346 replies to this topic

#21 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

LU have put on twitter the picture use in this thread intro...  Friendly fight... looks fun ; ) 

Miss you buddy.....

#22 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

TODAY'S CRYPTOGRAM:

AHZ'B YG CHXSAB!
DSW SZ EGV FGVP...
GV RWPGWH RZ ZKSB NGSWZ!
HXHW ZKH JTB CVSXHV!

LET'S GO DEVILS!
WIN IT FOR CORY...
OR ANYONE AT THIS POINT!
EVEN THE BUS DRIVER!

believe-devs.jpg

#23 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

For the love of christ, stop icing Salvador, Harrold, and Gionta in the same lineup.

#24 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

What I predict leading up to tonight's game:

"No changes in lineup"

:glare:

Put food on my family

#25 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Schneider needs to act like he has a chip on his shoulder tonight.

They also need to get at least 2 wins out of this trip otherwise they won't make the playoffs unless drastic changes occur imo. Yes you can blow a season in October/November. They've done it before. 

Edited by Marv4Life, 08 October 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#26 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Schneider needs to have a big game tonight. O him, and for our team.

I still absolutely trust PDB and have never given up on him. Hopefully he gets Fayne in there soon though.

We need to have a short memory after the obviously tough one from last night.

LGD!!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#27 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Schneider needs to act like he has a chip on his shoulder tonight. That sounds pretty dramatic my friend. Although I do have faith that they will walk away with a couple wins on this trip.. the production has been there still dont understand how that melt down happened last night

They also need to get at least 2 wins out of this trip otherwise they won't make the playoffs unless drastic changes occur imo. Yes you can blow a season in October/November. They've done it before.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#28 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Schneider needs to have a big game tonight. O him, and for our team.
I still absolutely trust PDB and have never given up on him. Hopefully he gets Fayne in there soon though.
We need to have a short memory after the obviously tough one from last night.
LGD!!

speaking of needing to have a short memory I kinda get the feel it was like laughed off.. pdb didnt seem like he was overly stressed about it. Elias was laughing during his interview didnt seem too too concerned cracking jokes and so on...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Schneider needs to act like he has a chip on his shoulder tonight.

God, you make it sounds like it happens to them all of the time.  They've missed the playoffs 4X in Lou's tenure. 

October/November '89:  8-12-4 (team really wasn't that good though...'87-'88 team needed an insane hot streak just to get in the playoffs)

October/November '95:  11-10-6 (not great, but hardly enough to bury the Devils)

October/November '10...well, we know how bad that one was (8-14-2), but it was December that really killed them (2-11-0). 

Last season...no October/November, so doesn't really apply here. 

So basically, you can argue there was one season that absolutely killed the Devils from an October/November standpoint, but more accurately, it was a god-awful first half of the season, where every possible thing that could have gone wrong, did. 

I'll never understand why the panic button gets pressed so quickly around here, but it does get pressed a LOT.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#30 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

I think Elias and PDB were probably just happy to have gotten a point after collapsing like that. I also thought they looked good in the three minutes of OT. Its still early in the season and what we have seen is a team that is still getting to know one another and be consistent but that assmbled a nice group of forward to spread the scoring about.

I hope the team comes out angry and proves last night was a fluke.

LGD!!!

#31 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Alarm already set for 2:50am. Having a kip when I get home from work as I'm tired after last night. Please make it worth it devils. It kills me when we lose #ilovethedevils

you're the man. this guy is as die hard as it gets.

Chances someone new gets in the lineup? Do they all come along for the trip?

#32 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Let's Go Devils!

How about some defense?

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#33 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

If we have the offensive performances we did last night and simply don't panic in the 3rd period it's a win.

#34 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Vancouver is rested, the Devils are playing back to back after OT and Travel. What could possibly go wrong tonight?

LGD!

#35 Otty Ott-Sauce

Otty Ott-Sauce

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Have a feeling something good is gonna happen tonight. 

Maybe a little KovalCup magic?

KOVALCUP!!!

KovalCup 2011-2025!

#36 nick17112

nick17112

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Is there any chance we could be seeing Schneider start in goal for say a run of 6 or 7 games? This one in, one out isn't doing anybody any favours in terms of getting into a rhythm or streak. I'd like to see him given a run just to see what he can do
Zach Parise - Gone but not forgotten!!!!!

#37 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

you're the man. this guy is as die hard as it gets.

Chances someone new gets in the lineup? Do they all come along for the trip?

I remember reading a few days ago Tedenby was joining them for the trip, I'm not sure about the others..?

#38 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

if we loose fire deboer

#39 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

if we loose fire deboer

take it easy with the dramatics jesus.. who would you want to replace him with thats available??
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#40 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Lets Go Devils get two points

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users