for the rest of the East. I think he is an idiot and history shows that, but a lot of his moves were really made by Snider. He gets a free pass on Bryzgalov because that was 100% his bosses decision.

Having said that, they brought in Hextall, and I don't think it would be a big shocker if he took over sooner than later.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#25 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Rofl, Phailures.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#26 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Its hard to know whats up behind closed doors, think of Julien's firing riiiight before the playoffs with a handful of games left and we were like on top of the conference. We certainly made a good impression to the organization there either. 

I see what your saying.  But that's a different situation, that was before the playoffs (which is just as risky), not three games into the season.  I bet if the press asked Holmgren, "Did you see anything in particular that helped you make your decision?", Homer would not have a very well defined answer.  You don't do this so early in the season.  If your Holmgren, you need to have the presence of mind and vision to make this decision before the season starts, well before your season opener.   Indecisiveness like this is what gets you into trouble.  Bottom line, this is very piss poor leadership.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#27 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

I bet if the press asked Holmgren, "Did you see anything in particular that helped you make your decision?", Homer would not have a very well defined answer.

Take it for what it's worth, but Holmgren said they didn't have a good feeling about the team from the first day of camp on.  They saw something they didn't like, and nothing changed between then and now.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#28 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

This move doesn't reall make sense. Why do it three games in? I know he had a short leash after last season but they should've just done this during the offseason

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#29 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

http://www.bobsblitz...n (Bob's Blitz)

#30 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

http://www.bobsblitz...n (Bob's Blitz)

haha nice.

The article after that with the flaming drink looks great

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#31 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

This move doesn't reall make sense. Why do it three games in? I know he had a short leash after last season but they should've just done this during the offseason

Agreed. That said, they went 1-5-1 in preseason and looked worse than that doing it. Then they started poorly (last in the East, worst goal differential in the league) so they made a panicky move. That's their thing - the short sighted personel move is the patented Flyers move.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#32 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Any spot in the organization for Lavi?

#33 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

vadvlfan is Paul Holmgren?  Wouldn't've guessed that. 

I like Laviolette and hope he can go to the Western Conference for a change.

Damn your good. the press conf. became a little testy today.  One reporter asked, 11 coaches in 20 years? (Holmgren-is it that many?) suggested that maybe they shgould change the "culture"  Snider was pissed.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#34 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

I actually thought he was a good coach. Hope he gets a spot somewhere else and shines, basically a coach version of Bobrovsky lol

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#35 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Crazy move, 3 games into the season?  when is Holmgren held accountable for the infinite failures he has over seen??

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#36 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

I don't like him as a person (running people out of town for being "immoral" while having weird interviews with a sideline reporter is a classic), but that's a pretty quick turfing.   Since everyone besides Berube gets fired, obviously he was stabbed in the back.   Not sure what the hell Berube brings to the table.   Weird organization, never seems like they're on the same page and there's always some influence stabbing people in the back.   

#37 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Laviolette is a terrific coach imo.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#38 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,873 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Crazy move, 3 games into the season?  when is Holmgren held accountable for the infinite failures he has over seen??

They didn't like how they looked at the start of camp. Preseason didn't help. But for a good coach like Lavy, it was unfair. If you're so hell bent on making a change, let him go before the year. Moving Berube up is solid. He's paid his dues in the minors and as an assistant. Maybe they'll respond. 

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users