346 replies to this topic

#301 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Have to give it time.  Of course everyone jumping up and down about Gionta, who played all 48 games last year, forgets that Ryan Carter just got healthy scratched, and he's never missed a game while healthy (missed 4 games last year due to concussion).

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#302 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

re: Volchenkov seeming getting a pass:

his minutes have been reduced each of the last two games

he got healthy scratched 5 or 6 games last year

he is not beyond reproach.

Salvador on the other hand...

and for God's sake, can we get Josefson in for Gionta. Enough is enough. No matter how you slice it, Gionta has been a disaster. Traditional Stats. "Advanced Stats." Helen Keller Stats. He's been bad. Teams are licking their chops to send their best out against him.

If Gionta would be on a one way deal then i'd understand, Lou wouldnt want to risk losing him on waivers (small pause thinking of Urbom...), but he can be send down any time. It doesnt make sense

www.SterioDesign.com

#303 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

If Gionta would be on a one way deal then i'd understand, Lou wouldnt want to risk losing him on waivers (small pause thinking of Urbom...), but he can be send down any time. It doesnt make sense

I think Gionta is waiver eligible.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#304 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

I think Gionta is waiver eligible.

he is. he has a 2-way which means he's paid less in the AHL. but can still get claimed. i highly doubt it would happen though.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#305 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

he is. he has a 2-way which means he's paid less in the AHL. but can still get claimed. i highly doubt it would happen though.

send him down...and dont call us...we'll call you....let some of the talent play up here

#306 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

felt like elias and jagr were getting a ton of time last night.. especially elias. anyone know how much time he and jagr had last night?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#307 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

re: Volchenkov seeming getting a pass:

his minutes have been reduced each of the last two games

he got healthy scratched 5 or 6 games last year

he is not beyond reproach.

Salvador on the other hand...

and for God's sake, can we get Josefson in for Gionta. Enough is enough. No matter how you slice it, Gionta has been a disaster. Traditional Stats. "Advanced Stats." Helen Keller Stats. He's been bad. Teams are licking their chops to send their best out against him.

Gotta hand it to Torts and other coaches for that matter. This may be the way Josefson gets in the lineup. 

#308 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Ugh our save percentages are....

Schneider   .887

Brodeur      .868

#309 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

Ugh our save percentages are....

Schneider   .887

Brodeur      .868

That might be indicative of Brodeur this season.

Too small a sample size for Schneider.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#310 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

And yet the Devils have 3 points, so that's something to be thankful for.  

#311 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

That looks about league average this season. The goal totals are racking up pretty high this year.

#312 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

And yet the Devils have 3 points, so that's something to be thankful for.  

3 out of a possible 8 though. If this team had any stamina and decent defense we'd have 6 points.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#313 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

3 out of a possible 8 though. If this team had any stamina and decent defense we'd have 6 points.

The "D" has been brutal, I've been yelling for a youth movement for 2 years, the "D" could not be an y worse with the kids, time is now to get Merril,Gelinas here, and Urbom should be here as well, mistake by LL

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#314 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Also if they got some good goaltending.  Last night was the first time they did.

#315 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

We've played more games than most of the "Metro's"....so we should have some points

#316 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Calling up players does not equal a better team most likely.  We all understand that.

As fans I think we feel we have a losing formula at play.  It's not the losing, it's the apparent inaction that gets everyone in an uproar.

It has been proven that these passable vets are not able to finish, and it feels like alternatives are not being considered.

It's exciting to watch prospective players because there is so much to see and understand and fix. There is potential and that's motivational, energizing.  These go-to vets who you know can't  CAN'T bring anything new or fresh to the table -- watching that is like praying that something will change.  It's very passive.  One also gets the feeling they're dragging down hope -- the hope that the few new pieces will motivate them.  Well, obviously the new guys trust these old static vets because they tend to adopt the stolid mind-set.  Particularly when someone like Fayne - you feel like he's penalized for his freshness.  He's far from passionate but it feels like he is compared to the rest.    You also ask yourself how it is that Schneider could do his job so well in front of these AHL defence core that was our pre-season D.  Stevens was animated behind the bench in pre-season. True they aren't showing him now but  -- the passion is just not with this team.  Bad desperation a la Gio is what I see.  Is someone mistaking that crisis mode for passionate play?  The result is for sh!t -- could be worse -- so the team is playing for loser points? 

It's just not engaging.  They players aren't.  And how can a team win without any kind of engagement?

I'm here for the party

#317 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Bettman will now take another pick away for circumventing the standings.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#318 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Calling up players does not equal a better team most likely.  We all understand that.

As fans I think we feel we have a losing formula at play.  It's not the losing, it's the apparent inaction that gets everyone in an uproar.

It has been proven that these passable vets are not able to finish, and it feels like alternatives are not being considered.

It's exciting to watch prospective players because there is so much to see and understand and fix. There is potential and that's motivational, energizing.  These go-to vets who you know can't  CAN'T bring anything new or fresh to the table -- watching that is like praying that something will change.  It's very passive.  One also gets the feeling they're dragging down hope -- the hope that the few new pieces will motivate them.  Well, obviously the new guys trust these old static vets because they tend to adopt the stolid mind-set.  Particularly when someone like Fayne - you feel like he's penalized for his freshness.  He's far from passionate but it feels like he is compared to the rest.    You also ask yourself how it is that Schneider could do his job so well in front of these AHL defence core that was our pre-season D.  Stevens was animated behind the bench in pre-season. True they aren't showing him now but  -- the passion is just not with this team.  Bad desperation a la Gio is what I see.  Is someone mistaking that crisis mode for passionate play?  The result is for sh!t -- could be worse -- so the team is playing for loser points? 

It's just not engaging.  They players aren't.  And how can a team win without any kind of engagement?

The D is WAY slow. When they are stationary, they are great at blocking shots (or in Volch's case, redirecting pucks into our own goal), but how many times this season have opposing teams blown right by our D for an odd man rush or breakaway?

Not to mention they can't make an outlet pass for the life of them.. they are too worried about dumping it out of our zone and icing everytime there is the slightest amount of pressure.

Put food on my family

#319 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

The D is WAY slow. When they are stationary, they are great at blocking shots (or in Volch's case, redirecting pucks into our own goal), but how many times this season have opposing teams blown right by our D for an odd man rush or breakaway?

Not to mention they can't make an outlet pass for the life of them.. they are too worried about dumping it out of our zone and icing everytime there is the slightest amount of pressure.

i agree i feel like they cant keep up and they keep getting caught up allowing break aways and such.. it looks like they dont have the talent to carry the puck out of the zone and into the oppositions side which is why the just dump it out and chase..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#320 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Couldn't agree more about the defense.  Fayne needs to stay in the lineup because he's actually good with the puck and he's a good skater.  Only defenseman better at skating on this team is Adam Greene.  Looking back, I really wish we would have kept Tallinder.  Why Lou didn't use a compliance buyout on Volch boggles my mind.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users