449 replies to this topic

#441 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

pete is not going to be fired its going to be the same old song and dance over here.. and in all fairness its not like he even has decent players to work with hes working with no talent trying to beat some of these more stacked teams i mean what does everyone really expect???
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#442 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

pete is not going to be fired its going to be the same old song and dance over here.. and in all fairness its not like he even has decent players to work with hes working with no talent trying to beat some of these more stacked teams i mean what does everyone really expect???

I agree. A big positive here was that, until the Flyers game, he's kept this rag-tag group competitive and playing a pretty high level. They're obviously deflated now, injuries have shown their ugly head, and not only did we not have the roster to be a great team, we definitely don't have the depth to deal with these ridiculously timed injuries.

#443 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

I agree. A big positive here was that, until the Flyers game, he's kept this rag-tag group competitive and playing a pretty high level. They're obviously deflated now, injuries have shown their ugly head, and not only did we not have the roster to be a great team, we definitely don't have the depth to deal with these ridiculously timed injuries.

the injury list just keeps growing and taking a toll on them... i dont remember the last time there were this many important players out of the line up.. ive said it many times and ill say it once more.. clowe being out isnt helping us either not that hes done a damn thing in the games he has played but he was given a top role here and we need all of those players to come to work
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#444 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

But my calling for his head extends beyond personnel. yes, you need players to do their freaking jobs and score on occasion, but the game planning just is baffling to me. As others have pointed out, our power play gaining the zone strategy has been the same dump, chase, lose puck, clear. really don't get our team on so many levels right now, but PDB's constant insinuations of this just being bad puck luck is getting as old as hearing "status quo" all the freaking time.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#445 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

I don't think he will be fired. He just won't be resigned after this season if we miss the playoffs again. That cup finals has secured his job through the contract.

Devils.

#446 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

But my calling for his head extends beyond personnel. yes, you need players to do their freaking jobs and score on occasion, but the game planning just is baffling to me. As others have pointed out, our power play gaining the zone strategy has been the same dump, chase, lose puck, clear. really don't get our team on so many levels right now, but PDB's constant insinuations of this just being bad puck luck is getting as old as hearing "status quo" all the freaking time.

Even at full health, this team lacks talent. Losing Elias and Zajac is a death sentence.

#447 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Even at full health, this team lacks talent. Losing Elias and Zajac is a death sentence.

EXACTLY, who are we kidding here. not only have we lost two of our best forwards, but the players we do have dont fit the devils system well. they're either too small or too slow or cant shoot. the injuries are causing havoc with the lineups, of course there's no chemistry

#448 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Every team has injuries. Good coaches find ways to win. You cannot have it both ways and keep finding excuses for all three from Lou and Deboer and the players.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#449 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,857 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

Every team has injuries. Good coaches find ways to win. You cannot have it both ways and keep finding excuses for all three from Lou and Deboer and the players.

Remove the top 2 players from an already offensively-starved team, and that team's going to struggle regardless of who's behind the bench.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#450 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

Remove the top 2 players from an already offensively-starved team, and that team's going to struggle regardless of who's behind the bench.

thats what im saying.. you can only do so much when you have 3rd line players coming out as your first like... zubrus-lokti-jagr is our first line right now LOL ... i dont know why anyone would expect any different then what were getting right now
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users