#241 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

I'm extremely paranoid about this.

I wouldn't be worried now.  I'd be worried if they were a little above .500 at the deadline, stayed pat and then fell apart.   as it is now, not really, I don't think they're bottom of the league awful and they have things they can move for picks

#242 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Man, I just can't get excited about this team roster this year. 

I might be excited by the future, but the way the coaching staff has been managing our players of the future is just mortgaging everything.

#243 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,030 posts

If you guys think this loss sucks... Just wait when we have to forfeit a top pick at the end of the season and that we're the laughing stock of the league because of it if we continue to play like this.

That being said i mean... I can this happen really? Its been 2 years that every mistakes or broken play endup on a players stick wide open and in the back of the net, we simply dont get any fvcking break its frustrating

The Elias goal was kind of a break

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#244 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Even if we did get a top pick in the draft, it doesn't matter because we'll mismanage their development anyway. 

#245 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

the results don't bother me as much as the way the last two happened.   this is a brutal schedule and if they stay within a win of .500 it is what it is

#246 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

Jesus, I can't even watch these postgame interviews. How many "character building losses" does this team need PDB?

believe-devs.jpg

#247 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

I wouldn't be worried now.  I'd be worried if they were a little above .500 at the deadline, stayed pat and then fell apart.   as it is now, not really, I don't think they're bottom of the league awful and they have things they can move for picks

Do we have a player we can sacrifice for a first rounder?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#248 Rogan The Goat

Rogan The Goat

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Salvador

Lmfao

#249 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

This isn't the year to suck, Devils! Next year is more okay, but not this year.

Ugly, ugly game tonight. There actually wasn't very much good to take from this one. Cory looked pretty good, I thought. Olesz, too, created some chances, despite being on the Gionta line. Ah well, hopefully Fayne can stay in the lineup for some time. Harrold out for Larsson would be great, but unlikely.

Other than that, a lot of invisible players tonight. It seemed like the Elias line was the only line that did anything. It's just weird that it seems that the defense is a bigger problem this year.

#250 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Jagr, Ryder, Brunner, some combination, matters how they play.   I don't think Jagr has any chance of getting up there but weirder things have happened.  It's going to take some creativity, but that's on Lou.   I think if they got lucky they could get two twos and a bad one and then go from there

#251 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

78 games to go.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#252 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Oh, also, since it has been asked a couple times in this thread, I'm nearly 100% sure that is not Cory Schneider's wife in the commercial. I'm not sure what reason you'd have to believe that it is, actually.

#253 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Oh, also, since it has been asked a couple times in this thread, I'm nearly 100% sure that is not Cory Schneider's wife in the commercial. I'm not sure what reason you'd have to believe that it is, actually.

Well you never know.  lol

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#254 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Lou's not going to fire sale. It's just not how he does things. Besides, If he didn't do it in 10-11 he'll never do it. I can see a similar type of moves where someone will be this year's Langenbrunner and Arnott but he's not gutting it. I'd hope Buffalo tanks and see who lines up for Vanek. What's the price there? Henrique to start? Gelinas?

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#255 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

The reason why you guys are already giving up on this team is because everyone completely over-hyped them in the first place. I can't believe how many of you we're ready to go full speed ahead with this lineup.

Listen, this is just an above average team and anyone who thought it was an elite team is crazy. I know, we're yet to get a W but we are lucky to have 3 points right now.

Giving up 3-0 and 2-0 leads are absolutely unacceptable. The fact that our offense is already scoring more than this time last year (sort of a guess there) means that our O is a blessing right now. Just realize there are better teams doing less and that we have a lot of time to get things together.

Just please Devs, play the next game absolutely relentless for all 60 mins.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#256 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

Well you never know.  lol

haha, wasn't calling you out. I just meant for those saying that it is her, I don't know where that is coming from. It's more likely that they hire actors for those things.

#257 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Really? Didn't see him let in one softie, I saw Volchenkov tip it into our net and then more sh1tty defense to allow the edler goal, and THEN I saw a great screen in front of Schnieder for the OT winner.

Man I'm about done with this forum, you guys are some terrible fans. Fvcking bashing and bashing and bashing the goaltenders and just pure hatred for a team that played fairly well today. 

We need some real fans up in here, seriously.

Now my official "rant" of the night: Salvador still sucks, that is all.

Sarcasm. It will show up a lot around here. 

I think DD56 was being sarcastic in his post

Thank you!

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#258 Rogan The Goat

Rogan The Goat

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

If you really think they played "fairly well today" I don't wanna be a "fan".

It's a forum...people rant. Don't login after a loss if you dislike it.

I'm all for ranting.

I'm not all for literally writing off the season and bashing our franchise players for the fourth game of the season ( this goes for last nights debacle too).

As a fan I wanted to find a forum that was all Devils and people who devoted themselves to the team. But from what I see is just a bunch of people who overeact and then start pointing fingers. Have some faith in them and show some support is where I'm getting at.

The only player I'll never show support for is Salvador because he's just garbage.

#259 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

The reason why you guys are already giving up on this team is because everyone completely over-hyped them in the first place. I can't believe how many of you we're ready to go full speed ahead with this lineup.

Listen, this is just an above average team and anyone who thought it was an elite team is crazy. I know, we're yet to get a W but we are lucky to have 3 points right now.

Giving up 3-0 and 2-0 leads are absolutely unacceptable. The fact that our offense is already scoring more than this time last year (sort of a guess there) means that our O is a blessing right now. Just realize there are better teams doing less and that we have a lot of time to get things together.

Just please Devs, play the next game absolutely relentless for all 60 mins.

I don't know why anyone would over hype them, they're on a 10-27 run going back to 9-3-3 last season.

The problem is they have alot of new mercish parts and a brutal schedule up until Thanksgiving, and honestly it's never a great schedule up until the end of the season.   On the plus side we don't have to do these trips then, but they can really get buried early if they don't win some games on the road.

#260 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hey we can be the Rags look at that loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users