449 replies to this topic

#361 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

I don't think Harrold is a bad defenseman, especially considering the play of some of our others. Why Pete continues to allow A-Train and Sal to play while Larsson, and Fayne continue to play musical chairs is beyond me. Also, while I am glad YaYo is getting into the lineup, WHY WHY WHY would you sit Lokti? I hope this game means a lot to the management in NJ.

I'm not too disappointed to see Loktionov sit. He hasn't been exactly wowing me lately. I just don't understand why Fayne isn't playing in every game.

#362 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

I don't think Harrold is a bad defenseman, especially considering the play of some of our others. Why Pete continues to allow A-Train and Sal to play while Larsson, and Fayne continue to play musical chairs is beyond me. Also, while I am glad YaYo is getting into the lineup, WHY WHY WHY would you sit Lokti? I hope this game means a lot to the management in NJ.

Loktionov has been pretty invisible lately. However, with Brunner nursing an injury, maybe he gets in tonight too.

#363 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

For Loktionov, yes he has been invisible lately... But i still think sit him is not the right thing to do... He need ice time ...

Anyway im not that disapointed on how the forward are manage by deboer... My problem is who they choose to play on defence

You are not winning and night after night you play the same Defence that look like a joke to grabner and any player who can skate.

Edited by caron14, 19 October 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#364 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Lmfao, found this over on HF. Hilarious: Back to the Future: NEWARK, NJ November 2030

With the Devils at 4-12-2, 88-year old GM Lou Lamoriello today fired coach Stephen Gionta and replaced him with 85-year old Jacques Lemaire, which makes them the oldest GM/coach tandem in professional sports history. 'This was not Stephen's fault', Lamoriello said after firing his 30th coach since becoming the GM 53 years ago. With the team mired in a losing streak the likes of which hasn't been seen since one-time coach Pete DeBoer, Lamoriello felt a change needed to be made.

After swearing that this was really it two years ago, Lemaire was once again lured out of retirement by Lamoriello. 'I know of noone better equipped to handle the situation we're in right now than Jacques', said the GM. While Lemaire will not go on road trips with the team, he'll be teleconferenced into the room during practice while assistant Scott Stevens runs the day-to-day operations. 'I know every other year I say this is it, but I just cannot say no to Lou', said the erstwhile Lemaire in his twelfth different stint with the team.

Despite such a record of coach turnover and yo-yoing, owners David Blitzer and Josh Harris continue to profess faith in Lamoriello. 'I just had some of his special sauce today', said Blitzer. 'It tastes like Kool-Aid'. Blitzer and Harris are in their eighteenth season of owning the Devils, although Post reporter Josh Kosman reports that the NHL has taken over the team and has the Devils on a budget. Harris vehemently denies these rumors calling them 'pure poppycock'.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#365 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Lmfao, found this over on HF. Hilarious: Back to the Future: NEWARK, NJ November 2030

With the Devils at 4-12-2, 88-year old GM Lou Lamoriello today fired coach Stephen Gionta and replaced him with 85-year old Jacques Lemaire, which makes them the oldest GM/coach tandem in professional sports history. 'This was not Stephen's fault', Lamoriello said after firing his 30th coach since becoming the GM 53 years ago. With the team mired in a losing streak the likes of which hasn't been seen since one-time coach Pete DeBoer, Lamoriello felt a change needed to be made.

After swearing that this was really it two years ago, Lemaire was once again lured out of retirement by Lamoriello. 'I know of noone better equipped to handle the situation we're in right now than Jacques', said the GM. While Lemaire will not go on road trips with the team, he'll be teleconferenced into the room during practice while assistant Scott Stevens runs the day-to-day operations. 'I know every other year I say this is it, but I just cannot say no to Lou', said the erstwhile Lemaire in his twelfth different stint with the team.

Despite such a record of coach turnover and yo-yoing, owners David Blitzer and Josh Harris continue to profess faith in Lamoriello. 'I just had some of his special sauce today', said Blitzer. 'It tastes like Kool-Aid'. Blitzer and Harris are in their eighteenth season of owning the Devils, although Post reporter Josh Kosman reports that the NHL has taken over the team and has the Devils on a budget. Harris vehemently denies these rumors calling them 'pure poppycock'.

I usually dont read long post's....but this was worth it !!!   Almost too "life like"

#366 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,149 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

the thing here... its typical for most fanbase to blame the coach when things go bad no matter what they rather put it on the coach instead of the players...

in this case though i think its fair to put some of that blame on Deboer because of his non-sense roster decisions

www.SterioDesign.com

#367 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

the thing here... its typical for most fanbase to blame the coach when things go bad no matter what they rather put it on the coach instead of the players...

in this case though i think its fair to put some of that blame on Deboer because of his non-sense roster decisions

Not just that, I fear he's stunting Larsson's development. And that's a problem.

#368 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

I liked what I saw from Gionta tonight.  Harrold still sucks though.  These two shouldn't be regulars.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#369 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Btw, and haven't seen discussed here yet, Schneider announced as starter for Columbus game, and no bitching from Marty yet.

A good sign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#370 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Btw, and haven't seen discussed here yet, Schneider announced as starter for Columbus game, and no bitching from Marty yet.

A good sign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't think he will.  He knows who the better goalie is.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#371 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I don't think he will.  He knows who the better goalie is.

One guy is 27 years old and has a .927 save% and the other is 41 with an .865.  Both DeBoer and the Devils were willing to give Marty a chance to show he could start at least half of the games, provided the disparity between the two wasn't huge...but even after 8 games, it's clear who's earned the chance...to everyone. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#372 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

They left out the part about both Parise and Kovy coming back....

#373 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

well we might as well get this thread going again.....

one win against a crap team after going winless in the first 7, probably 3 losses in a row comin up (including the loss tonight)

tick tock tick tock

#374 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

Chances of us winning against either the Canucks, Bruins and then the Lightning (have 5 wins and 10 pts).look quite slim.

#375 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

He needs to go.

#376 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

He's done. Do I know if another coach can come in and win? No. But at least bring in a guy who will help the youth develop. Pete isn't going to win AND has shown he isn't going to help bring the young players along. We can't have another lost season.

believe-devs.jpg

#377 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

i feel like a lot of people are hung up with the whole playoff run we had with him.. those people dont realize its also a totally different team
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#378 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

that trip to the finals a few years ago was pure luck, our 4th line clicked against the rags and Sal sold his sole to the devil in exchange for a few goals, if it wasnt for that luck, Pete wouldve been fired already

#379 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

Done-pete

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#380 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

How about Jim Playfair? Maybe he'll lose his mind again.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users