#421 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

JMac 2.0

I think MacLean was given trash to work with.  Lou handcuffed him.  I remember a game where he had only 10 forwards or something.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#422 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

I think MacLean was given trash to work with.  Lou handcuffed him.  I remember a game where he had only 10 forwards or something.

I was mainly referring to his excuses in the post game interviews...its always the same story..and 0 results

#423 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

I was mainly referring to his excuses in the post game interviews...its always the same story..and 0 results

Well....."ya know".

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#424 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Problem may be that these guys dont want to play, they want to win. 

Talented people get benched while hard workers play -- and they lose. 

No one learns from benching that way. I think I was wrong -- this is a new team and that is the problem.  They dont understand the whole work ethic thing.  It can't be successfully pounded into their brains if they dont even want to hit the ice only to lose - they wont see their accountability. They just think deBoer is stupid and not giving them a chance all for his stupid code of honor or whatever.  It's a thought anyhow.

I'm here for the party

#425 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

Who is out there to take his place? Forget about Lemaire, he doesn't want to be a full time coach anymore.  He helped out Lou when Maclean was let go. Steven's /Dave Barr/Kowalski would have to take over. You still have same product on the ice. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh>t. 

My feelings are keep PDB, play more youth, (like buffalo's doing) and don't worry about the damn goal song 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#426 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Eek, I'm not keen on firing PDB if it means Stevens takes over full time...not yet, at least..

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#427 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Eek, I'm not keen on firing PDB if it means Stevens takes over full time...not yet, at least..

+1

Lou would take over though I'd wager.

I'm here for the party

#428 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Problem may be that these guys dont want to play, they want to win. 

Talented people get benched while hard workers play -- and they lose. 

No one learns from benching that way. I think I was wrong -- this is a new team and that is the problem.  They dont understand the whole work ethic thing.  It can't be successfully pounded into their brains if they dont even want to hit the ice only to lose - they wont see their accountability. They just think deBoer is stupid and not giving them a chance all for his stupid code of honor or whatever.  It's a thought anyhow.

It's not the "new team" that's the problem though. Schneider, Jagr, Ryder, and even Olesz are showing a ton of effort (and results) out there. I think they understand the whole work ethic thing; Jagr looks like the captain out there...

#429 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

I suspect they still give feedback. Why?

A) They haven't been witness to the trust building since they're new to the group -- they just see what looks like assumed entitlement. (perhaps)

B) They want to be liked in the new environment - best way is to invent a common enemy in close proximity. Sometimes The Rangers just don't cut it. (maybe) In life, this sort of manipulation is especially true of guys NOT on management's sh!t list.  Who wants to be goody two shoes?

C) I did have other new and even semi-new guys in mind - Lokti / Fayne may be part of the grousing. (possibly)

Edited by Pepperkorn, 24 October 2013 - 12:22 PM.

I'm here for the party

#430 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

I just want Fayne, Larsson, and Olesz to be in the lineup regularly. If Pete won't do that, then yes I want him gone.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#431 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

I just want Fayne, Larsson, and Olesz to be in the lineup regularly. If Pete won't do that, then yes I want him gone.

Well your wish has come true for tonight. I also want him to play Josefson and Teddy, Josefson deserves to be there. Tedenby is arguable but I still believe we have to show a lot more confidence in the little man.

#432 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Larsson said the coaches never really told him specifically what they wanted him to do better after he sat out for the two games. - See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.bXogs9HD.dpuf

Stuff like this bothers me to no fvcking end. What is Stevens' role on this team anyways?

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#433 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,140 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

The Devils have been leading or tied after regulation in 6 of the first 11 games. They have had sh!tty goaltending and have been competing very well. It's not that bad.

Deboer isn't going anywhere soon in my opinion. There is just no comparison to this team and the team that started the 2010-2011 season.

Edited by devilsrule33, 27 October 2013 - 12:08 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#434 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

The Devils have been leading or tied after regulation in 6 of the first 11 games. They have had sh!tty goaltending and have been competing very well. It's not that bad.

Deboer isn't going anywhere soon in my opinion. There is just no comparison to this team and the team that started the 2010-2011 team.

I agree with this entire post.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#435 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

Fire DeBoer

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#436 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

Fire DeBoer

if the Bruins didnt lay down and die last week....he'd be gonzo already

#437 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,140 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

Wrong. Lou is smart enough not to fire a coach 10 games into the season. You could go that route and be the Flyers and still suck...and then as the GM you have just asked to be fired. Not saying Lou expects to be fired...but when you fire a coach and still suck, it says enough about the job a GM has done.

This isn't a Johnny Mac situation where you have a coach that has no NHL coaching experience at all. This isn't a situation where a coach has been given all these new high priced stars. He has lost them all.

And just an FYI: For all the talk about Kovalchuk not doing this or that, the Devils had 1 win in the 11 games he missed last year. And they have 3 wins in 14 games without him this year. With him last year they were 18-13-6. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 03 November 2013 - 11:15 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#438 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

The Bruins didn't lay down.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#439 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

All this Johny Mac 2.0 crap is annoying, Pete took us to the SCF for god sake!! The ony way JMac was taking that team to the final was if he brought everyone on the team tickets.

Pete has done a good job, unforunatly he has one of the least tallented teams in New jersey in a long, long time.

It has been said Lou evaluates in blocks of 10 games, so i cant see anything happening until after Pitsburg on the 16th of November.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#440 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

lol, yeah, I want to see how lou does behind the bench without patty and travis, and this ad hoc lineup

if I were deboer I might be asking to get fired

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users