449 replies to this topic

#141 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

and we'll just ignore the effort this team puts forth every night, ......anyone thinking the effort is not there is spinning a false narrative

no way is Lou thinking about a change, most of the complaints revolve around personell, thats on lou as much as pete

Legitimate point about effort, but it doesn't seem to be working.

IMHO the players this year are much stronger, but the results are the same as last year. If guys gel, and this is a speedbump, that would be awesome, but at some point, Lou has to decide if he thinks that's the case, and it would be for the best if that happens soon, especially if some of this DOES fall on the coaching.

@TGfireandice: Devs' D pairs: Greene-Larsson; Salvador-Zidlicky; Volchenkov-Harrold; Fayne. Sigh...

Especially since Fayne, Greene, and Larsson are the only d who should be here long term, and DeBoer seems insistent on benching Fayne and Larsson. If he's still there, no way Fayne re-signs, and who knows how Larsson develops.

If we lose this year, but develop guys, it's not the end of the world, but if bad lineup choices hurt the team in years to come, then we have a serious problem.

Edited by mouse, 12 October 2013 - 01:35 PM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#142 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,967 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Legitimate point about effort, but it doesn't seem to be working.

IMHO the players this year are much stronger, but the results are the same as last year. If guys gel, and this is a speedbump, that would be awesome, but at some point, Lou has to decide if he thinks that's the case, and it would be for the best if that happens soon, especially if some of this DOES fall on the coaching.

Especially since Fayne, Greene, and Larsson are the only d who should be here long term, and DeBoer seems insistent on benching Fayne and Larsson. If he's still there, no way Fayne re-signs, and who knows how Larsson develops.

If we lose this year, but develop guys, it's not the end of the world, but if bad lineup choices hurt the team in years to come, then we have a serious problem.

Yup... i can only predict Fayne and Larsson to be pissed off from the result of Deboer's handling of them and Lou won't talk to them and they won't know whats up and he'll approach them like 1 week before free agency and all they'll have in mind is to get the fvck out of there asap. I certainly would in that situation.

i mean... seriously are we REALLY gonna have to go through 3 more full seasons of Volchenkov and 2 of Salvador? one of the 2 HAVE to be traded of bought out next summer there's no way around it

Edited by SterioDesign, 12 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#143 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Not sure how good a read other teams have on a guy like Fayne, due to his lack of playing time. An offer from the Devils might be his best offer in the end. But this is extremely premature, after all.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#144 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,967 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Not sure how good a read other teams have on a guy like Fayne, due to his lack of playing time. An offer from the Devils might be his best offer in the end. But this is extremely premature, after all.

its not really about other teams at this point, at this moment there's absolutely no way that Fayne love being a NJ Devils... he knows too it's bullsh!t that Salvador is constantly playing no matter what over him and it's like any job, you look at what your coworker do and what they have that you don't and you see injustice everywhere and you get pissed off.

www.SterioDesign.com

#145 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Going by today's practice lines and pairs, Josefson and Fayne figure to be healthy scratches again. ughhhhhh. I agree with others that Fayne probably can't wait to get out of here.

I don't think much of Tedenby so I don't care if he plays but I wonder how long can they keep him on the NHL equivalent of the phantom DL before it gets suspicious?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#146 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Going by today's practice lines and pairs, Josefson and Fayne figure to be healthy scratches again. ughhhhhh. I agree with others that Fayne probably can't wait to get out of here.

I don't think much of Tedenby so I don't care if he plays but I wonder how long can they keep him on the NHL equivalent of the phantom DL before it gets suspicious?

If other NHL GM's actually gave two ***** about Tedenby they'd have raised hell cause it's already suspicious.  I mean really, the guy's been skating for weeks like nothing's wrong, even introduced on Opening Night with the other scratches, and yet he's still on the 'non-roster injury list'.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#147 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Fayne's as good as gone after this season guys, there's no point in thinking otherwise.

Would you resign here if you were him?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#148 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,967 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

all im fvcking hoping is that behind closed doors there's talks with Fayne telling him that Lou is trying to move bodies and that he'll be a part of the plan going forward. Just to hold on a little longer and that things will get in place and he'll have his spot.

Cause really thats the only way to make everything work, to move one of those 2 NOW. if we don't, we'll have 2 spots to fill, Fayne's spot (who would just want to get the fvck out of this circus) and Zid who will probably not resign.

Larsson - Green

Gelinas - Sal / Volch

Merril - Harrold

i dont know... i'd kinda want to see Fayne in there and Harrold as the 7th guy...

Larsson - Green

Gelinas - Fayne

Merril - Sal/Volch

Harrold

this leaves time for Santini to be ready to step in for Sal or Volch retiring or leaving after their contracts

www.SterioDesign.com

#149 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Fayne's as good as gone after this season guys, there's no point in thinking otherwise.

Only way I would is if there was another coach.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#150 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

I think our best hope at this point is that the Jets have 90 attempted shots and that Salvador/Volchenkov get injured from blocks. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#151 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

If other NHL GM's actually gave two ***** about Tedenby they'd have raised hell cause it's already suspicious.  I mean really, the guy's been skating for weeks like nothing's wrong, even introduced on Opening Night with the other scratches, and yet he's still on the 'non-roster injury list'.

Well, that's how Lou operates. They keep injuries secret. The Rangers are the same way. At least they didn't hide Nash's concussion like last year. You can't have Salvador and Zidlicky paired up. It doesn't work. They're too old and slow. How many sequences can they botch? And yeah. You got duped on the goalie interference. But there was still an opportunity to win.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#152 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

There goes another free agent without anything in return

our future isnt looking too good

#153 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,967 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

There goes another free agent without anything in return

our future isnt looking too good

why would losing Parise, Clarkson, Kovalchuk, a first round pick, Urbom and probably Fayne for nothing hurt our future? i dont get it? 

Edited by SterioDesign, 12 October 2013 - 04:46 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#154 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

@TGfireandice: Devs' D pairs: Greene-Larsson; Salvador-Zidlicky; Volchenkov-Harrold; Fayne. Sigh...

This is absolute bullsh!t!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#155 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

It's unfortunate we don't live in a hockey market so we could have journalists getting explanations from DeBoer instead of Deb Placey asking him how important he feels the next game is, or some other fluff question.

#156 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

...losing Parise, Clarkson, Kovalchuk, a first round pick, Urbom and probably Fayne...

Ugh. That's a sh!tty list.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#157 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Let me start by saying I think Fayne is slightly overrated. But the fact that he is sitting for both Volchenkov and Harrold is horrible. Volchenkovs contract should have no impact on if he is playing or not. Fayne is clearly better than AV and should be in.

#158 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Look like this could be what the devils need

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YvBsTrPO0p0

That is what PDB is saying but at the end he just says "earning your shift" only applies to anybody under 30 and if you are Swedish.

#159 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

Let me start by saying I think Fayne is slightly overrated. But the fact that he is sitting for both Volchenkov and Harrold is horrible. Volchenkovs contract should have no impact on if he is playing or not. Fayne is clearly better than AV and should be in.

Fayne has no real weakness to his game.  Good skater, good shot, smart, and a big body.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#160 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

It's unfortunate we don't live in a hockey market so we could have journalists getting explanations from DeBoer instead of Deb Placey asking him how important he feels the next game is, or some other fluff question.

Yeah no one in the media seems to ask what the fvck Pete is doing. Its annoying. Someone should tweet TG or something about that.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users