449 replies to this topic

#21 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Why don't Devs fans pressure media & social media, ask the questions... twitter, FB, email to Deb, Kenny, Sherry, EJ, NHLLive, etc... If anything, be nice to get answers to the 'unknowns/whys'

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Why don't Devs fans pressure media & social media, ask the questions... twitter, FB, email to Deb, Kenny, Sherry, EJ, NHLLive, etc... If anything, be nice to get answers to the 'unknowns/whys'

cause we know what kind of answers we'll get.

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Coaches aren't paid to develop players, they're paid to win.  This leads to tricky situations like the ones above - it's tough to separate past results from possible future results, especially since coaches have a hundred other things to worry about.  

It's three games into the season, not Game 5 of a playoff series.  Besides, it's not as if Larsson was screwing up all over the place LAST night.  Yet he's the one that gets scapegoated when Volch has inane pinches every game and is slower than dirt, while Harrold goes all the way over to the left boards leaving a man open in front of the net last night.  Harrold is a fill-in that gets treated like a regular.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 Aitchmack

Aitchmack

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'd like to see PDB not change his line combinations every other shift. How does he expect chemistry to develop when there's no consistency. He's gotta have some patience.

As for Larsson I think he's too laid back for his own good, which can make it look like he's not trying. He definitely needs to be more aggressive on ice and develop an edge. Opposition players seem to pick on him more than any of our other D.

#25 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Only sense I can make of this is Debo is trying to pull a mean streak out of Larsson. TG's tweets seem to show him pretty upset about it. Hopefully it all works out. 

Still, how can they be dressing a career minor leaguer for a 4th overall pick? 

#26 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,623 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Only sense I can make of this is Debo is trying to pull a mean streak out of Larsson. TG's tweets seem to show him pretty upset about it. Hopefully it all works out. 

Still, how can they be dressing a career minor leaguer for a 4th overall pick? 

Peter Harrold is not a career minor leaguer, but even so, he's outplaying Larsson.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#27 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

its the same situation for both the forwards and the defence... 

guys who are "better" and "should" be important parts of our future... are getting benched (and frustrated) over guys who clearly should be out for "wtv reasons" that no one other than Deboer seems to see.

Everyone here has to be wishing for an injury on Sal or Voch or Gionta cause it seems like its the only way.

www.SterioDesign.com

#28 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

I'd like to see PDB not change his line combinations every other shift. How does he expect chemistry to develop when there's no consistency. He's gotta have some patience.

As for Larsson I think he's too laid back for his own good, which can make it look like he's not trying. He definitely needs to be more aggressive on ice and develop an edge. Opposition players seem to pick on him more than any of our other D.

This. I never understood why he randomly switches player's lines willy nilly, it's not doing anything!

#29 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

This. I never understood why he randomly switches player's lines willy nilly, it's not doing anything!

Well Lemaire was doing it and we were fine with it. It's only frustrating cause we're not winning. If we'd be winning we'd be thinking... fvck we have an awesome lineup with interchangeable players who can play with anyone in any situations.

www.SterioDesign.com

#30 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Well Lemaire was doing it and we were fine with it. It's only frustrating cause we're not winning. If we'd be winning we'd be thinking... fvck we have an awesome lineup with interchangeable players who can play with anyone in any situations.

But he changes them every shift! Doesn't even give them time to see if they work well with each other. That's what he should be using practice time for, not a game...

#31 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Peter Harrold is not a career minor leaguer, but even so, he's outplaying Larsson.

Career minor leaguer is a stretch, but he certainly hasn't been much more than a spare part

#32 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Career minor leaguer is a stretch, but he certainly hasn't been much more than a spare part

He's certainly a great guy to have as an extra.  He's pretty good at moving the puck.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#33 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

fire him.... replace him by laviollette...

We need emotion right now and laviollette is that kind of coach

He is more adapt to the grup we have....

And laviollette is not scare to play the youngster

And those who said you coach to win.... you have better chance to win with josefson laarsson in the lineup than gionta and harrold

Edited by caron14, 10 October 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#34 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

It's three games into the season, not Game 5 of a playoff series.  Besides, it's not as if Larsson was screwing up all over the place LAST night.  Yet he's the one that gets scapegoated when Volch has inane pinches every game and is slower than dirt, while Harrold goes all the way over to the left boards leaving a man open in front of the net last night.  Harrold is a fill-in that gets treated like a regular.

DING DING DING.. We have a winner!!

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#35 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

Just saw the practice lines for tonights game. I give up.

At least there is this:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 3m
Sergei Fedorov coming out of retirement in Russia. Alert to Devils: Sign him. Another old guy you can dress over a young player.

AMEN!

Edited by John Wensink, 10 October 2013 - 10:06 AM.

"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#36 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Just when you thought the lineups couldn't get worse....

I was sure Loktionov was going out, but for Carter again? 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#37 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Just saw the practice lines for tonights game. I give up.

At least there is this:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 3m
Sergei Fedorov coming out of retirement in Russia. Alert to Devils: Sign him. Another old guy you can dress over a young player.

AMEN!

I really don't get it...Loktionov as the extra with Gionta still in.  Come on. 

#38 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

so Loktionov is on the 5th line in practice... fair to assume he won't play tonight and that Gionta will...

fvck you DeBoer, seriously fvck you.

www.SterioDesign.com

#39 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Game is tomorrow night gents.

Maybe we can call up Jay Leach too while we're at it? Really slow ourselves down.

#40 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

ah damn for some reason thought the game was tnight... oh well this clears up my evening

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users